Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Just said on the post match that I’m starting to think Bowyer was the right man at a bad time, but he isn’t the right man at this time. 
    I equally wonder at times whether we are the right club for some of our fans. I’m amazed how some just can’t deal with us ever losing games, only ever see ‘Dogshit’ and how they come to decide on a club like Charlton in the first place!

I think there’s been a catch 22 circle of too much chop / change, but equally individuals not performing when giving the opportunity, leading to more chop / change. There’s no real partnerships and combinations throughout the team formed that you can clearly see in a settled side like Accrington and MK Dons (who on paper are not better than us).

Injuries have been a massive factor, but also some of the signings are starting to look questionable. Bowyer has to decide on some combinations and hang his hat on them for the next few games. If it turns out not good enough  then his position starts to increasingly look untenable imo. 
    Oh there’s lots of knee jerk nonsense if we don’t hammer everyone 5-0, but there are also moments where you can see a negative pattern developing and the manager lacking the tactical nous to get us out of it. Even worse tonight was the attitude of the players, that will take a lot to turn round. I fear that we may be reaching the moment where Bowyer can’t take us any further, I don’t want him sacked tomorrow but I’m starting to think it might be necessary to push us forwards.
  • Options
    We can do better than Bowyer. Look at our squad, its excellent for league 1 and he still doesn’t know our best team/hasn’t for a long time.
    Paul Cook anyone?
  • Options
    Great Expectations. This is the first time Lee has had any pressure of expectation. How he performed under the last owner was astonishing. Now we expect to be going up. It’s never that easy at the best of times and I think LB is letting the pressure get to him. Hopefully he’ll come through it. 
  • Options
    He’s just blamed Williams once again. As soon as the second goal happened I just knew he’d blame Williams.

Forster- Caskey gave the ball away, Deji misplaced the clearance, Maatsen gave the ball away cheaply but no, he blames the guy who jumped out of a challenge (like many others did tonight) 45 seconds before the ball hit the net.

If I was Williams I’d give up.
  • Options
    I am afraid it is now the saddest of sad situations.
    Bowyer isn't essentially 'bad' as in a Pardew way, or even a Fraeye way.
    But I can't see how he is going to be able to climb back.
    The magical reappearance of Famewo or Innes would do it, but looking at the actual players today I don't see a leader, a talisman or any spirit.
    We have punted on a lot of players this season, most especially Gilbey and Maddison, and also Watson, Gunter, and Bogle and dare I say it I would personally play Lapslie ahead of any of them, because he can't make us much worse, and if we are going to struggle anyway, have Lapslie who at least looks like he cares.
    As for Gunter ahead of Matthews...really? Williams is also no more than a luxury substitution when you're 2-0 up.
    Bowyer is a victim of the player assemblage situation, but he has to carry a lot of responsibility for that.
    The club mojo is well and truly missing at the moment, and the constraints point to a change of leadership if things are to turn around.
    The saddest of the sad.
  • Options
    Powelly on Sky talking well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maddison only played about 25 minutes or so!
  • Options
    That is a poor interview. Not sure Bowyer can be defended there.
  • Options
    Thomas is quiet tonight.
  • Options
    “I don’t care”. He can’t be saying that about one of his players ffs 
    There looks clearly an issue there and imo explains why he’s not been playing when fans have been screaming for it.

None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I question whether Maddison was ever a Bowyer signing in the first place. If it was, it was a poor one as there is clearly not the right manager / player fit there 
    I think it was a case of picking the best out of a bad bunch who were left without a contract. Bowyer went for experience players which was probably a mistake. Need pace and aggression at this level. What we are badly missing 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    He can’t be acting like this in public. Some will say refreshing, I say unprofessional.
    He's talking more s*** than Pardew and Karl Robinson recently.
  • Options
    “I don’t care”. He can’t be saying that about one of his players ffs 
    There looks clearly an issue there and imo explains why he’s not been playing when fans have been screaming for it.

None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I question whether Maddison was ever a Bowyer signing in the first place. If it was, it was a poor one as there is clearly not the right manager / player fit there 
    I agree, it’s not been right from the start. Bows can only handle players that give 110% and he’s said as much tonight. But then only a handful apparently gave him that, that’s huge concern. 

What Maddison did tonight was poor but didn’t deserve that reaction from Bowyer. Just like Williams at Shrewsbury it didn’t affect the tactics, performance or result. 
  • Options
    He's lost it. Sack him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost the plot I’m afraid. Time for a change. 
  • Options
    Pains me to say it but it’s time for a change.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the bloke isn't very bright and once his 'get up and at 'em' approach doesn't work he hasn't got much else
  • Options
    This doesn't sound like the Lee bowyer we all know.

I think something's happened.

I think he might be in a bad way on a personal level.

Maybe Jackson should hold the line for a while.

• Options
    Needs to go by this point. Can't see him turning it around with this squad. 

Seems like he's fallen out with most of our best players. 
  • Options
    It's become a deeply abusive relationship. Everyone needs out 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    He can’t be acting like this in public. Some will say refreshing, I say unprofessional.
    On this evidence, can we say he’s going to turn this round.  I don’t think so.  Too many outbursts over the last few weeks and it seems to be the norm.  

Like I said on the post match views, I say with a heavy heart that I think it’s gone as far as it’s gonna go with Bowyer.  

I can just see continued unrest and dour performances if he stays 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!