Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liam Millar to join on loan from Liverpool (ed. Gone to Basel p10)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    First things first: get rid of the goatee son 

I don't care if he has a goatee or a doggy or any other pet, as long as he is as fast as a cheetah and brave as a Lion, he will be a great signing.
    You still got your goatee Sam? 😉
  • Is he the first Canadian to play for us? - Apart from his Dad of course!!
    my extensive research reveals .. the famous Pat Harrington .. on our books, never made a 1st team appearance

Pat Harrington (soccer) - Wikipedia
  • RedChaser said:
    First things first: get rid of the goatee son 

I don't care if he has a goatee or a doggy or any other pet, as long as he is as fast as a cheetah and brave as a Lion, he will be a great signing.
    You still got your goatee Sam?

Shaved it off last week after 3 years !
    Spooky.

So hit and miss with young loanees from  top 6 clubs. Smith and Levitt didn't work yet we have had many successful loans including Gallagher and Bielik.

• Great signing. Young 'fit' and a right footed player that will play on the left if Bowyer asks him to. He's a shoe-in every week. 
    Welcome Liam.
  • Happy with this. Our 2 signings have been in the right positions. Just need to up our level now.
  • Unless there's a major clearout to make room under the cap - highly unlikely - any remaining signings have to be proven centre halves or we're destined for mid table misery.
    George Lapslie and Erhun Oztumer's moves won't make much room - Alfie's departure might raise a few quid for a transfer fee but his salary ain't under the cap so won't help with the immediate desperate shortage
  • edited January 2021
    is he outside the wage cap ?
    he was born in Sep '99
    I hate him already...
    Chin up AFKA, your still our number 1... :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that the real Scarfy or an imposter?

• Great signing. If Liverpool have just extended his contract, he must have something about him.
  • This looks a good signing. 
  • Swisdom said:

Whether he is what we are looking for remains to be seen but, as said previously, we all disregarded Conor Gallagher before seeing him play....

That’s a couple of times this has been raised and I can’t understand why. I’ve re-read the first three pages / 100 comments on Gallagher’s signing and I can’t see a single comment that disregarded the signing. Everyone was really encouraged. 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86360/conor-gallagher-tracking-progress-at-west-brom-p65/p1

I have done a bit of research through my U23 contacts (not really ITK), but I do have some positive comments from guys that have played with him, one describing him as "a proper player".
    Fingers crossed.
  • Signing Schwartz from a side in champions league this year, Miller from current premier league champions Liverpool looks like a decent bit of business. Let's get behind them "come on you reds"
  • SamE7 said:
    Is anyone else getting really bored of the tiresome jokes about Bowyer playing people out of position? I know I am
    I'm with you on that
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Extending his contract at Liverpool says a lot, so good signing
    Could be just to get a fee
  • edited January 2021
    ct_addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Extending his contract at Liverpool says a lot, so good signing
    Could be just to get a fee
    Could well be they’ve invested 4 1/2 years time and money in him.
  • OldRed51 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Is anyone else getting really bored of the tiresome jokes about Bowyer playing people out of position? I know I am
    I'm with you on that
    Couldn't agree more. There's a lot of negativity flowing around at the moment on fans forums. It's time now to see what Ronnie and Millar can do, and how they are managed/played. It's time to move on and see who else comes in and how well we do in the coming few weeks.
  • SamE7 said:

From one Sam to another.

Two things I'm getting tired of.

The 50 " jokes" about Bowyer playing players out of positions. 

And also Lee Bowyer playing players out of Positions.

If it works keep doing it. 
    If it doesn't stop.

• cafcfan said:
    Is that the real Scarfy or an imposter?

That’s him . See the little mole inside the ‘9’?
  • Liam has a skillset (pace and trickery allegedly) that we don't have.  And Ronnie can't be worse than Bogle so what's not to like so far?
    Perhaps he’s not a tricky player but what’s Smyth if he’s not a pacey winger/wide forward?
  • OldRed51 said:
    Signing Schwartz from a side in champions league this year, Miller from current premier league champions Liverpool looks like a decent bit of business. Let's get behind them "come on you reds"
    Probably the closest TS will get to the Champions League.