Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window Done Deals(Non Charlton Related)

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal take Mat Ryan on loan from Brighton
    Has he been dropped by Brighton recently? Always thought he was a good keeper. 
    Yes, lost his place, and indeed hasn't even been on the bench since he was dropped
  • Options
    Yes, lost his place, and indeed hasn't even been on the bench since he was dropped
    Bizarre. They do have 4 keepers but you would have said he was the best. Steele has played what 4 games for them in 2 years. Saved a couple of penalties against Newport and signed a new deal. Walton had a half decent season last year for Blackburn, don't know anything about this Sanchez. But on paper they've just got rid of the only one who should probably be a Premier League No1. 
  • Options
    Bizarre. They do have 4 keepers but you would have said he was the best. Steele has played what 4 games for them in 2 years. Saved a couple of penalties against Newport and signed a new deal. Walton had a half decent season last year for Blackburn, don't know anything about this Sanchez. But on paper they've just got rid of the only one who should probably be a Premier League No1. 
    But maybe they think letting him have a spell at Arsenal will freshen him up .... and he comes back to Brighton with a better mindset in the summer?

Or Brighton have signed a super-duper keeper on pre-contract.
    And Mat Ryan feels his time is up at Brighton?

Putting 2 + 2 together. And getting 5. :smile:

• Options
    The stats showed they were a worse team when he played apparently.  He cost them points.

Statistics are a good metric for analysing player performance but they are not the only thing that should be considered.
  • Options
    I would 100% agree Matt Ryan is the best keeper at Brighton, their backup Steele had a good game recently but something has clearly happened as he always came across as a reliable keeper who was decent. The new keeper does not look good to me really, nothing stand out. 
  • Options

They are just stats, fair enough but still from watching both players. Matt Ryan comes across like he is generally solid and Sanchez doesn't stand out to me. Just opinions no doubt, but i am suggesting there is something else not based on the stats although it could be only the Brighton coaches know. 
  • Options
    Very good GA.
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Robert Sanchez came over the England aged only 15 back in 2015, so has been over here a similar length of time as Maynard-Brewer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They are just stats, fair enough but still from watching both players. Matt Ryan comes across like he is generally solid and Sanchez doesn't stand out to me. Just opinions no doubt, but i am suggesting there is something else not based on the stats although it could be only the Brighton coaches know. 
    Agreed and that’s a handful of games. Ryan been a solid performer for the last few years. 
  • Options

Is that a stat version of top trumps?
  • Options
    George Dobson joins AFC Wombles on loan from Sunderland. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Palace have offered Benteks another year extension
    Mail are reporting today that Palace are happy to let him go. 
  • Options
    Seems a very quiet window so far. Premier League teams especially so. 
  • Options
    Seems a very quiet window so far. Premier League teams especially so. 
    Pretty inevitable when the clubs have collectively lost anywhere between 500m and 1bn since Covid struck.
  • Options
    Antony Evans has joined Crewe
  • Options

Is that a stat version of top trumps?
    If it is it’s rubbish. The stars tell you which one to pick 
  • Options
    John Bostock of past interest on a couple of occasions, including Toulouse pulling the plug in January 2020, signs for Doncaster on an 18 month deal.
  • Options
    John Bostock of past interest on a couple of occasions, including Toulouse pulling the plug in January 2020, signs for Doncaster on an 18 month deal.
    Good signing, would've liked him to sign for us.

Guess they needed someone after Whiteman left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The boy wonder of his day .. the bright hope for the Palace, chased (reportedly) by Barcelona .. another future world star who never quite made it .. he'll do a job at Donny
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Zach Clough has now joined Wigan from Forest, where he hadn't played for 2 years
  • Options
    Driesen a fan of Bostock

• Options
    Gillingham signing Robbie Cundy centre back on loan from Bristol C.

Wonder if their young CB is moving on ?  
  • Options

It would be lovely but Jack Tucker is out of our price range I suspect.  Wages are not horrific but he will more than likely be going up a division.
    They also have a young lad on loan from Arsenal who looks decent and is only 20 years old - Zech Medley.  His stats are certainly pretty impressive for someone of his age coming in to League 1
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It would be lovely but Jack Tucker is out of our price range I suspect.  Wages are not horrific but he will more than likely be going up a division.
    They also have a young lad on loan from Arsenal who looks decent and is only 20 years old - Zech Medley.  His stats are certainly pretty impressive for someone of his age coming in to League 1
    I thought Medley was linked with being recalled?
  • Options
    Gnanduillet signed for hearts the other day and scored on his debut tonight 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    Gnanduillet signed for hearts the other day and scored on his debut tonight 
    His international clearance only came through in the afternoon apparently, started on the bench came on after 60 minutes and scored 2 goals lol.

He is gonna score loads in the Scottish Championship between now and whem Hearts get promoted end of the season
  • Options
    Rumours that Martin Odegaard is heading to Arsenal on loan
    Deal has been confirmed, joined on loan till the end of the season