Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021

Comments

• Oh, and might be the wrong thread, but stop playing it out from the back and from goal kicks, we aren't Man City!! Taking a goal kick long doesnt mean you will lose the ball, it's a 50-50 funnily enough! Playing it across your back four or playing it straight into the middle of the pitch to the opposition is asking for trouble (Gunter x around 4 this season).
  • Oh, and might be the wrong thread, but stop playing it out from the back and from goal kicks, we aren't Man City!! Taking a goal kick long doesnt mean you will lose the ball, it's a 50-50 funnily enough! Playing it across your back four or playing it straight into the middle of the pitch to the opposition is asking for trouble (Gunter x around 4 this season).
    With Stockley we have a guy that allows us to get up the pitch fast. Honestly probably the best ST we've had in the air since Yann.

You think we'd try and utilise that from GK's.
  • One belief I have in football is the need to know your teams passing quality. This will vary depending on which league you are in so the same team will have a higher number against weaker sides. This is done by assessing over a group of matches how many passes a team has before losing the ball or creating a chance.

Our score in this is currently going to be pretty low. Now confidence or lack of it is very likely to be pulling it down, but whilst confidence is low, we surely need to adapt to a style that requires less passes to get from point a to point b.
  • We do seem to have become very predictable in our play. Everyone knows that the ball will come from the keeper either to Maatsen or played across the back line until it gets to him, he then brings it out and gets closed down so lays it off backwards and across the line it goes again and then back to him again. Thats unless Pratley gets the ball and then the inevitable bad touch followed by the resulting feet up lunge produces a free kick to the opposition lol
  • If we beat Rochdale it will be tight and defensive. It isn't the blueprint for going on a run. That is creating quite a few more chances than you concede, however you achieve that. 
    One thing you can say about games involving Rochdale are that they are not "tight & defensive"...😄.

FWIW, I reckon Bowyer will see the light on Saturday, will start with Millar & DJ and we win 4-2.
    Millar and DJ starting? In your dreams, Golfie ...... :neutral:

• edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The Manager and players are completely bereft of confidence, it started last season and has run into this one. We no longer play with any freedom and our players fear making mistakes. 

Bowyer's attitude towards attacking, flowing football isn't going to suddenly change. I had hoped he'd stopped mugging his players off to the media, he hasn't. Was Albie's decision to shoot really a poor one? Well after clipping the bar not long before probably not, sure the execution wasn't fantastic but he created enough space and another day that's on target.  Under Bowyer we will continue to pass to midfield, pass to defence, pass around defence until either a mistake or a long pumped ball forward.... That is all we have style wise. We're constantly waiting for gaps to open up further up field and it's not happening, because this isn't Sunday league.

In addition to this Chuks has looked like off the boil lately, we've not adapted to play in our new striker, we've not adapted our play to allow for Washington's injury and we look all over the shop.  We nick Swindon's best two players and they go on and win their next game... We know that'd be another excuse for Bowyer to have lost a game after losing two players. I'm surprised he didn't use it about Jonny, Maddison and Bogle tbh. 

I'll finish by saying I liked Lee Bowyer, what he did in 18/19 was stunning, but it's been 23 wins from his last 72 games. Sure 46 of those were in the league above, but that run including a relegation would see most managers elsewhere sacked, even in spite of his challenges faced. 

He hasn't stayed for us the fans or his love of CAFC, he has stayed because Southall put him on a big tasty contract with a high pay out if he were to be sacked. That has two years left on it and Lee won't walk away with that payout hovering in the background. 

If he were to miraculously change his ways and we return to winning ways and made the playoffs of course I'd accept I was wrong. But it is not about to happen. I imagine when he does get sacked, he will be straight back to his fishing lakes with enough money to never have to care about Football again. 
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Where was this shout during the Summer court cases or before the bad run of form? I hope you’re not just being reactive to  recent results. 

It’s no problem hating his style of management or wanting him to be replaced with someone else, but to suggest he’s only here for the money is utter nonsense. 

He was approached multiple times before this “big tasty contract”, which still isn’t anywhere near what other managers are paid in the Championship. He was doing a good job, well respected in the game and the fans loved him - hence being rewarded accordingly. 

Why twist the narrative? It’s this sort of rubbish that muddies the waters and just adds to the already toxic fan base. 
    Do you think he would have stayed if he'd been offered shit money? Don't be so naive.
    What do you mean, what’s that got to do with anything? He was on shit money and stayed despite having offers from much richer and bigger clubs. He then got offered a contract to stay longer. 

