Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Odds on Pratley gets sent off 
  • Our undefeated run at risk - seems we can't get past two games.

We really are very poor.
  • Might be time for some people to start thinking that maybe the problem is the manager.
  • My god, our centre back pairing is shocking. Positionally, they haven't got a clue and anyone that thinks that Deji is a good defender doesn't know much about defending.
    The only thing worse is the bloody commentary. Had to turn the sound off, as I couldn't put up with that useless woman any more. I hope that it's a one off. 
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

Yeah he mis-controlled on a bobbly pitch with back to goal, but HE NEEDS SERVICE
    Said this when we signed him

People would write him off because he's a player who isnt going to create his own chances

The slip @ Bristol Rovers, the miss control in the box are the only bits you can blame him for

Its not like his team mates are even close to getting an assist for him
    I’m convinced some people just like having a striker they can write off instantly and spend the rest of the season moaning about
  • Don’t think Pratley played as bad as everyone is making out by a long shot. Schwartz and Shinnie been Anon, JFC off pace and Morgan trying almost too hard but making too many errors. 
    I thought he was doing pretty well until he picked up that booking
  • Apart from Morgan has anybody else has a shot? Service is non existent for the forwards. Stockley doing an incredible job with the aimless punts forward, but the midfield just isn’t working. Pratley has to come off and Shinnie and Morgan need to sort themselves out. Forster-Caskey has been poor as well. 

No service for the forwards and especially Ronnie who needs service.
  • Albie’s speculative snapshot pinged off the crossbar. Portsmouth’s went in. That was the difference for me.
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

Yeah he mis-controlled on a bobbly pitch with back to goal, but HE NEEDS SERVICE

People would write him off because he's a player who isnt going to create his own chances

The slip @ Bristol Rovers, the miss control in the box are the only bits you can blame him for

And Curbs says exactly the same thing!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Schwartz needs service, in lieu of that he needs to make himself more available too. 

Pompey are giving us space hence Albie having so much space to pop off those shots. We need players to shoot on sight when they're facing goal in the 18. Unlike Stockley who turned his back on the ball in such a dangerous position.
  • Underhit passes, overhit passes, giving away soft free kicks, sloppy defending ( not Oshi ). Stockley the best player. Pratley needs to stop lunging in. 
  • Lose this tonight season over in this shit league we are bad
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

Are you Curbs?
  • Talal said:
    Schwartz just doesn’t do enough, like playing with 10 men. However, you can’t blame him for our defence
    Was thinking during the game that maybe Schwartz isn't really suited to a league one team. One that doesn't create enough chances for a box player anyway. 
    Perhaps he should be playing for the opposition. 12 shots to our 2. Shocking. Absolutely shocking. 
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

How often do strikers get a ball on the plate for them? He can't just be static and hope that the ball is going to come to him so he can shoot. It's not kids football.

The worst thing for me is not that he has not been involved with a chance going forwards, it's that off the ball he is nowhere. I thought he was 'meant to work hard' but so far he has been literally no where near the play - you just see him standing in space looking like he is on his toes but not doing anything. 

If Bogle put in a half like that he would be getting abused now. 
  • 4 centre mids bring for a very rigid diamond formation.
  • Maatsen is super frustrating. Like he’s got all the pieces of a jigsaw but not the first clue how to put them together 
  • Sponsored links:

• cazo said:
    Lose this tonight season over in this shit league we are bad
    I wouldn’t say it’s over, but time is running out.
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

How often do strikers get a ball on the plate for them? He can't just be static and hope that the ball is going to come to him so he can shoot. It's not kids football.

The worst thing for me is not that he has not been involved with a chance going forwards, it's that off the ball he is nowhere. I thought he was 'meant to work hard' but so far he has been literally no where near the play - you just see him standing in space looking like he is on his toes but not doing anything. 

Doesnt help when Schwartz has no pace... 
  • Thomas must be thinking Wtf 
  • Maatsen is super frustrating. Like he’s got all the pieces of a jigsaw but not the first clue how to put them together 
    Having Millar in front of him will help ffs
  • Pedro45 said:
    Simple fact is we could have been 5 down if they had taken their chances. Marquis missed four...

We aren't all bad though, and some players are playing OK (Stockley, Morgan, Matthews, Amos).  JFC needs to buck up or ship out, and Shinnies needs to keep making runs.  Maattsen is hopeless and gives the ball away time after time. Pratters has to be subbed or he will see red (Watson the ready made replacement). We have nothing down the left.

So lets see Millar at h/t, Chucks for Ronnie after an hour, and play with some purpose.
    But that's football if everyone took their chances scorelines would be 21 - 13 every week!
  • I sound like a stuck record (vinyl that is) .. we, i.e. the powers in charge should have signed a competent central defender in the window .. they had a month to find someone .. no good with flash attackers if the defence is shite 
  • Talal said:
    Schwartz just doesn’t do enough, like playing with 10 men. However, you can’t blame him for our defence
    Was thinking during the game that maybe Schwartz isn't really suited to a league one team. One that doesn't create enough chances for a box player anyway. 
    Perhaps he should be playing for the opposition. 12 shots to our 2. Shocking. Absolutely shocking. 
    Yeah how wasteful are Portsmouth...

We'd be screaming on here just as badly if we'd only scored once after so many efforts
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz. 

Needs.

Service.

There have been 3 or 4 nice bits of control and sharp layoffs from. 
  • se9addick said:
    cazo said:
    Lose this tonight season over in this shit league we are bad
    I wouldn’t say it’s over, but time is running out.
    It's been running out all season...
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Albie’s speculative snapshot pinged off the crossbar. Portsmouth’s went in. That was the difference for me.
    Yes, of course it is. Nothing to do with the fact they've had 12 shots to our 2. The more you shoot the more likely you are to score. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!