Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Anderson and Bumrah shouldn’t really be irrelevant in any test. It cheapens the contest.

• Well this is a bit of a damp squib.

Was hoping we'd get 3 or 4 at least to make it slightly interesting.
  • Against spin:

England 1st Innings: 64-9
    India 1st Innings: 62-9
    England 2nd Innings: 81 all out
    Amazing. And India 49-0 but the game was already gone. 
  • india win by 10 wickets... yeah... terrible wicket wasnt it..
  • Mad to think it was only about 4 hours ago we had just got them out.
  • india win by 10 wickets... yeah... terrible wicket wasnt it..
    Gotta remember that this was day 2. We haven’t seen any kind of fast bowling in a ridiculous amount of overs.

We batted poorly, but that doesn’t redeem the pitch.
  • edited February 2021
    Kohli has such a brilliant villainous face doesn't he?

It's the crazy eyes and pointy beard.

• That pitch is fully 2 days short of even nearly acceptable.
    But this England side.
    When the going got tough the batsmen got on their bikes and got the hell out of Dodge as fast as their centrally contracted legs could carry them.  Crawley proved 1st innings was playable, 2nd innings got a jaffa, the rest of them bailed.
    Losing by 10 wickets with the Indian openers smashing it to all parts is damning.
    This is dereliction of duty.
    This is on a par with selecting Paul Smyth as a wing back and letting Dialang Jaiyesimi rip the piss for 50 minutes - on a par with DJ ripping the piss for 50 minutes, escaping from a football ground in a laundry basket after sending your faultless goalkeeper out to face the press, voting for brexit and complaining about import duty on your fancy french imports.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Wow!! Not really a fair game of cricket was it? Pitch definetly doctored to suit home team.Will go down as a thrashing but India didnt beat us the pitch did.Its just not cricket and the icc need to look into obvious unfair advantage against touring team.It Will be a fair game of cricket when they come to England later this year.And a final note i really couldnt see me disliking anyone more than David Warner/Steven Smith but Virat Kohli tops them both.Bad loser and bad winner.Horrible little man.
  • edited February 2021
    The fact that India with their top 6 batsman all on 40+ average scored 145 all out on day one and two sums up the pitch.

Leach and Root bowled well but Ashwin and Axar just addled the England batsman minds and whether the ball stays straight or spins there is no way we could read it on a regular basis.

I was defending the coward abuse directed to Jonny Bairstow not the two shocking shots he attempted.  

I said we would lose 2-1 and one draw after we won the 1st test, I may have been a tad optimistic.

• That pitch is fully 2 days short of even nearly acceptable.
    But this England side.
    When the going got tough the batsmen got on their bikes and got the hell out of Dodge as fast as their centrally contracted legs could carry them.  Crawley proved 1st innings was playable, 2nd innings got a jaffa, the rest of them bailed.
    Losing by 10 wickets with the Indian openers smashing it to all parts is damning.
    This is dereliction of duty.
    This is on a par with selecting Paul Smyth as a wing back and letting Dialang Jaiyesimi rip the piss for 50 minutes - on a par with DJ ripping the piss for 50 minutes, escaping from a football ground in a laundry basket after sending your faultless goalkeeper out to face the press, voting for brexit and complaining about import duty on your fancy french imports.
    Actually, all Crawley proved,  was that it was easier to play against seam on that wicket. He confirmed as much himself, when interviewed last night.
  • The shortest completed Test match since the Second World War.
  • the next time India play in England I expect to see green pitches resembling corrugated turf .. see how they get on with that (mind you, could be they cope better than our 'batsmen')
  • So what odds on the next test pitch being as dead as a do-do and both sides hitting 500+?

ICC won't censure the BCCI over the last 2 pitches as they know who holds the power and they need India in the their Test Championship show piece event to keep it and Test cricket relevant.
  • In 2011 Joe Root went to Australia to train and play with the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy. The coaches stated, in his end of term report, "Could be a good part time spinner. Needs to take it more seriously".

It's only taken a decade Joe!
  • Sponsored links:

• So what odds on the next test pitch being as dead as a do-do and both sides hitting 500+?

ICC won't censure the BCCI over the last 2 pitches as they know who holds the power and they need India in the their Test Championship show piece event to keep it and Test cricket relevant.
    I believe they are playing on the same wicket, or least one next to it. Same venue.
  • Also now means we can't be in the final of the Test match between the top 2 best Test teams. Had to win the series 3-0 or 3-1. And the inaugural Test will be held.......at Lords.

Thanks chaps for being so crap at playing spin. 
  • Also now means we can't be in the final of the Test match between the top 2 best Test teams. Had to win the series 3-0 or 3-1. And the inaugural Test will be held.......at Lords.

Which, I suspect, was India's reason for making as sure as possible they'd win with this pitch.

Don't get me wrong, I think they would have won the series anyway, but I think after the first Test they wanted to make certain they avoided a 2-2.

I believe they are playing on the same wicket, or least one next to it. Same venue.
    The 4 matches are being played at just 2 venues, just like England did last summer. Will be a new pitch though
  • Laddick01 said:
    Anderson and Bumrah shouldn’t really be irrelevant in any test. It cheapens the contest.

Ditto Ishant Sharma, who took a wicket in his 100th Test but barely featured otherwise! Indeed he scored twice as many runs (10 not out) as the number of overs he bowled...

I suspect/hope that if India progress to the final (ie if England fail to draw this series 2-2) off the back of these pitches, then the Lords ground staff will be preparing a green top that will see India all out for less than 200 across both innings.

I suspect/hope that if India progress to the final (ie if England fail to draw this series 2-2) off the back of these pitches, then the Lords ground staff will be preparing a green top that will see India all out for less than 200 across both innings.
    As the final will be played in June, you imagine it will be seam friendly anyway!
  • The shortest Test match in terms of overs since 1935
  • Channel 4 will be pig sick.......I wonder if they can have insurance for such eventualities?