Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

Comments

• Anyone seen the rumours about kyle Walkers xmas party
  • Mate of mine just sent a text about that. 19 premier players caught Covid apparently.
  • Our game seems like it is going ahead doesn't it?
  • iaitch said:
    Mate of mine just sent a text about that. 19 premier players caught Covid apparently.
    Not sure if it's true - surely no premier player would put themselves in that situation?

One of the rumours is that Sancho flew in from Dortmund to attend.
  • clb74 said:
    Then on the weekend of the 9th ,7 league one teams in the fa cup 
    They should never have bothered with the EFL Trophy this season, the midweeks teams played that, should have been used for League games!!
    From what I've read, Portsmouth still want to play last season's Final!

Maybe they can have a double-header on the date of this year's final.
  • clive said:

The league season has to be extended in the wake of increased Covid-19 cases, says Accrington manager John Coleman.

The League One club has had six games postponed because of the virus and played just 16 - three fewer than more than half the sides in the division.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55497280

As I posted on the Peterbourough cancelled/rearranged thread, there are actually 8 "spare" midweek slots that games can be fitted into after the 30th January. That doesn't include the midweek before the Good Friday / Easter Monday weekend either. No need at this stage to be even thinking about extending the season.
  • clb74 said:
    Then on the weekend of the 9th ,7 league one teams in the fa cup 
    They should never have bothered with the EFL Trophy this season, the midweeks teams played that, should have been used for League games!!
    From what I've read, Portsmouth still want to play last season's Final!

Maybe they can have a double-header on the date of this year's final.
    It would be quite funny for a team to win the 2020 final, parade the trophy around Wembley then hand it straight back for the second final to be fought over later that day!
  • The Kyle Walker story surely can't be true, especially given the trouble he got into before during lockdown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of these footballers aren't the brightest on the block.
  • MattF said:
    I imagine we'll go back to having the Charlton players changing in lounges at The Valley and coming down the steps rather than using the tunnel

Most clubs in L1 and L2 never played under the tight restrictions used last June and July so this will be new to them
  • MattF said:
    I imagine we'll go back to having the Charlton players changing in lounges at The Valley and coming down the steps rather than using the tunnel

Most clubs in L1 and L2 never played under the tight restrictions used last June and July so this will be new to them
    I thought that was what we were doing still? 
  • The Lincoln players are fine, but Michael Appleton has tested positive so will be absent from their upcoming games
  • edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    Accrington v Pompey game tomorrow is now postponed - frozen pitch.
    That means Accrington will have had no game between the 19th December and the 8th January when they play us!

For Pompey it's even worse, they played on the 18th December, but are in FA Cup action next weekend so won't play in L1 until the 16th January, almost a month later  :o
  • Richard J said:
    Addickted said:
    That means Accrington will have had no game between the 19th December and the 8th January when they play us!

For Pompey it's even worse, they played on the 18th December, but are in FA Cup action next weekend so won't play in L1 until the 16th January, almost a month later  :o
    In these very strange times, couldn't they have reversed the fixture and played it at Fratton Park, maybe on Sunday to allow pitch preparation? 
    Too sensible a proposal for the EFL to consider. Shouldn't be a problem seeing as no fans are attending & its akin to playing a game at a neutral venue. 
  • Just out of interest how much notice do clubs have to give if they want to get a match cancelled?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

It's not very often we tend to get any kind of advantage but surely Accrington going the best part of 3 weeks without a game will help us? I remember Bowyer saying he doesn't like players missing two weekends as he feels players lose match sharpness.
  • Just out of interest how much notice do clubs have to give if they want to get a match cancelled?
    Wouldnt be surprised if a team can go a goal down and say: "You know what, they scored because we've got COVID, we're getting the game called off"
  • Bristol City's Championship game at Brentford on Saturday has been called off after a Covid-19 outbreak in the Robins squad.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55450050
  • Luton v QPR off tomorrow due to covid cases in the Luton squad
  • clive said:
    Bristol City's Championship game at Brentford on Saturday has been called off after a Covid-19 outbreak in the Robins squad.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55450050
    Luton v QPR off tomorrow due to covid cases in the Luton squad
    Luton played Bristol City on the 29th December...
  • Burnley v Fulham has been called off tomorrow
  • The Kyle Walker story surely can't be true, especially given the trouble he got into before during lockdown.
    Be very surprised if its true, given the fact that this story isnt staying quiet...

Be very surprised if its true, given the fact that this story isnt staying quiet...

Covidiots.

Was Barry Gibb the entertainment....??