Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Just feel Ashwin and Axar Patel have our number.

Positive guys.

Fuck it Sam.
    You were spot on as England walked out to bat.

We tried to be positive but out classed by Axar and Ashwin.
    you are a disgrace.

I swear like a trooper Wanker, but other than you I don't do personal abuse.
    But you do like starting arguments on absolutely nothing on a message board.

As i said, embarrassing. 
  • The sad thing is Leach is a more accomplished blocker than Bairstow. 
  • The row on this thread between Kent & Sam is going to last longer than this match at this rate. 
  • It can be called a farce but I've enjoyed this Test more than a flat track 5 day Test.
  • Anyone else got a tiny feeling that three seamers who can't bat might have been a mistake?
    Chris Woakes at least can hold a bat

Archer is a joke at No 8
  • Go Leachy!!!!!
  • I'm glad this Indian commentator on channel 4 isn't the off field umpire he is as biased as f##k
    to be fair to swann, he's giving it back, and mentioned the stumping yesterday as well, again... Now complete silence again by the commentators.
    What is the controversy re the stumping as must have missed that?
    foakes did a v quick stumping, looked not out by eye, but on the playthrough replay looked like his foot was behind the line but not grounded (meaning it was out) third umpire only looked at it once with one angle and quickly gave it not out. Root was visibily shaking his head and unhappy.

I thought the Stokes catch that wasn't was the right decision (Stokes didn't look confident) but it was reviewed far, far too quickly to be fair and professional
  • Go Leachy!!!!!
    just the right time for a maiden ton ((:>)
  • mendonca said:
    It can be called a farce but I've enjoyed this Test more than a flat track 5 day Test.
    Blasphemy 
  • Sponsored links:

• As there is not much happening in the game and it's inexorably drifting towards a five-day anti-climax, I thought it might be interesting to read an article about Chettithody Shamshuddin, the Indian umpire who, in 2017 faced severe criticism for two pieces of terrible umpiring in a match between India and England. 

He reprieved Virat Kohli in India's innings (as the Cricinfo commentary had it, 'that would have crashed into middle stump') and gave Joe Root out, lbw, ('looked like an optimistic appeal but the umpire raised the finger quickly... Looks like there was an inside-edge. Root unlucky').  

His performance was so poor, and he faced such severe criticism, that he immediately stepped down from umpiring the rest of the series, claiming he was 'unwell'. 

Why is this relevant right now?  For anyone who doesn't know, Chettithody Shamshuddin is the third umpire in the current Test match. 
  • Yes you do have to be able spin. But when no batsman, on either side, has managed to score more than 25 off the spinners, that really isn't a fair test
  • Credit is due to the Indian bowlers but some really poor shot selection in both innings from our batsmen 
  • Three figures will take some getting on this sub-standard track - only another 56 runs needed (only!!).
  • "400 wickets in 77 overs"?!

That would be extraordinary. 
  • This’ll be another really tight one.
  • here we go again.... he's hit it ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought this would rate as one of the shortest Test matches in history. 

Not a chance.

SA tour of Australia in 1931/2. SA lost the 5th Test inside 6 hours  !!  Their 2 innings combined didn't even total 80. In between their 2 innings Australia made 130 something. 
  • It could have been worse.

Axar Patel could have been picked for the 1st test.
  • Another good decision from the third umpire.  He could clearly see that there were two spikes and concluded - rightly - that the ball missed the bat and hit the front pad, twice.  Obviously.  
  • broad when he's batting and something is barely sweepable

• I always thought that batsmen got the benefit of any doubt. Clearly not. When you move one frame and there is a definite sound, how can the umpire even remotely certain? 
  • Chizz said:
    Leach is out.  I think we're in trouble now. 
    ya think?
  • Chizz said:
    As there is not much happening in the game and it's inexorably drifting towards a five-day anti-climax, I thought it might be interesting to read an article about Chettithody Shamshuddin, the Indian umpire who, in 2017 faced severe criticism for two pieces of terrible umpiring in a match between India and England. 

He reprieved Virat Kohli in India's innings (as the Cricinfo commentary had it, 'that would have crashed into middle stump') and gave Joe Root out, lbw, ('looked like an optimistic appeal but the umpire raised the finger quickly... Looks like there was an inside-edge. Root unlucky').  

His performance was so poor, and he faced such severe criticism, that he immediately stepped down from umpiring the rest of the series, claiming he was 'unwell'. 

Why is this relevant right now?  For anyone who doesn't know, Chettithody Shamshuddin is the third umpire in the current Test match. 
    Interesting. Surely this, his actions during this test and the state of the pitch are highly suspicious -  more suspicious than England's batting, bar Zak's first innings! Sirs AC & AS questioning the lottery of the pitch. Looks like it might finish on day 2! How many times has that happened. I wonder what the 'betting profile' has been..........
  • Cook saying "47 might not seem like a lot" feels like an understatement.
  • Alistair Cook the master of the understatement. "England a bit short of  runs".  NSS.