It’s a literal non-point. It offers zero insight about anything. It’s needlessly questioning the content of a mans character for the sake of it. 
    How did I question his character? I questioned whether he would have stayed if a better offer actually came in. None have as far as the media reports, Cardiff were once interested back last January they didn't approach him as far as I am aware, but that was the only club I remember? Some whispers about Leeds the season before I think? 

I do not question his character. I simply state he hasn't been sacked because of his contract, which I believe to be the same reason he has stayed from his choosing. He won't walk away from that potential pay out, he'd be mad to.   
    Depends on your definition of questioning character I suppose. To me, it's neither here nor there why he's stayed - but to assert the reason he's stayed is due to money is pointless, it skews objective reality to show him in a negative light.

During the interest from other clubs, he was the lowest-paid manager in the league, money was not a reason for staying. During Roland mucking about with the renewal of his contract, he could have left and been one of the hottest properties in the EFL (at the time), he didn't leave and it wasn't about his pay packet. Bowyer is already a rich man, settled at a club he cares about, with his kids in school and a home nearby. Yes, he wants to be paid fairly but so does every other human on the planet. He won't walk away from a payout, but neither would you or I.

My whole point is the money side of Bowyer is irrelevant. If you don't like him there are plenty of other angles you can dig at him for. 

If Sandgaard wants to sack him, he will sack him - the payout will not be an obstacle that stops Sandgaard getting the right manager in charge. 
    I like Lee Bowyer, I may have disagreed with how he's treated players over the last 12 months or so, but I can understand the pressure on him and his frustrations as manager.

I will say if people can't  comment their assumption on his reason for staying as money others then shouldn't plaster their assumptions that he stayed for his love of the club.

I vowed on the other thread to not question his position again until 36 games are played so I won't. He has my support and I will judge how I feel about him as manager then. Until then I will not comment negatively on his performance as manager. I can tell you right now that my biggest hope is that we see him getting it right in those games with his management team and squad they have put together. Results won't matter so long as we feel more like the 18/19 team where we were going on a journey...
  • Did any of our local journos ask about Millar? I can understand why Minto can't as he is in-house but it's such a strange thing to do. He wasn't injured, he didn't play Saturday, so why drop him? Is there a football reason?
    Bowyer said Millar had tight hamstrings after the MK Dons game and he wanted to rest him to avoid a longer lay-off.

OK fine. Then, as others have said, leave him at home, early night, rather than make him run about defending a lost cause for 55 mintes. 
  • Start Chucks and Stockley every game.
    Don't start Morgan or JFC.

Boot it upfield and try to win the knock-downs.
    DO NOT PASS BACK just to try and recycle a move - always pass to the wing or into the box.
    Be prepared to gamble with runs and passes - stop taking the safe option every time.
    When in the box - SHOOT, don't pass.

Next week - Rocket Technology explained.........stay tuned.
  • Look, I haven't got time to go through all this, but could someone just tell me if a new scapegoat has been identified now JW,  MM and Bogle are gone.
    Yeah, Albie 
    According to The Bible it's the goat that is released that is the scapegoat so we can continue with Bogle.

Only problem is that we will now need to identify another goat and sacrifice him.
    Can we find another goat in a team of donkeys?

• One belief I have in football is the need to know your teams passing quality. This will vary depending on which league you are in so the same team will have a higher number against weaker sides. This is done by assessing over a group of matches how many passes a team has before losing the ball or creating a chance.

Our score in this is currently going to be pretty low. Now confidence or lack of it is very likely to be pulling it down, but whilst confidence is low, we surely need to adapt to a style that requires less passes to get from point a to point b.
    Linked to this, I've noticed another shortcoming in our spells of possession at the back.

Gunter, Oshilaja etc tend to play the ball to the wide player's feet ... and not a metre or so in front (which would encourage forward movement).

So, we have the enthralling sight of Maatsen receiving the ball and, being the one-footed player that he is, forced to turn inside and play it back.  It's the same for Matthews, and for Forster-Caskey.

If we are going to persist with the 'build from the back' approach, we might find that things become a whole lot more attack-minded if the first ball was played just in front of our wide players.

And, yes, all of this is nullified if the opposition close us down ... but then our central defenders shouldn't be playing a pass to team mates who are not in space.  That's where we need a central midfield 'Guv'nor' ... which neither Pratley or Watson are.

