Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Frustrating we're going in behind again. They've got in behind us a few times. Unlucky with Morgan shot hitting the bar 
  • So did we all forget that our problems were in defense and we've done nothing to sort it out? 

Selling maddison didnt fix anything  
  • Poor final ball every time 
    lack of covering space at the back 
    And the odd individual error as per usual 
    bowyer needs to shake it up 
  • Millar for Pratley (move Shinnie to the middle) and Aneke for Schwartz would be my changes
  • That left peg of Albie's can't be trusted lol.
  • Accrington now winning 3-1. Above us on GD with FOUR games in hand.

• Poor half from Bogle, WIlliams, Maddison 
  • Simple fact is we could have been 5 down if they had taken their chances. Marquis missed four...

We aren't all bad though, and some players are playing OK (Stockley, Morgan, Matthews, Amos).  JFC needs to buck up or ship out, and Shinnies needs to keep making runs.  Maattsen is hopeless and gives the ball away time after time. Pratters has to be subbed or he will see red (Watson the ready made replacement). We have nothing down the left.

So lets see Millar at h/t, Chucks for Ronnie after an hour, and play with some purpose.
  • what a load of shit the Dane Gunter Caskey morgen crap we just can’t pass a ducking football 
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    Schwartz must be wondering what he’s done, our pattern of play just doesn’t allow him into the game, we don’t get the ball into the area!!
    I'm glad that somebody else has a brain
  • Smith Millar and Aneke on.  Attack attack attack.
  • Got to be MIllar, Smith and Chuks at the break, for Shinnie, Pratley and Schwartz,
    Maatson looks totally lost and seems to miss Millar down the left.
    Anyway, all will come good second half, we are attacking the famous Covered End.
  • Pratley showing all what is good about him last week, and all that's bad about him this week. 
  • No width. No pace. 
    This. 

Shinnie, JFC and Morgan are all comfortable on the ball but the diamond worked best with the likes of Taylor, Grant and Leko up front and drifting wide. That 11 aren’t suited to it, we have a target man and poacher up front and Morgan is our quickest in the midfield and attack.

Could have looked very different had we scored first.
  • No width
    Schwartz a donkey
    Pass from oppo CB splitting us again 
    Maatsen nowhere in defence 

The shit pitch is actually helping us as it's slowing down their breaks. It could be 3/4 if they were more clinical. Only positive is Stockley.
  • Sloppy passing. Needless fails. Poor links of play.
    Yes the pitch is shit but it's the same for both teams.
    Bowyer picks the wrong formation and personell yet again.
  • Really don't like Shinnie on the left - looks excellent when he's in the middle. 
  • Schwartz just doesn’t do enough, like playing with 10 men. However, you can’t blame him for our defence
    Was thinking during the game that maybe Schwartz isn't really suited to a league one team. One that doesn't create enough chances for a box player anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Did any Charlton player except Maatsen ever run with the ball ?

Tip tapping about like geriatrics.  

Long ball to Stockleigh

Repeat for 90 mins. 
    Morgan
    Shinnie
    Pratley
  • Valley11 said:
    Definitely Morgan off. Not his day.
    Chuck Smith on and Millar on. 

F that Shinnie has been anonymous, Morgan has been attacking and defending. If Bowyer wants work rate the only one not doing enough that half in midfield was Shinnie for me.

JFC and Albie both Trying to be positive. Pratley having a Bambi game too.
  • You lot think it's a frustrating match!

Bleeding paid me tenner and only seen half an hour tops as I keep loosing the picture. No idea what happened for the goal apart from what's on here. 

Best stop wasting me money til my broadband is sorted. 
  • Big 45 mins coming up. If we don't win then you can all kiss your top 6 hopes goodbye.
    What are you actually talking about? Do you proof read first?
  • Don’t think Pratley played as bad as everyone is making out by a long shot. Schwartz and Shinnie been Anon, JFC off pace and Morgan trying almost too hard but making too many errors. 
  • edited February 2021
    Big 45 mins coming up. If we don't win then you can all kiss your top 6 hopes goodbye.
    What are you actually talking about? Do you proof read first?
    Made sense to me.  Have a look at the table.
  • Albie is frustrating. He is reading the game brilliantly but his execution is just off every time. Shinnie and JFC having their first bad games for a while. Pratters need hooking before he’s sent off. Schwartz doing an ajose invisibility impersonation. Maatsen couldn’t pass water in a toilet. Gunter suspect. No pace. No Millar. Apart from that we’re mediocre. . 
  • Accrington now winning 3-1. Above us on GD with FOUR games in hand.
    So what? We need to focus on us, once you start worrying about everyone else you just create another problem to worry about.

I'm more concerned we look like strangers tonight.
  • edited February 2021
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!