Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby: Six Nations 2021

Comments

• Options
    ^^^ His name is Maro lol, but I know who you mean .. he's kept England in the frame for a good few games now .. should be the next captain .. I reckon he is missing his mate George Kruis, now on a right nice earner in Japan .. thing is Jones seemed reluctant to select Kruis all too often .. Jones does make some very odd selection choices  .. lucky for Jones we got to the W C final otherwise I reckon he could (in fact should) have walked the plank
    I think we missed Launchbury.
  • Options
    A few changes for England for the Italy game, nothing radical, just the return of a few old faces, except for Cowan-Dickie getting a well deserved start in the all new (but old if yer no wot i meen) front row .. I am not convinced that things will be much different tactically, and as said, if we muller Italy it means nothing .. the terrible performance against Scotland will only be remedied if England beat all of the other four to fully redeem themselves.
  • Options
    That performance against Scotland was the worst I have ever seen from an England side.......I say that without a moments hesitation.
    I am still trying to fathom it out?
  • Options
    That performance against Scotland was the worst I have ever seen from an England side.......I say that without a moments hesitation.
    But that detracts from what was a very good performance by Scotland.

England were shit, mind.
  • Options

England were shit, mind.
    I am not normally one for detracting from opposition performances......however I can honestly say that I didn’t think Scotland were that great......they didn’t have to be.
    I believe on the day even Italy would have beaten us.
    We absolutely stunk the place out in every department possible by our total hapless incompetence.
    So for once I think I can safely say it WAS our performance that lost the game, not so much Scotland’s that won it.
    A comment/quote from John Pulllin's obituary about the 1970s when England were REALLY bad .. 'we weren't much good, but at least we turned up'
  • Options
    The fact that the Saracens contingent hadn't hardly had a game so far this calendar year is some 'excuse' .. BUT Jones knew this so WHY didn't he pick/try some in form players instead of Farrell, Daley, George etc. ? .. only Itoje played anywhere close to an acceptable level .. there is a big danger that Jones will continue to play the same team and the same way until his contract runs out, leaving an aged team in need of desperate rebuilding to his successor .. really clever coaches bring in (say) one or two new players every season or so to aid continuity while still rebuilding ..
    there is need for a new scrum half,  fly half, full back and (in my opinion) the much vaunted front row of Sinckler, George and the elder Vunipola is well overrated  .. AND (lastly lol) Billy V is showing increasing signs of wear and tear, immobility and general knackerdness ((:>)
  • Options
    edited February 2021

England were shit, mind.
    I am not normally one for detracting from opposition performances......however I can honestly say that I didn’t think Scotland were that great......they didn’t have to be.
    I believe on the day even Italy would have beaten us.
    We absolutely stunk the place out in every department possible by our total hapless incompetence.
    So for once I think I can safely say it WAS our performance that lost the game, not so much Scotland’s that won it.
    A comment/quote from John Pulllin's obituary about the 1970s when England were REALLY bad .. 'we weren't much good, but at least we turned up'
    We were indeed crap but the likes of JP, Bob Hiller and David Duckham, then Andy Ripley, stoked a love of the game in many a young lad. Good times.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    watched the Scotland v Wales game. really entertaining match. Wales just edging it with the man advantage again.

Hogg, Russell and Darcy Graham for Scotland and Wyn Jones and Rees Zammit for Wales all had good games. 
  • Options
    The rugby gods are smiling on Wales with the red cards for opponents. Obviously thought they needed a lift after last season 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough ask for Ireland today without Sexton, Murray, O’Mahoney & Ryan.  Quick opportunity for Burns to banish the memory of that kick. Galthie has France clicking and definitely the favourites for the tournament. 
  • Options
    Great games so far. Was slightly gutted for the scots, for a minute, and then not so much. Bring on wales. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    The rugby gods are smiling on Wales with the red cards for opponents. Obviously thought they needed a lift after last season 😉
    Frustrating that Wales have both games despite not being the better side because the other team has been a man down. Fair enough both players deserved to be red carded but Wales have been very lucky (not good) to win both games. If they were any good they would have made more of the advantage with both Ireland and Scotland unfortunately going close even with a man down, but not close enought
  • Options
    That Rees-Zammit is some player!
    Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’m really excited to see how we get on today. 
    I personally don’t think we’ll beat France but all I want is some effort shown.
    We need to move on from Sexton sooner rather than later imo.
    We won’t ever move forward continually relying on him being in the squad.
  • Options
    Make it a season of rebuilding.

