Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liam Millar to join on loan from Liverpool (ed. Gone to Basel p10)

Comments

• SamE7 said:
    Is anyone else getting really bored of the tiresome jokes about Bowyer playing people out of position? I know I am
    I'm getting really bored of Bowyer actually doing it, hopefully with a few decent signings (SG said 4) things will change.
  • edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    SamE7 said:
    Is anyone else getting really bored of the tiresome jokes about Bowyer playing people out of position? I know I am
    I'll stop doing it when he does.
     forgive me if I give his opinion a little extra weight.
    That hurts.
  • So will this lad be a direct replacement for Alfie?

And also who do people compare him to against players we’ve had in the past, Fosu / Ricky Holmes?
  • So will this lad be a direct replacement for Alfie?

And also who do people compare him to against players we’ve had in the past, Fosu / Ricky Holmes?

Based on the video above there is an obvious comparison there, although it's one clip from youth football so not the most reliable indicator of his abilities.
  • Redrobo said:
    SamE7 said:
    I'll stop doing it when he does.
    No one moaned when he moved Doughty up field, or Bielik into midfield. He knows more about football than you or I ever will so forgive me if I give his opinion a little extra weight.
    Have no problem him doing it, if it works. But, recent results are not exactly showing it works. In fact it’s the opposite. However, let’s look forward rather than back. I hope we can all positive going forward..... 

I share that hope. We are stronger together.
  • ct_addick said:
    Trying to figure out the accent....some Canadian but hear Northern Irish?
    Yes, that accent wasn't what I was expecting!

Perhaps it's Paul Smyth in a mask  :D
  • I think he looks decent. He's also stockier than I expected, which has to be a good thing at this level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    I think he looks decent. He's also stockier than I expected, which has to be a good thing at this level. 
    I heard we are interested in bringing Neil Ruddock out of retirement.
  • Any injection of pace and ability to take people on is very welcome, hope the lad does well
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I think he looks decent. He's also stockier than I expected, which has to be a good thing at this level. 
    I heard we are interested in bringing Neil Ruddock out of retirement.
    I'd rather you took the field mate (on Blackpool 72's shoulders)  ;)
  • Liam has a skillset (pace and trickery allegedly) that we don't have.  And Ronnie can't be worse than Bogle so what's not to like so far?
    As likely Doughty not coming back as was before or worse still sold, then going to need a speedy young option as LB says.
  • Maybe I missed it, but haven’t seen anyone mention the dive on Friday night. Embarrassing. Somebody needs to have a word with him.
  • Did brilliantly on Friday. One of the few positives from that shit show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cloudworm said:
    Maybe I missed it, but haven’t seen anyone mention the dive on Friday night. Embarrassing. Somebody needs to have a word with him.
    Yeh maybe Lee could issue a press release slagging him off. Soon get him playing the Bowyer way.
  • Cloudworm said:
    Maybe I missed it, but haven’t seen anyone mention the dive on Friday night. Embarrassing. Somebody needs to have a word with him.
    Yeh maybe Lee could issue a press release slagging him off. Soon get him playing the Bowyer way.
    Press release would be a bit much, but yes, he could definitely do with playing the Bowyer way - honestly.
  • Cloudworm said:
    Indeed, we don't want any of that Zahaesque nonsense. 
  • Was quality on Friday, dangerous, wanted the ball, him and Maatsen connected quite well and meant we had terrific pace down our left side. Hope to see more of him. 
  • edited January 2021
    Looked very confident. Always looking to take his man on. Grabbed us by the scruff of the neck and dragged us up the pitch. 
  • Then he gets subbed.
  • They'd also doubled up on him and it was time to try something different as they'd figured him out. It's a tactical tweak that makes sense
  • yeah thought he was the one bright spot Friday night, no problem with taking him off and replacing with Williams (who then proceeded to do nothing sadly!)