Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby: Six Nations 2021

Comments

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    Dreadful referring by Pascal Gauzère against England. Good to see it isn't just football refs that can be shit/cheats.  
    Disgraceful
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Dreadful referring by Pascal Gauzère against England. Good to see it isn't just football refs that can be shit/cheats.  
    That was very poor reffing 
  • Options
    Sporting contest, notably international ones need to be as fair as possible. The pitch and the 3rd umpire in the 3rd Test in India were neither. Far from it.
    And now Wales, after winning 2 games when they were not the better side (admittedly benefitting from the other side, quite rightly, having a player sent off.
    But now, Wales have been awarded 2 tries that they should not. Those that know me, know I won;t say this often (if ever again!) or lightly, but England have been very hard done by. Very, very bad refereeing!
    The players deserve a lot better

• Options
    Sporting contest, notably international ones need to be as fair as possible. The pitch and the 3rd umpire in the 3rd Test in India were neither. Far from it.
    And now Wales, after winning 2 games when they were not the better side (admittedly benefitting from the other side, quite rightly, having a player sent off.
    But now, Wales have been awarded 2 tries that they should not. Those that know me, know I won;t say this often (if ever again!) or lightly, but England have been very hard done by. Very, very bad refereeing!

England players don't deserve anything for their shocking indiscipline in the game though. Gift wrapping the game for Wales with our penalties 
  • Options

Unfortunately, it also hasn't helped how clearly thick the England players are.
  • Options
    Two matches of being outclassed and badly disciplined! Deserved nothing from either. 
  • Options

England players don't deserve anything for their shocking indiscipline in the game though. Gift wrapping the game for Wales with our penalties 
    True but the game would be completely different. The ref nearly got man of the match!
  • Options
    The more Wales win the luckier they get
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Think you need to be in a jail block mate with that comment:D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wales Triple Crown .. England get the CAFC Rubbish Bin Trophy ..  were Wales lucky ? .. I think both 'controversial tries' were ok, basically England lost through their persistent and continuing concession of penalties and they are simply dozy and not concentrating when it matters ..
     Adams's try ? .. play to the whistle, don't assume there will be a kick at goal and the same for Hardy's try, players turning their backs because they assumed there would be a kick at goal .. knock on ? .. I don't think so .. the commentators spoke of 'control of the ball', that is a concept in American Football, Zammit lost the ball and knocked it back onto Slade's knee from where it went forward, good try in my eyes, AND I am a fan of England, albeit a frustrated one (not quite as frustrated as I am with my 'kin football team)
    Wales kept their cool, kept control of the ball, didn't concede penalties and for the first time EVER put 40+ points on England. 
    I would like to see a win double this week, the sack for Jones and Bowyer, though it would not surprise me at all if both were in place for then next few games, Jones in articular is probably as safe as the proverbial house,
    England need changes fir the next game, the current team has got stale and clueless when it matters.
  • Options
    Wales Triple Crown .. England get the CAFC Rubbish Bin Trophy ..  were Wales lucky ? .. I think both 'controversial tries' were ok, basically England lost through their persistent and continuing concession of penalties and they are simply dozy and not concentrating when it matters ..
     Adams's try ? .. play to the whistle, don't assume there will be a kick at goal and the same for Hardy's try, players turning their backs because they assumed there would be a kick at goal .. knock on ? .. I don't think so .. the commentators spoke of 'control of the ball', that is a concept in American Football, Zammit lost the ball and knocked it back onto Slade's knee from where it went forward, good try in my eyes, AND I am a fan of England, albeit a frustrated one (not quite as frustrated as I am with my 'kin football team)
    Wales kept their cool, kept control of the ball, didn't concede penalties and for the first time EVER put 40+ points on England. 
    I would like to see a win double this week, the sack for Jones and Bowyer, though it would not surprise me at all if both were in place for then next few games, Jones in articular is probably as safe as the proverbial house,
    England need changes fir the next game, the current team has got stale and clueless when it matters.
    We weren't good enough to win but I disagree about the first try, Farrell was literally told go gather the players for a word by the ref, did, then the ref let play restart.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    I reckon that was Macron wearing a mask
  • Options
    We weren't good enough to win but I disagree about the first try, Farrell was literally told go gather the players for a word by the ref, did, then the ref let play restart.
    If you look carefully, by the time the referee whistled for Biggar to take the kick, Farrell's meeting had broken up and a few England players were casually jogging to their positions, they were, I am convinced, ready for a shot at goal.
    Adams was challenged in the air by two England players in the act of scoring, so to claim that Farrell's chat was still going on under the posts is wrong. They were just outthought by the shrewd and aware Welsh players
  • Options
    cblock said:
    As with most sport, the luckier they are the easier it is to play and score. The occasions in the last few months are ridiculous
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    I reckon that was Macron wearing a mask
    It would make more sense if the Indian 3rd umpire was the rugby referee and vice versa!
  • Options
    England rugby has morphed into English 3 lions football. Shite tactics, Shite Management, playing supposed world class players who are so obviously not match fit, Sven = Jones, the pair of them tossers
  • Options
    The quick kick try I can live with. The knock on try, especially with TMO is not on. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    The quick kick try I can live with. The knock on try, especially with TMO is not on. 
    As a 'neutral', I can't live with either
  • Options
    Neither Charlton nor England played well, what you don't need is terrible refereeing to exacerbate the situation. I don't recall the boot ever being on the other foot? 

Even Sam Warburton though the first try was a terrible decision.    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neither Charlton nor England played well, what you don't need is terrible refereeing to exacerbate the situation. I don't recall the boot ever being on the other foot? 

It was an awful decision ... and his attempted justification to Farrell was lamentable 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

It was an awful decision ... and his attempted justification to Farrell was lamentable 
    If Farrell hadn't 'cheated' by not rolling away from a ruck near the England line, the penalty leading to Adams's try would not have occurred .. bad discipline and cynical law breaking were England's downfall, not poor refereeing. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

If Farrell hadn't 'cheated' by not rolling away from a ruck near the England line, the penalty leading to Adams's try would not have occurred .. bad discipline and cynical law breaking were England's downfall, not poor refereeing. 
    They aren't mutually exclusive. 
  • Options
    Exactly as most of us saw it 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Exactly as most of us saw it 
    I reckon he's given in to pressure .. if you have access to today's Times, have a read
  • Options
    it was all level with 15 minutes to go, Wales then exploited woeful lack of discipline from England - no excuses
  • Options
    In my opinion none of the Saracens players should be playing all totally not match fit, play in form players not supposed un fit superstars. itoje world class when fit, 5 penalties, Farrells decision making and kicking hopeless, Billy V clearly overweight and immobile, don’t see the point of Elliot Daly, Watson a far better 15, and I know not a Saracen but George Ford his best days well behind him. Pick club playing, in form players, Jones has morphed into Sven Goran.
  • Options
    In my opinion none of the Saracens players should be playing all totally not match fit, play in form players not supposed un fit superstars. itoje world class when fit, 5 penalties, Farrells decision making and kicking hopeless, Billy V clearly overweight and immobile, don’t see the point of Elliot Daly, Watson a far better 15, and I know not a Saracen but George Ford his best days well behind him. Pick club playing, in form players, Jones has morphed into Sven Goran.
    EXACTLY ..won't happen though, Jones is a one trick show pony