Step forward, Matt Smith.  This is your destiny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, the better the passing team the better the accuracy of passes. So they are not just to a player, but have an aim to help to attack build as in playing in front of them as you say. Also, the control of the receiving player needs to be good too - we have a lot of heavy touches when there isn't much excuse for it IMO. 
  • edited February 2021
    This works for all levels as it is always relative. The U-18 team I managed could make 7 or 8 passes in Division 4 and we considered ourselves to be a good passing team. When we were moved up to the 1st Division, we were a 2 to 3 passing team and had trouble building attacks and losing possession in danger areas. 

We had to evolve because the quality we were playing against was much higher. We did evolve into a team that tried not to pass more than three times. We did the double against a much better technical side, coached by an ex Premier League footballer. If any grass roots managers want to see a video of one game against them where they are doing all the passing and we never went above three passes the whole game, and won 4-1 and missed a penalty too happy to share. 

The principle is the same wherever you play. We cannot string the number of passes together our approach demands. That should be clear to everybody. part of the problem is opponents are pressing us and outnumbering us where we can hurt them as a counter to how we play.
  • When I saw that Jonny and Maddison had been moved on I assumed this was an extreme measure intended to solve a dressing room spat and that, win lose or draw our boys would come out united and fighting against Pompey.

Instead we regressed to where we were a month ago. Subbuteo football. 

Too slow, no width, team scattered all over the pitch, horizontal passing in our own half. It looked like a veteran's charity team.

Pratley has been great but his legs have gone now and he aimlessly lunges about like a rabid labrador.  Him plus Shinnie, JFC and Watson in midfield offer the combined energy and athleticism of cold custard. 

Stockley was our best player but what exactly was our game plan? Horizontal passing in our own half for a few minutes them lump it up to the big fella? When he did knock it down on a plate, Big Ronnie (who must be related to the owner because there is no other justification for his selection) just looked on bewildered. I thought he was the classic poacher?

We did better last season in a higher division with the kids. 
  • thenewbie said:
    1968CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    One question for all the Bowyer apologists -

When is enough enough  ?  We have now won 4 games in our last 17. 

Is it when we win 5 in 20....?

Or when we win 6 in 23 ?

Week in & week out I read that its a blip, we won 6 on the trot, wait for the "big 2" to come back.....blah blah blah. 

Will you now accept that he has taken us as far as he can. 
    I asked the question on the Bowyer Out thread but unfortunately no one has provided an answer

Should Curbs and Gritt have been sacked in 92/93 when we went on a similar run where we got 14-points from 17-games whereas we've gone 18-points from 17-games at the present...? - There is absolutely zero patience amongst Football fans anymore

For me its not a case he cant be at fault for anything, even I've been critical in recent weeks

But for me he gets a period into next season depending on results, gets a proper summer to work in pre-season @ Sparrows Lane and on a Training Camp to actually build a squad that is built on unity. This team has been rushed, its been put together in a panicked mess, its like sticking up a wall without any foundations and hoping it can do the job its there for.

The teams around us, how many of them have had to build virtually from scratch AGAIN this season... Instead I imagine they've put together a team of players that has been improved over the seasons to the point its strong enough to mount a serious promotion challenge

Regardless of who the Manager is next season, this summer HAS to be the last time that happens

We talk about recovering from Roland's era, we talk about the damage ESI have done, its going to take time to recover as a Football club.

But we wont get anywhere as a team without a stable team that is constantly being replaced and changed every season
    did any of that make bowyer drop purrington after our first clean sheet in ages,? bench millar after a motm performance and bench aneke, who, along with millar is one of the only 2 players available that can go past anybody? - i'm sorry, its brainless and he has to go 
        As a Loyal supporter of CAFC for 50 years 
        I cannot understand why so many fans think 
        That Sacking Lee Bowyer is the simple fix.
        We have been missing our two star defenders    
        For the last 8 plus Games.
        It does not take a genius to see that if the two 
        Valuable assets had been playing we would now 
        Probably be in the Top 4 and Lee Bowyer would
        Not have had to made so many changes and alterations to our failing and Goal leaking defence.
    once AKEN & INNIS are back the difference will be
    obvious even to many of anti Bowyer department. 👍👍👍

i understand that but why drop purrington? why string 4 paceless centre mids across the park and why play a little and large up top with no width? i'm sorry but i've seen enough over the last year and i know all the excuses and mitigating circumstances  
       No Excuses 
       Only a total looney of which you respectfully are not would think that AKEN & INNIS would not make a huge unpack to this team.
    if we had had them both we would be top 4 
    I have no doubt.
    Lee Bowyer should be given until the end of the season. as we are not going to be relegated.👍👍👍

Both would make a difference but both (Inniss moreso admittedly) have had injury/fitness problems before. Having them as your first choice is great, the lack of depth behind them is very much not.

