Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• It just feels like back to square one after an improvement in performances since the Rochdale game. 
  • Bowyer isn’t getting sacked this season regardless 
    1. 90'+2'

Post update

Foul by Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic).

2. 90'+2'

Post update

George Byers (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Stockley and chucks up top Saturday 
  • edited February 2021
    What exactly is our game plan  ?
    As a senior pro once said "He's fucking lost it"
  • 90'+3'

Booking

Tom Naylor (Portsmouth) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• CH4RLTON said:
    The Bowyer out brigade will be out in force tonight, rage quitting the Facebook group before it starts. 
    The Terry guy is an idiot 
  • se9addick said:
    Bowyer isn’t getting sacked this season regardless 
    Why not?
  • It just feels like back to square one after an improvement in performances since the Rochdale game. 
    Peterborough and Portsmouth have shown we wont go up. Other results going forward will probably prolong that fact and we'll end up around 8th
  • Sponsored links:

• Finally win a game and then continue tinkering with the lineup 
  • What exactly is our game plan  ?
    Give it to Millar and hope for the best. 
  • Portsmouth sub
  • CH4RLTON said:
    The Bowyer out brigade will be out in force tonight
    Strange really. Can't understand why.
  • Think this will be First and last stream I will be buying this season.
  • edited February 2021
    There was no need to dump Purrington and Millar after a win. We complimented how well they defended on the left. 

Cocky, arrogant or stoopid?
  • Crewe win to go level on points with us
  • Leuth said:
    LMHR said:
    I been watching the Addicks for 56yrs. In that time I’ve always approached every game with a feeling of excitement,  except under Robinson where I went to the valley out of pure loyalty and habit . I never thought I would feel like that again. I’ve got that same feeling now  with every game. I’m actually bored watching this team. 
    Robinson worse than Fraeye or Slade? Or this?
    Fraeye and Slade are obviously worse but I’m struggling to think of another side that’s underperformed so much. I refuse to believe that this group of players are all this bad. 
  • Finally win a game and then continue tinkering with the lineup 
    We were poor v MK Dons, they were toothless, only reason we won.
  • sam3110 said:
    How many games have we played since the start of January? All that time playing with a shortness of centre backs when we could have done something about it. I know, I know, Bowyer said we don't need another one, but I disagree, and I truly think getting one in as soon as we were able to would have made a huge difference. 
    But Bowyer knows more about football than you so your glaringly obvious observation is invalidated. 
  • Sponsored links:

• At least Powell had the excuse of a poor owner that held him back. 

Bowyer is crying over a wage cap that everyone else in the league has. 
    Peterborough and Portsmouth have shown we wont go up. Other results going forward will probably prolong that fact and we'll end up around 8th
    Be lucky to finish top half I reckon
  • Just one win off a playoff spot.
  • Accrington score 5.

We wont score 5 for the rest of the month. 
    But beating Bristol Rovers was a good result, they are a decent team.... 
  • Leuth said:
    LMHR said:
    I been watching the Addicks for 56yrs. In that time I’ve always approached every game with a feeling of excitement,  except under Robinson where I went to the valley out of pure loyalty and habit . I never thought I would feel like that again. I’ve got that same feeling now  with every game. I’m actually bored watching this team. 
    Robinson worse than Fraeye or Slade? Or this?
    Fraeye and Slade are obviously worse but I’m struggling to think of another side that’s underperformed so much. I refuse to believe that this group of players are all this bad. 
    I doubt Slade could do worse with this squad.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    The Bowyer out brigade will be out in force tonight, rage quitting the Facebook group before it starts. 
    The use of the word "brigade". in the absence of anything more cogent, is so 2020.
  • If this was played during normal times, I would be at the station by now
  • 90'+5'

Substitution

Substitution, Portsmouth. Harvey White replaces Michael Jacobs.

• I think we should play 4-2-4 with rush goalies.
    it couldn’t be any worse could it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!