Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:
    thecat said:
    Had my first AZ jab down here in Christchurch. Very efficient operation.
    Got a lot of admiration for the New Zealanders and how they’ve handled this pandemic. But I think having to undergo surgery to have the vaccine instilled is a step too far.
    I hear Microsoft have to install servers in every 100,000 or so people receiving the jab - hence the occasional invasive surgery rather than a chip implant.
  • Options
    @smiffyboy I've edited the image to remove the link for amending your booking. I doubt anyone here would actually be enough of a dickhead to cancel it, but this isn't in Members Only so it's possibly leaving your personal medical info open to the world in general if we leave it up unamended.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @smiffyboy I've edited the image to remove the link for amending your booking. I doubt anyone here would actually be enough of a dickhead to cancel it, but this isn't in Members Only so it's possibly leaving your personal medical info open to the world in general if we leave it up unamended.
    Very smart 👍👏👏👏
  • Options
    Is Bexley banging out the vaccine a lot quicker than Greenwich?  Quite a few of my mates texting/announcing to say they're booked in/been done.  

I dont know the respective Borough sizes. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Curb_It said:
    Is Bexley banging out the vaccine a lot quicker than Greenwich?  Quite a few of my mates texting/announcing to say they're booked in/been done.  

Some information on how London boroughs are fairing can be found here.
     https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/coronavirus--covid-19--cases

Also if you over 55 you can try to book a vaccine here
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

• Options
    Thanks Clive, will take a look.

I'm a few years shy don't you know young Clive... but I do keep checking the years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know, and you’re years younger than my pristine 47 years served  @Curb_It and I’m a week post first jab in Greenwich.

I think it has to do with your surgery, what they get allocated and how quickly they can fill those slots as much as which borough you are.
  • Options
    The outer London boroughs (in general) do seem to have done more than the inner London ones. 

• Options
    I know, and you’re years younger than my pristine 47 years served  @Curb_It and I’m a week post first jab in Greenwich.

I think it has to do with your surgery, what they get allocated and how quickly they can fill those slots as much as which borough you are.
    That's getting a bit personal don't you think?

• Options

I know you’re joking but I’m 52! Where’s my bloody invite... just moaning for a laugh as I don’t mind waiting my turn. 

We did buzz on our docs surgery on a small walk earlier to get Ian’s NHS number. We waited about 15 mins as she tried to find it... so not expecting his call soon either. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I don’t think so I live in Bexleyheath but my GP is in Greenwich since I grew up there I’ve never changed it, I’m 41 with no problems and got a text Monday requesting me to book my vaccine, I have friends in there early 50’s in Bexleyheath who haven’t been offered it, so I would say it’s the other way round.

It was all very smooth walked in the North stand function room answered about 8 questions, had my jab n walked out again, 5 minutes later, as I wasn’t driving I could pass on the hanging around for 15 minutes after.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I’m with that mindset too...I got my invite today for next Thursday at my own surgery & I’ve only just turned to the big 50...but I do have high blood pressure which I’m on medication for,so I am wondering if it was that rather than just sort of lucky with the age...🤔
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    Curb_It said:

I don’t think so I live in Bexleyheath but my GP is in Greenwich since I grew up there I’ve never changed it, I’m 41 with no problems and got a text Monday requesting me to book my vaccine, I have friends in there early 50’s in Bexleyheath who haven’t been offered it, so I would say it’s the other way round.

It was all very smooth walked in the North stand function room answered about 8 questions, had my jab n walked out again, 5 minutes later, as I wasn’t driving I could pass on the hanging around for 15 minutes after.
    Some details about vaccination take up in Greenwich.

https://853.london/2021/03/11/greenwichs-vaccination-total-tops-72000-but-fewer-people-getting-jabs-in-woolwich/
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    smiffyboy said:
    Curb_It said:

Some details about vaccination take up in Greenwich.

https://853.london/2021/03/11/greenwichs-vaccination-total-tops-72000-but-fewer-people-getting-jabs-in-woolwich/
    That would make sense as to why I’ve been offered mine.
  • Options

Make sure you get your sticker for being brave !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm registered online with Patient Access (there is an App as well) and the vaccine appears in my Medical record under "medications". 

• Options
    I just wanted to thank all the posters who have described their experiences with the various vaccines. Austria is a long way behind the UK in vaccinating, but a couple of weeks ago, because I have a few health issues, I got an appointment for today. I expected to get the AstraZeneca jab which has had a really bad press out here but had just been approved for over 65's, so it was a relief to read so many stories on here of the lack of side effects etc.. As it turned out, I got Moderna and everything seems fine. I'm particularly grateful for the tip to take the wife along and try to get her added to the list. I didn't think it would would work here, as the Austrians aren't renowned for their flexibility with things like this. Today, however, I found a lot of helpful people, and my wife got vaccinated as well.

We got home in time for the kick off. What followed wasn't such a great experience unfortunately!

That’s good news, this thread really is a tonic to read each day.

Interesting that Moderna has now arrived in Europe, wonder when we will see it in the uk.
  • Options
    Had it today in Madrid, no side effects so far.
  • Options
    I just wanted to thank all the posters who have described their experiences with the various vaccines. Austria is a long way behind the UK in vaccinating, but a couple of weeks ago, because I have a few health issues, I got an appointment for today. I expected to get the AstraZeneca jab which has had a really bad press out here but had just been approved for over 65's, so it was a relief to read so many stories on here of the lack of side effects etc.. As it turned out, I got Moderna and everything seems fine. I'm particularly grateful for the tip to take the wife along and try to get her added to the list. I didn't think it would would work here, as the Austrians aren't renowned for their flexibility with things like this. Today, however, I found a lot of helpful people, and my wife got vaccinated as well.

We got home in time for the kick off. What followed wasn't such a great experience unfortunately!

That’s good news, this thread really is a tonic to read each day.

Interesting that Moderna has now arrived in Europe, wonder when we will see it in the uk.
    Moderna is expected to be available for use in the UK later this month.