Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Odds on Pratley gets sent off 
    Of course if he stays on after HT it has to be very good odds.
  • Think some personnel changes are required and maybe go 3 at the back to stop them walking through us
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

Yeah he mis-controlled on a bobbly pitch with back to goal, but HE NEEDS SERVICE
    Said this when we signed him

People would write him off because he's a player who isnt going to create his own chances

The slip @ Bristol Rovers, the miss control in the box are the only bits you can blame him for

Its not like his team mates are even close to getting an assist for him
    How often do strikers get a ball on the plate for them? He can't just be static and hope that the ball is going to come to him so he can shoot. It's not kids football.

The worst thing for me is not that he has not been involved with a chance going forwards, it's that off the ball he is nowhere. I thought he was 'meant to work hard' but so far he has been literally no where near the play - you just see him standing in space looking like he is on his toes but not doing anything. 

If Bogle put in a half like that he would be getting abused now. 
    Doesnt help when Schwartz has no pace... 
    What does he have then? So far it seems like a good shot - which is pointless when you need it served up on a plate for you to be able to do it.

I'm still hoping it's match sharpness. But I am starting to believe the game at league one is to quick and to physical for him.

• That was rubbish.

Anyone who thinks we are anything other than plain ordinary has not been watching. Mind you, once again Bowyer's selections and tactics aren't helping.

I hope all those who praised Pratley to high Heaven last week are watching tonight. He should have been sent off and will never last 90 minutes without getting sent off. 

Is Schwartz playing?

I said before the game I don't understand why Millar isn't playing if he is fit. Get him on now, not with just a few minutes to go.
  • Terrible.  We are so slow and ponderous.  Morgan and Maatsen just give the ball away all the time.  Schwartz not impressing yet again . 
  • You look forward all week and some and we do this!

Something is still not right but buggered if I can work it out.... Confidence? LB...both or we are just crap!

I sense another season in this delightful league... Sigh! 
  • Hopefully Miller on for Albie. Try Smith on for Pratley. Move JFC to the base and get moving forward 
  • se9addick said:
    cazo said:
    Lose this tonight season over in this shit league we are bad
    I wouldn’t say it’s over, but time is running out.
    It's been running out all season...
    True - but now it’s really running out! 
  • edited February 2021
    Schwartz & Morgan the new scapegoats! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Schwartz the new scapegoat! 
    let's hope not
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

Yeah he mis-controlled on a bobbly pitch with back to goal, but HE NEEDS SERVICE
    Said this when we signed him

People would write him off because he's a player who isnt going to create his own chances

The slip @ Bristol Rovers, the miss control in the box are the only bits you can blame him for

Its not like his team mates are even close to getting an assist for him
    How often do strikers get a ball on the plate for them? He can't just be static and hope that the ball is going to come to him so he can shoot. It's not kids football.

The worst thing for me is not that he has not been involved with a chance going forwards, it's that off the ball he is nowhere. I thought he was 'meant to work hard' but so far he has been literally no where near the play - you just see him standing in space looking like he is on his toes but not doing anything. 

If Bogle put in a half like that he would be getting abused now. 
    Doesnt help when Schwartz has no pace... 
    What does he have then? So far it seems like a good shot - which is pointless when you need it served up on a plate for you to be able to do it.

I'm still hoping it's match sharpness. But I am starting to believe the game at league one is to quick and to physical for him.
    I dont know as havent scouted him nor do I see him in training

Like you say, hopefully its just match sharpness, but we'll have to continue to write off everyone wont we after a few games
  • Afraid Schwartz has pulled the wool over our eyes. Don’t see a player in there
  • Leuth said:
    Maatsen is super frustrating. Like he’s got all the pieces of a jigsaw but not the first clue how to put them together 
    Having Millar in front of him will help ffs
    Spot on. The two looked to be developing a good partnership. 
  • Here come the Addicks for the second half, with Ben Watson and Liam Millar set to come on... #cafc 0 #pompey 1
  • Bowyer now has a full set of cards to play with yet he thinks his best hand is a pair of jokers
  • Dazzler21 said:
    40% Schwartz
    30% Maatsen
    30% someone else
  • edited February 2021
    What the hell happened on the anti homophobia thing? 
  • I'm blaming Matt Smith heard he's already been on the dating apps sleeping with everyone's daughters. 
    Likes a Dominoes at 1am too
  • Morgan and Pratley off, Watson and Miller on.... Straight swaps I'm guessing no change in formation.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• We have some decent players to come on. 

We have to stop making mistakes at the back and in attack. We give balls away to attackers and also like to end our own attacks! 
  • se9addick said:
    What the hell happened on the anything homophobia thing? 
    I thought that too, haven’t seen anything about it.
  • Said it millions of times JFC is so slow and ponderous on the all 
  • Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    40% Schwartz
    30% Maatsen
    30% someone else
    Morgan.

Maatsen's passing is poor but he can tackle and sometimes blocks crosses, the main jobs of a full back for me.
  • Ben Watson and Liam Millar replace Darren Pratley and Albie Morgan ahead of the second half. #cafc 0 #pompey 1
  • Think Im resigning myself to a mid-table finish. 
  • I feel you waste a season when you wait for your two good CB’s to get fit, knowing they’ll have setback after setback without looking for any kind of replacement for them....
  • Morgan and Pratley off, Miller and Watson on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!