Deji would be fine or even good alongside another proper CB I'm sure. Having to play alongside someone who is either out of position or Pearce would test much better defenders than he is. If it were either Inniss or Famewo having to try and defend in the same circumstances I doubt they would look quite so impressive.
        So respectfully why were they so impressive  
        Before their injuries?
        When we were on a long winning run ?
  • Observations not just on last night but in general:

Genuinely never seen a manager who makes so many changes to a starting lineup. Always a minimum of 3 per game.

His obsession with rotation and keeping players fresh is doing us no good. Players need to play together consistently to build up an understanding of each other, play your best fucking team wherever possible. But at least we'll have fresh legs for the last month of the season for our push to finish 8th or 9th.

We've just come off a win, they've had a bit of a rest, there's really no need to change the team and leave out Millar and Aneke. Baffling.

Defence is appalling. They've all been bad but Maatsen i think has been off his game for a few weeks. Can't really blame him as he's just a kid but does he have a clause where he has to play if he's fit or something? Why not give him a rest for a couple of weeks and give Purrington a run, he can't do any worse.

Why do attacking players play well and get dropped next game, Williams, Maddison, Millar, Aneke yet Gunter is the second name on the team sheet after Amos despite probably being able to count his good games this season on one hand.

We're into February and i don't think Bowyer has any idea of his best XI. 

Seemingly our entire season rests on the return of Famewo. No pressure Akin! But for me if a sides season rests on the return of a centre back, then ultimately that side isn't very good.
    This, great post! You can't legislate for the perpetual errors we make, but after w week's break  why start changing the team? Miller looked great last time out so he's dropped. A similar thing happened to Williams and Madisson, and it seems a good performance leads directly to the bench. Bowyer is still making these daft changes  and my impression is he will continue to do so until he is moved on in the summer, after we miss out on the play offs. I'll be skipping the live feeds for a werk or two, as my kids think 'FFS Bowyer' is a swear word. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The Manager and players are completely bereft of confidence, it started last season and has run into this one. We no longer play with any freedom and our players fear making mistakes. 

Bowyer's attitude towards attacking, flowing football isn't going to suddenly change. I had hoped he'd stopped mugging his players off to the media, he hasn't. Was Albie's decision to shoot really a poor one? Well after clipping the bar not long before probably not, sure the execution wasn't fantastic but he created enough space and another day that's on target.  Under Bowyer we will continue to pass to midfield, pass to defence, pass around defence until either a mistake or a long pumped ball forward.... That is all we have style wise. We're constantly waiting for gaps to open up further up field and it's not happening, because this isn't Sunday league.

In addition to this Chuks has looked like off the boil lately, we've not adapted to play in our new striker, we've not adapted our play to allow for Washington's injury and we look all over the shop.  We nick Swindon's best two players and they go on and win their next game... We know that'd be another excuse for Bowyer to have lost a game after losing two players. I'm surprised he didn't use it about Jonny, Maddison and Bogle tbh. 

I'll finish by saying I liked Lee Bowyer, what he did in 18/19 was stunning, but it's been 23 wins from his last 72 games. Sure 46 of those were in the league above, but that run including a relegation would see most managers elsewhere sacked, even in spite of his challenges faced. 

He hasn't stayed for us the fans or his love of CAFC, he has stayed because Southall put him on a big tasty contract with a high pay out if he were to be sacked. That has two years left on it and Lee won't walk away with that payout hovering in the background. 

If he were to miraculously change his ways and we return to winning ways and made the playoffs of course I'd accept I was wrong. But it is not about to happen. I imagine when he does get sacked, he will be straight back to his fishing lakes with enough money to never have to care about Football again. 
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Where was this shout during the Summer court cases or before the bad run of form? I hope you’re not just being reactive to  recent results. 

It’s no problem hating his style of management or wanting him to be replaced with someone else, but to suggest he’s only here for the money is utter nonsense. 

He was approached multiple times before this “big tasty contract”, which still isn’t anywhere near what other managers are paid in the Championship. He was doing a good job, well respected in the game and the fans loved him - hence being rewarded accordingly. 

Why twist the narrative? It’s this sort of rubbish that muddies the waters and just adds to the already toxic fan base. 
    Do you think he would have stayed if he'd been offered shit money? Don't be so naive.
    What do you mean, what’s that got to do with anything? He was on shit money and stayed despite having offers from much richer and bigger clubs. He then got offered a contract to stay longer. 

