Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Age 54, got my first Pfizer last week. Other than a slightly sore are for a few hours, no issue.

Get your are treated in the locker room and continue to enjoy your soccer 
  • Having had my vaccination on Saturday afternoon (thereby having 1 more shot than Charlton that day) I developed painful joints that night. Normally, that would be ok but I’m 3 weeks post op for the new hip. I took a codeine and slept ok. I put it down to maybe overdoing the walking even though I know I haven’t been.
    Last night, the pain levels increased so much, codeine didn’t touch it and my leg on the operated side was covered in a rash of purple spots. An ambulance was called, the crew gave me morphine and off to A&E I went. 
    Bottom line is, the hip is intact and no blood clots or DVT but the pain is still in my groin, knee, back and hip. I’m now home and started to shiver a bit this morning.
    Whilst the docs were mystified as to the cause, they did suggest it could be side effects of the jab but can’t understand why the spots (broken blood vessels) are only on one leg. 
    I really hope it’s a temporary issue caused by the vaccine side effects and I don’t struggle again today.
    I hope you are feeling better today.
  • Having had my vaccination on Saturday afternoon (thereby having 1 more shot than Charlton that day) I developed painful joints that night. Normally, that would be ok but I’m 3 weeks post op for the new hip. I took a codeine and slept ok. I put it down to maybe overdoing the walking even though I know I haven’t been.
    Last night, the pain levels increased so much, codeine didn’t touch it and my leg on the operated side was covered in a rash of purple spots. An ambulance was called, the crew gave me morphine and off to A&E I went. 
    Bottom line is, the hip is intact and no blood clots or DVT but the pain is still in my groin, knee, back and hip. I’m now home and started to shiver a bit this morning.
    Whilst the docs were mystified as to the cause, they did suggest it could be side effects of the jab but can’t understand why the spots (broken blood vessels) are only on one leg. 
    I really hope it’s a temporary issue caused by the vaccine side effects and I don’t struggle again today.
    Cheers mate. Still have sore groin and knee plus the purple spots down my leg but I think the painkillers helped me have a better night.
    I now have a skin infection on a gonad so on antibiotics !! 
    God knows if it’s vaccine related, probably not but you never know I suppose !
  • Age 54, got my first Pfizer last week. Other than a slightly sore are for a few hours, no issue.
    arm or arse  :D
    Unless they provide a bit of anal as part of the aftercare, I'd guess at 'arm'.
    Either way, fortunately it's just a little prick.
  • Jints said:
    Age 54, got my first Pfizer last week. Other than a slightly sore are for a few hours, no issue.
    arm or arse  :D
    Unless they provide a bit of anal as part of the aftercare, I'd guess at 'arm'.
    Either way, fortunately it's just a little prick.
    Oh you know Rodney
  • Redrobo said:g
    I note that over 60’s can now book an appointment on the NHS system.
    Yes this kicked in today and as if by magic letters for Mrs ESM and myself came through the letterbox. I logged on and we are booked for our 1st jab this Sunday followed by the 2nd jab on the 23rd May.
    It actually kicked in over a week ago, they just didn't tell anyone.  We only found out because a friend of 62 tried and got in so we (62, 61) did, too, and got our jabs on Saturday.
  • Information for over sixties, you do not have to wait for invitation letter to book your appointment, just use this link 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • Sponsored links:

Cheers mate. Still have sore groin and knee plus the purple spots down my leg but I think the painkillers helped me have a better night.
    A post that you wish to acknowledge but don't feel you should like or LOL.
  • I had mine done in Bromley on Saturday, and it wasn't in the Glades.
  • edited March 2021
    They are doing them in the Civic Centre now (as well), so I'm hoping to be able to stick my arm over the back garden fence.

(Assuming you Bexley boys leave some vaccine for us ever so 'umble Bromley boys).
  • Community House, opposite the fire station?
  • Community House, opposite the fire station?
    The 'new' Makros
  • edited March 2021
    Community House, opposite the fire station?
    That’s the one, mate. South Street.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was told they’re finishing in Community House this Sunday so the second jab will be either at your GPs - or Mottingham!
  • I haven't left the house since before Christmas. I have received my vaccine letter today, tried to book it online and the nearest showing is The Glades shopping centre 5 miles away. But I have a pharmacy  (Aspire) 100 yards from me that is doing it and Queen Mary's Hospital 800 yards away where my wife was vaccinated the week before last.

Rang Aspire and all booked in for Saturday. So, for anyone else in Sidcup who gets a text message or letter telling them to book online I would recommend giving them a call if you want it done locally - 020 8300 2008

So glad I did that. You never know what you might catch from the citizens of Bromley!
    Palaceitis for a start.
    Sadly.
    Sorry, is the this really a dig or a jest ?
     I’m a bit spaced out on painkillers so if I didn’t press a button, I sincerely apologise. Not top of my list of concerns though tbh
    Sorry, is the this really a dig or a jest ?
     I’m a bit spaced out on painkillers so if I didn’t press a button, I sincerely apologise. Not top of my list of concerns though tbh
    No sorry I'm sympathising with you.
    As I said it didn't seem "right" to like a post when someone isn't well.
    It certainly isn't right to LOL your predicament, so there wasn't an appropriate response without typing a physical comment.
    I hope you're feeling a bit better and sorry I wasn't clear in my good intentions.
    I see ! It’s me being out of it more than anything so I apologise ! I should have realised. 

As regards the vaccine, the hospital think there’s a possibility that my jab has reacted with the aspirin I’m taking to thin the blood.

I wonder, does anyone on here who has had their jab, take aspirin daily ?
  • edited March 2021
    I was asked if I took any blood-thinning medication before my vaccine, and my wife was too. They mentioned specifically Warfarin and aspirin. I don't know if that helps.
  • My parents are on aspirin and neither had problems after the Pfizer jab