Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Let’s see how many over 300 India get 
    Just about to type the same comment
  • We've got three keepers, four off break bowlers, one left arm orthodox, one leggie and just two seamers in the side

So now we have to bowl the Indians out for sub 200 with the chances that the 38 year old and/or a bowler who can't bowl because of his knees/back etc etc, developing a niggle or even breaking down with the consequence that we have to then ask Foakes to take his pads off and bowl some off cutters. Not that I think he can bowl off cutters!

• Red card em both 
    a fucking run out nearly 
    Trouble is 300 gives them a lead of more than 100. And when we will struggle to get 150 in the 2nd innings that will mean that they will need 50 to win. And I think they will get that!
    Yep, we feel a good 150 short.
  • Two of England’s top order batsmen out trying to slog a spinner in the first two sessions of a test. Thank goodness Boycott isn’t on comms, he’d be apoplectic! 
  • In 5 innings against India we've managed just 696 runs in what have been extremely challenging batting conditions - that's an average of 139 per innings. Today's pitch, however, was not a 200 one.

In those innings Root has amassed just 80. Against Sri Lanka, in 4 innings, he scored 426 with the rest of the batsmen making just 534 runs in total.

It isn't this series that has exposed our frailties. It is the one against Sri Lanka that demonstrated, certainly against spin, we are wholly reliant on one batsman.
  • We've got three keepers, four off break bowlers, one left arm orthodox, one leggie and just two seamers in the side

So now we have to bowl the Indians out for sub 200 with the chances that the 38 year old and/or a bowler who can't bowl because of his knees/back etc etc, developing a niggle or even breaking down with the consequence that we have to then ask Foakes to take his pads off and bowl some off cutters. Not that I think he can bowl off cutters!

And there you have it - Stokes is having to bowl with a stomach bug. This could get very messy!!!
  • I said Stokes looked knackered when batting which was weird on the first day of the test. 

Him having to bowl on day 1 (when you've won the toss and batted) is hardly ideal at the best of times, let alone when he is ill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great decision Ump!
  • JIMMMMYYYYYYY
  • I said Stokes looked knackered when batting which was weird on the first day of the test. 

Him having to bowl on day 1 (when you've won the toss and batted) is hardly ideal at the best of times, let alone when he is ill.
    i think root's gonna bowl more than stokes tbh

i think root's gonna bowl more than stokes tbh
    Agree but the fact that Indai bowled their seamers so much suggests to me that they think there is something in the pitch for the seamers. We should be using 2 seamers for the new ball at least.
  • two pies from stokes first up
  • Stokes is someone you bring on nowadays to buy yourself a wicket with that surprise delivery. Not to throw the new ball to.

We pick three front line seamers on a bunsen burner and one on a pitch that might offer some assistance to them. Where does this thinking come from? Our coach was a fast bowler and you'd think he'd be able to read a pitch!
  • 5 overs 5 maidens for Anderson. India know what they're doing.
  • Going to be a long couple of days in the field here.
  • Could do with Bess burgling one here
  • Sponsored links:

• Bess no ball = punch in face
  • 345-360 India runs with the spread bookies
  • edited March 2021
    The sense you get is that if England treated these games as limited overs matches, they would probably score more runs on these wickets. Root's decision to put the game out of reach for India in the first test probably helped win that. 

Some wickets it should be about trying to get as many runs as you can as quickly as you can before that ball that gets you out comes along.
  • The sense you get is that if England treated these games as limited overs matches, they would probably score more runs on these wickets. Root's decision to put the game out of reach for India in the first test probably helped win that. 

Some wickets it should be about trying to get as many runs as you can as quickly as you can before that ball that gets you out comes along.

i think england's problem for the last couple of years in test cricket is we've been doing that and having very average results.
  • The sense you get is that if England treated these games as limited overs matches, they would probably score more runs on these wickets. Root's decision to put the game out of reach for India in the first test probably helped win that. 

i think england's problem for the last couple of years in test cricket is we've been doing that and having very average results.
    Yes, and here are pitches we should be doing it on.
  • Pant is noisy every ball so you can't then cherry pick the wickets as an example!
  • Leuth said:
    I still think Bairstow's review was completely justified! On this occasion at least
    Agreed - didn’t look out to me 
  • Pant is noisy every ball so you can't then cherry pick the wickets as an example!
    Pant is an absolute irritation behind the stumps .  Will be interesting to see how long he keeps that up
  • Slightly off topic but just seen this on BBC

Kieron Pollard struck six sixes in one over off Akila Dananjaya, who had earlier taken a hat-trick, in West Indies' extraordinary four-wicket Twenty20 defeat of Sri Lanka.