It’s a literal non-point. It offers zero insight about anything. It’s needlessly questioning the content of a mans character for the sake of it. 
    How did I question his character? I questioned whether he would have stayed if a better offer actually came in. None have as far as the media reports, Cardiff were once interested back last January they didn't approach him as far as I am aware, but that was the only club I remember? Some whispers about Leeds the season before I think? 

I do not question his character. I simply state he hasn't been sacked because of his contract, which I believe to be the same reason he has stayed from his choosing. He won't walk away from that potential pay out, he'd be mad to.   
    Depends on your definition of questioning character I suppose. To me, it's neither here nor there why he's stayed - but to assert the reason he's stayed is due to money is pointless, it skews objective reality to show him in a negative light.

During the interest from other clubs, he was the lowest-paid manager in the league, money was not a reason for staying. During Roland mucking about with the renewal of his contract, he could have left and been one of the hottest properties in the EFL (at the time), he didn't leave and it wasn't about his pay packet. Bowyer is already a rich man, settled at a club he cares about, with his kids in school and a home nearby. Yes, he wants to be paid fairly but so does every other human on the planet. He won't walk away from a payout, but neither would you or I.

My whole point is the money side of Bowyer is irrelevant. If you don't like him there are plenty of other angles you can dig at him for. 

If Sandgaard wants to sack him, he will sack him - the payout will not be an obstacle that stops Sandgaard getting the right manager in charge. 
    I like Lee Bowyer, I may have disagreed with how he's treated players over the last 12 months or so, but I can understand the pressure on him and his frustrations as manager.

I will say if people can't  comment their assumption on his reason for staying as money others then shouldn't plaster their assumptions that he stayed for his love of the club.

I vowed on the other thread to not question his position again until 36 games are played so I won't. He has my support and I will judge how I feel about him as manager then. Until then I will not comment negatively on his performance as manager. I can tell you right now that my biggest hope is that we see him getting it right in those games with his management team and squad they have put together. Results won't matter so long as we feel more like the 18/19 team where we were going on a journey...
    Not saying you don’t like him mate, just stating there are plenty of reasons to not like him besides what you may personally believe his motives are. 

It’s a multifaceted situation where he will be weighing up multiple things at once, money is one factor and love of the club is another, as is his kids schooling etc. To narrow it down to one aspect, like money or love of the club is silly and a pointless exercise. 

As to your last point I think that’s a great attitude, one I’ve adopted myself but extended it to 46 games. This is such a weird season and making rash decisions mid-season won’t be good for the long term future of the club. I’m tired of fair weather support, hating the man when the going gets tough and loving him when things start to work. 

Just for the record, if we fall away this season and his game management doesn’t improve - I’d be happy to see a management shakeup. Until that point, he has my full support as he’s well and truly earned it.
  • Awful.  How many saves did their 'keeper have to make?

Having a piss poor ref didn't help.

I'm not going to leave player marks, my 0.5 keys will wear out.
  • For several weeks we've had a glaring defensive weakness through the middle. It's not just a CB problem, it's the lack of shield in front of the defence which is highlighted by the number of goals we concede to quick counter attacks. Attacks where we lose the ball and the opposition break at will through our midfield to get a shot away. Pompey had several breakaways (including the "comedy" one in the Tweet above) which they could/should have scored from

And we've done nothing about it. No new centre back, no new defensive shield in midfield, no change of tactics to prevent this happening. And until we stop this, we'll continue to drop lots of points.
    Kerching.
  • edited February 2021
    I have played in teams who had 3-4 different faces each week. It does not work.

Bowyer must decide who his best 11 are and play them as consistently as possible. If changes need to be made, try and keep the number to a minimum and keep the focus on your best group. Regular games will develop the understanding within the group to build them into an effective team.

I am familiar with the arguments about "rotation"  BUT  this seems to only work effectively when you have players of equal ability.

I am worried that the first team will struggle to be a competitive unit until there is a much better consistency in selection. 

Example - still cannot understand why Millar was not selected to start against Portsmouth.  

• edited February 2021
    Watching the "highlights" again I'd like to point out 2 things.......

1)  it seems that Morgan was the only player willing to shoot. Why then was he the one hauled off & not Shinnie or JFC ? 

