Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• It is best that Ben Stokes plays like this but he will need some luck.

Luck like that shot !
  • Lead of 9.

Could be enough.
  • At least India will have to bat again now! 
  • bairstow can fuck off home, awful, awful red ball player
    utter cunt

You are a disgrace 
    u wot m8

If you think" Fuck off Bairstow and "utter cunt" is appropriate then we are different.
    Oh stop embarrassing yourself. Bet you're really fun to sit next to at a football match.

I will talk your language. 

You are a wanker.
    @soapboxsam when he hears the "referee is a wanker" chant at a football match.

• Day two, so far

India 46/7 

England 46/3 
  • He’d actually looked ok before that shot too
    He did especially against Ashwin - worked it with the spin but made sure his pads were outside the line of off stump 
  • Clam down lads. Its just a game of cricket!

Fuck off.
    @soapboxsam right now 

• Chizz said:
    Day two, so far

India 46/7 

England 46/4 

• v close... umpire's call on whether it hit the bat?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah now we’ll get a lengthy review. Brilliant.

Indian batsman is already facing his next ball here.
  • if this was india batting hed give it not out instantly
  • edited February 2021
    Ironically, Root's reluctance to review it straightaway rather gives away the fact that he didn't think he hit it first!
  • Ben Stokes "taking the brave option"
    in this instance that is thrashing across the line & against the spin, with his eyes closed

if you have to thrash (and obvs he can't defend for toffee) then ffs thrash With The Spin - it reduces the risk factor enormously - it's much less likely to go straight up in the air - and with Ashwin spinning it away from the stumps at least half the time the risks of bowled & lbw are smaller anyway 
  • Tried his best to give it didn't he...
  • edited February 2021
    Well done 3rd umpire 

When in doubt not out. :)
  • How many times does the third umpire have to see the bat hitting the ball to determine that the bat hit the ball? 
  • Think we got lucky there.  

Im not convinced there was enough to overturn that, although I think it did clip the bat.
  • correct decision from the third umpire
  • That was pad bat pad to me 
    got away with that 

• Sponsored links:

• Wow, not even Root was convinced he hit that first
  • Chizz said:
    How many times does the third umpire have to see the bat hitting the ball to determine that the bat hit the ball? 
    The question is whether the ball hit the pad first
  • I'm glad this Indian commentator on channel 4 isn't the off field umpire he is as biased as f##k

Im not convinced there was enough to overturn that, although I think it did clip the bat.
    I wonder if the kerfuffle yesterday contributed to giving Root the benefit of the doubt...
  • Bugger

No way is this pitch acceptable. If Root can get 5-8 in the 4th session of the match, there isn’t a fair balance between bat and ball
    Is the pitch acceptable for a test match?
  • I'm glad this Indian commentator on channel 4 isn't the off field umpire he is as biased as f##k
    to be fair to swann, he's giving it back, and mentioned the stumping yesterday as well, again... Now complete silence again by the commentators.

Weirdly, I agree but in a different way.

Think it went pad/bat, which would explain Joe’s reaction.

But I do think there was enough to overturn. It made it look like he’d nicked it and snicko helped him out.

Strange one.
    to be fair to swann, he's giving it back, and mentioned the stumping yesterday as well, again... Now complete silence again by the commentators.
    What is the controversy re the stumping as must have missed that?
  • Chizz said:
    How many times does the third umpire have to see the bat hitting the ball to determine that the bat hit the ball? 
    The question is whether the ball hit the pad first
    The answer is 'yes'
    What is the controversy re the stumping as must have missed that?
    So did the third umpire