Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Southbank said:
    By not reinforcing the defence we have lost any faint chance of automatic promotion. It is a colossal error. 
    Even I know automatic promotion is laughable 
  • Still about 10 mins to turn it around. 
    Arsen is on her third bottle!
    It’ll be a game we talk about for years to come. 3 goals bottles in the last 3 minutes.  B)

• We can't even pump the ball into the box properly. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Worse than the Parkinson side 
    He'd been sacked by now hadn't he? Despite being higher up the league than us.
    Yeah we were fourth at the start of January when he went
  • We’re going to do well to get a draw out of this.

We're going to do well to loose 1-3
  • Still ‘plenty of time” according to our commentary 
  • edited February 2021
    The players look like they only trained together for the first time yesterday. 
  • Harrison is all over Gunter in our area and then goes down. That was yellow worthy simulation I'd have thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• How many games have we played since the start of January? All that time playing with a shortness of centre backs when we could have done something about it. I know, I know, Bowyer said we don't need another one, but I disagree, and I truly think getting one in as soon as we were able to would have made a huge difference. 
  • LMHR said:
    I been watching the Addicks for 56yrs. In that time I’ve always approached every game with a feeling of excitement,  except under Robinson where I went to the valley out of pure loyalty and habit . I never thought I would feel like that again. I’ve got that same feeling now  with every game. I’m actually bored watching this team. 
    This team is horrible to watch.
  • LMHR said:
    I been watching the Addicks for 56yrs. In that time I’ve always approached every game with a feeling of excitement,  except under Robinson where I went to the valley out of pure loyalty and habit . I never thought I would feel like that again. I’ve got that same feeling now  with every game. I’m actually bored watching this team. 
    Robinson worse than Fraeye or Slade? Or this?
  • Pitch is abysmal, and the decision to continue to play beat balls along the floor is just as bad! 

Tinker man has done it again , and taken us from consistent tactic and performances back to dross! 

Dull football, and a team only going one way! 
  • kafka said:
    Still ‘plenty of time” according to our commentary 
    Pompey fan?
  • edited February 2021
    CH4RLTON said:
    The Bowyer out brigade will be out in force tonight, rage quitting the Facebook group before it starts. 
    Is 4 in 17 acceptable? 

Bowyer needs to get things right Saturday or that's it for him IMO. 

The excuses are running out.
  • sam3110 said:
    How many games have we played since the start of January? All that time playing with a shortness of centre backs when we could have done something about it. I know, I know, Bowyer said we don't need another one, but I disagree, and I truly think getting one in as soon as we were able to would have made a huge difference. 
    Not with LB in charge.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    The Bowyer out brigade will be out in force tonight, rage quitting the Facebook group before it starts. 
    What about the Bowyer in brigade??
  • I cannot remember the last Charlton performance I really enjoyed. Even when we have won occasionally, there is always elements to taint it. So many errors and not enough creativity in the side. Lee has to reassess how he is setting us up and stick to a bloody formation. Portsmouth are not a bad side, we have made them look that much better...
  • edited February 2021
    What exactly is our game plan  ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Is 4 in 17 acceptable? 
    So we sack the Manager every 21-games if results arent good enough?

Even less if you go back to when the Bowyer out calls started 
  • Welcome to sunday league night at the valley!
  • Thanks for everything you’ve done for this club Bowyer mate but it’s time to go. 
  • So we let Williams go and bring in Smith! 
  • jakecafc said:
    4 wins in 17? wow that is terrible for us in this shit league.
    Jesus that’s abysmal.
    Sorry but any other manager would have been looked at by now. 

This isn't good enough. There was really no fight from this team. 

Shocking.
  • edited February 2021
    We have played better but obviously Pompey have a 2 goal cushion, I would honestly start Purrington over Maatsen for more protection at the back, next game have a 442 and we just have to play Pearce over Gunter, Pearce is not worse than Gunter at centre back, no chance, Gunter at right back and then Millar & DJ on the wings, Aneke and Stockley up top, JFC and Albie in the middle, keep it simple, it's league 1 ffs.

Terrible result tonight 
  • Smith looks a decent player so that means he definitely ain’t starting on Saturday 
    1. 90'+1'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 90'+1'

Post update

Foul by Ellis Harrison (Portsmouth).

• Matthews long to Aneke who can't quite control the ball
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!