2) the 3rd goal was down to 2 very experienced players not doing their jobs. Matthews should have just cleared it- anywhere really but certainly not a flick/back heel back into the box. Then Watson should have been much stronger in the tackle (could he have been any weaker) - some might say he bottled the tackle. I bet Stevie Brown wouldn't have done so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching the "highlights" again I'd like to point out 2 things.......

1)  it seems that Morgan was the only player willing to shoot. Why then was he the one hauled off & not Shinnie or JFC ? 

2) the 3rd goal was down to 2 very experienced players not doing their jobs. Matthews should have just cleared it- anywhere really but certainly not a flick/back heel back into the box. Then Watson should have been much stronger in the tackle (could he have been any weaker) - some might say he bottled the tackle. I bet Stevie Brown wouldn't have done so. 
    1) he was responsible for giving the ball away in dangerous areas multiple times - one of him or JFC needed to come off at half time. I thought Shinnie played well linking defence and attack but that didn't seem to be the majority opinion on the match thread.

2) yes very poor from both and starting to think it's better if they are let go at the end of the season
  • edited February 2021
    Interesting xG map as even I thought we were poor last night... usually I look at these and think yeah that’s about right and we were either lucky or unlucky to win or lose. But this time, I think Pompey deserved to win last night in spite of the nominal expected goal difference (0.06) between the teams.

• Not so much about last night
    To me a full back must first be defender and any attacking ability a bonus. Maatsen while occasionally making a good defensive tackle does get out of position whereas Purrington is a better defender and if Millar is in front of him it makes a better balance.
    I wonder what position it was that Gallen didn't manage to recruit as discussed in VP last night
    To me a full back must first be defender and any attacking ability a bonus. Maatsen while occasionally making a good defensive tackle does get out of position whereas Purrington is a better defender and if Millar is in front of him it makes a better balance.
    I wonder what position it was that Gallen didn't manage to recruit as discussed in VP last night
    Rich Cawley said it was Josh Morris from Fleetwood.
    Rich Cawley said it was Josh Morris from Fleetwood.
    And that the player was halfway down the motorway to sign for us - before he was called back.

• Like most of you, I am sick of Bowyer’s constant tinkering/unnecessary changes - both before & during the matches. But he doesn’t seem to be learning from these errors & I expect he will make another batch of changes for Rochdale - most probably he will drop Albie & Schwartz, possibly Shinnie, Pratley or Matthews whilst reinstating Millar, Watson, Chuks & the new bloke with the silly name.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Posted after reading. 

In the four or five games before Portsmouth we showed real signs of improvement. A bit less tinkering, slightly better setup. We’ve had a good window. It’s clear we need some tactical and selection stability going forward, but I’m hoping that Bowyer realised that. 
    I think it’s a bit mad to be calling for him to be sacked after the progress that has been made recently
    Oh, and I can’t really understand why people would criticise Oshi after his last four performances. 
    if you mean on the pitch then I must have missed that.
    We went through a shocking patch where he was playing players way out of position game after game and making negative substitutions, but in the four or five matches before Portsmouth we definitely looked a bit better. You may have missed it, but post match views were a bit more positive, as were players marks. It wasn’t a massive improvement for sure, but any improvement was welcome after what went before, which was pretty dire. 
    Let’s hope he can get the new signings involved. If he doesn’t try using DJ I’ll be pissed off. Would like to see Millar on the left, him on the right, Stockley +1 in the middle. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Posted after reading. 

In the four or five games before Portsmouth we showed real signs of improvement. A bit less tinkering, slightly better setup. We’ve had a good window. It’s clear we need some tactical and selection stability going forward, but I’m hoping that Bowyer realised that. 
    I think it’s a bit mad to be calling for him to be sacked after the progress that has been made recently
    Oh, and I can’t really understand why people would criticise Oshi after his last four performances. 
    if you mean on the pitch then I must have missed that.
    We went through a shocking patch where he was playing players way out of position game after game and making negative substitutions, but in the four or five matches before Portsmouth we definitely looked a bit better. You may have missed it, but post match views were a bit more positive, as were players marks. It wasn’t a massive improvement for sure, but any improvement was welcome after what went before, which was pretty dire. 
    Let’s hope he can get the new signings involved. If he doesn’t try using DJ I’ll be pissed off. Would like to see Millar on the left, him on the right, Stockley +1 in the middle. 
    I'd love to see that work, reality is that would leave us even softer, easier to outnumber in the middle of the pitch and put more pressure on our softest underbelly 

• Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Perfect example of a fan too emotionally attached to Bowyer. No one questions the content of his character ffs.