Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Think we’ve been poor overall.

Positive is the players I expect to start have looked good.

If we have to play Mings at any point I’m getting a bible out.
    during the Solly testimonial i was watching Mings up against Taylor. Taylor bullied him, even Bonne did alright against him. 

Mings can be ok but any decent forward should get the better of him. which makes him no where near international level. Even Villa fans think Konsa should of been in the England side ahead of him. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Obviously it’s great that players of ‘smaller’ clubs now get a chance to play for England and they don’t get ignored in the way they once did, but I can’t help but feel Southgate takes it too far in some cases.
    Eh? He's picked the best players available, it's not up to him which clubs they play for.
  • Options
    106 days since Henderson has last played. Got 45 minutes to quickly get match fit. 
  • Options
    Mings is okay with the ball at his feet and I think that's the main reason he's been chosen. 
  • Options
    Mings is okay with the ball at his feet and I think that's the main reason he's been chosen. 
    Really not a fan of Mings - doesn't fill me with confidence.
  • Options
    Southgate dressed like he's jetting off to do a significant coke deal in 1970s Miami after full time.
  • Options
    If Rashford and Sterling start the first game Southgate needs sacking an hour before the game starts when it's announced. 
  • Options
    If Rashford and Sterling start the first game Southgate needs sacking an hour before the game starts when it's announced. 
    Dixon thinks he should start!!! Fucking mental what some people see. He’s been awful.
  • Options
    I don’t really see a system here. Hopefully it’s just because it’s our B team but it just looks like 11 decent footballers thrown together this morning.
  • Options
    this is crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dixon thinks he should start!!! Fucking mental what some people see. He’s been awful.
    I’d love to ask him “instead of who” then when he says Foden just laugh in his face and walk away. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I don’t really see a system here. Hopefully it’s just because it’s our B team but it just looks like 11 decent footballers thrown together this morning.
    Never seen an England game before? 

This is the system. 11 players told to make something happen and usually scoring one by a set-piece or penalty. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Never seen an England game before? 

This is the system. 11 players told to make something happen and usually scoring one by a set-piece or penalty. 
    Like clockwork
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    This is very much starting to feel like a boxticking exercise with us more worried about getting out of this with no injuries. 

If the starting front 3 against Croatia isn't Foden/Kane/Grealish then I need whatever Southgate is smoking. But, I do think Rashford is the classic "confidence" player, if he gets a goal early in the tournament he could go on a run, do we take that risk though.

Edit - 1-0 England (Rashford).... Well then....
  • Options
    I just want a Grealish Mount Foden interchangeable front 3 

That would be filthy.
  • Options
    If Grealish don’t start then we may as well not bother 
    I’m convinced he won’t start him
  • Options
    Rashford is bang average although I was told differently by people on here last week.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    If it’s going to pens sub Henderson off in the 119th please Southgate.
    Didnt look overly different to the pen he missed against Colombia
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a joke.

Why let Henderson take it?
    How about letting your centre forward who's short on goal confidence taking it?
  • Options
    I don't think he'll start him.

Foden, Kane and Sterling or Sancho.
  • Options
    What a joke.

He's been bloody unlucky today... Deserves a goal
  • Options
    That bald Romanian is a mad man.
  • Options
    Why does Sancho always look bang average for England!?

Henderson clearly isn’t fit, JWP should go in his place
  • Options
    What a joke.

Didn't Henderson go and snatch it off him in the lead up to the pen? 
  • Options
    I mean we've been lacklustre as f**k really over these 2 warm up games. I know the teams we've put out aren't the starting XI all together, but I fail to see why people are yet again hyping us up for this tournament
  • Options
    I’m convinced he won’t start him
    Madness, he’s our best player apart from Kane and Foden!

Another MotM performance, think that’s 3 in his last 4 England game.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Another seven results like that will do for me.

Could well be ruthless on the counter attack with some of the players we've not seen these last two games.

Just need to be more ruthless in front of goal itself.

Defence is still a concern at times - Hopefully we shouldnt rely on getting too many set pieces but when you've a couple of tricky players like Grealish on the pitch its going to be difficult for the opposition to not oblige.

Ward-Prowse would be my pick to replace Alexander-Arnold, my only question is the fact that the commentators would talk about his set pieces being so cruical but we would of course need more from him if we're not getting free-kicks etc.

Think we'll see a good few squad changes across the Group games rather a specific settled eleven.
  • Options
    Another question
    Why were so many of our team wearing bandages on their hands?

Was there a mass tear up in training or something?