And trying to teach Lowe how to tackle...
  • Options
    Ireland have been searching for successors to Sexton & Murray for a while, but Burns & Gibson-Park are pretty sub-standard from what I’ve seen so far.  

Have to say that the game was closer than I expected, but France deservedly won. I’m still not convinced that Lowe’s foot touched the line that disallowed his try, but France looked dangerous every time they attacked and their defence was formidable.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Lowe’s trailing foot came over and touched the line before he grounded the ball. 

The  French played like the French can at times, they are the team to beat.
  • Options
    Lowe’s trailing foot came over and touched the line before he grounded the ball. 

I know...straws...clutching...I was 😉
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I know...straws...clutching...I was 😉
    So does Worzel Gummidge, when knocking one out.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Can I have a mini-whinge about Irish players being stationary, waiting for the ball to be passed out, and having almost no forward momentum before being tackled?

And don't get me started on running sideways with the ball, closing off space when there was a possible overlap...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t forget that Billy Burns missed a sitter of a pen at the the beginning of the game, that would have meant in the end, Ireland would have won.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    England beat Italy as expected and are totally underwhelming, but Italy show signs of progress/improvement (at last)
    France have a rare Dublin win and are showing how the game can be played against a very tough and determined Irish side. Ireland battered away and rarely made much ground, too keen on battering 'the man' and not finding space. France had very few incursions into the Irish 25 (22 whatever) and scored two terrific tries. A lot of Frances's vast improvement must be down to the man England have never needed, the Ruby Guru, Shaun Edwards.
    England on current form will find it VERY hard to beat either of these teams (repeat repeat England needed changes before the Scotland game .. too late now)
    Wales now have another young and skilful flier in the Gerald Davies, J J Williams, John Bevan mould, a flier who is also big and tough. He was the difference between a Wales defeat and a Scots win even with their fourteen men after the brainless Fagerson was sent off for another nasty assault at the breakdown, seems he was saying to O'Mahony  .. 'anything you can do, I can do stupider'. As said, the breakdown area needs radical law changes .. incidentally both sendings off were by English referees, so far, NO hint of accusations about Anglo Saxon bias against the brave Celts ((:>) .. A week off now, resumption in two weeks time
  • Options
    Can I have a mini-whinge about Irish players being stationary, waiting for the ball to be passed out, and having almost no forward momentum before being tackled?

And don't get me started on running sideways with the ball, closing off space when there was a possible overlap...
    Welcome to the Andy Farrell school of rugby 😔
    I’m still not convinced.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Ireland have been searching for successors to Sexton & Murray for a while, but Burns & Gibson-Park are pretty sub-standard from what I’ve seen so far.  

Have to say that the game was closer than I expected, but France deservedly won. I’m still not convinced that Lowe’s foot touched the line that disallowed his try, but France looked dangerous every time they attacked and their defence was formidable.  
    100%
  • Options

France head coach Fabien Galthie has tested positive for coronavirus, the French Rugby Federation (FFR) has said.

Earlier on Tuesday, the FFR said the entire squad was isolating after a non-playing staff member also tested positive.

The pair will isolate for seven days, with France due to host Scotland on 28 February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56084565

• Options

Scotland's Six Nations match in Paris on Sunday has been postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak in the France squad.

Organisers say a new date for the game will be announced "in due course".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56196639

• Options
    Same old same old for England v Wales .. thing is they can only get better .. cant they !!?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not sure how the ref or the TMO didn’t give Ireland a try for Henderson.

• Options
    that's a try
  • Options
    Dreadful referring by Pascal Gauzère against England. Good to see it isn't just football refs that can be shit/cheats.