Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Joe Root 5-8  B)
    Jack Leech 4-54  B)
  • 5 for Root.
    His 1st 😁😁
  • lol reviews the decision whilst walking off the pitch
  • What a morning!
  • how many players have taken a five for and scored a century in the same match? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Come on England

bowl them out for 200 - bat properly and get 250 lead.
    Spin them out in 4th

Pessimist  
  • how many players have taken a five for and scored a century in the same match? 
    Would be Root's best innings if he does that. By a distance
  • I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

Will it get reported? Of course not.
    Hard to blame it on the pitch this much. its hardly spitting off the surface. Most of the wickets have been ones that didnt turn, its just the occasional one that does turn which puts the shits up the batsmen. Its more poor batting on both sides. 

The last match I agree, the ball was going through the top in the first session which isnt really on. 

The ball should not be turning square on the first day of a Test match. You don't need the ball to spit every ball. Indians know how to play spin bowling and they can't play even a part timer like Root.

Only two batsmen have managed more than 27. Those two opened the batting and had an opportunity to score runs against the fast bowlers. To put this in perspective the figures for the respective types of bowlers in this match are:

Seamers: 2-124
    Spinners: 18-126

18 wickets @ 7.00 per wicket for spinners in the first 4 sessions of a Test match!

Its India, the ball is allowed to spin and its allowed to do it from day 1. As long as the pitch isn't breaking up on day one I personally think this is on a par with us producing pitches with a bit of grass on the top to seam. As I said I think the last match went too far and was a poor pitch. This is legitimate home advantage IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

Hard to blame it on the pitch this much. its hardly spitting off the surface. Most of the wickets have been ones that didnt turn, its just the occasional one that does turn which puts the shits up the batsmen. Its more poor batting on both sides. 

The last match I agree, the ball was going through the top in the first session which isnt really on. 
    I am now firmly of the opinion that @cantersaddick would make a perfect addition to the C4 commentary team. 
    Can't be worse than Swann
    He normally winds me up a lot, but actually it's quite decent having a spinner on commentary today.
    Each to their own. He adds nothing for me. Hes a poor radio commentator but a truly shocking TV commentator. The only insights he has it "Jimmy's my mate" "Broady's my mate".
    Normally I completely agree.
  • I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

The ball should not be turning square on the first day of a Test match. You don't need the ball to spit every ball. Indians know how to play spin bowling and they can't play even a part timer like Root.

Only two batsmen have managed more than 27. Those two opened the batting and had an opportunity to score runs against the fast bowlers. To put this in perspective the figures for the respective types of bowlers in this match are:

Seamers: 2-124
    Spinners: 18-126

18 wickets @ 7.00 per wicket for spinners in the first 4 sessions of a Test match!

Its India, the ball is allowed to spin and its allowed to do it from day 1. As long as the pitch isn't breaking up on day one I personally think this is on a par with us producing pitches with a bit of grass on the top to seam. As I said I think the last match went too far and was a poor pitch. This is legitimate home advantage IMO.
    We'll have to beg to differ. That said, I layed runs in both innings and England were originally evens to get 325 and India were 11/10 to get 300, I layed both sides all the way down to 175 at varying prices and never had a single worry that I wasn't going to win. So I'm not complaining financially but this isn't Test cricket.
  •  Looking unlikely there will be a clash between the Test and Charlton on Saturday afternoon!
  • Chizz said:
    I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

I am now firmly of the opinion that @cantersaddick would make a perfect addition to the C4 commentary team. 
    Can't be worse than Swann
    He normally winds me up a lot, but actually it's quite decent having a spinner on commentary today.
    Each to their own. He adds nothing for me. Hes a poor radio commentator but a truly shocking TV commentator. The only insights he has it "Jimmy's my mate" "Broady's my mate".
    Well he is a massive bellend, was the core of a group of bullies allowed to exist within flower's england - the way he swung his dick around at his fielders for any kind of slight fumble pissed me off. Then there was the way he abandoned ship on that ashes tour - classic cowardly bully behaviour. 
  • Just feel Ashwin and Axar Patel have our number.

Positive guys.

• well that was a good start
  • Crawley not so good second time around
  • golden duck for crawley fuck SAKE
  • Sponsored links:

• What were the odds on us not making 33?
  • Oh dear. England fully capable of losing this match by an innings
  • Day 5 is going to be interesting
  • Gotta laugh really. Very Charlton like that. 
  • edited February 2021
    This will be all over today!
  • It's ok guys, Bairstow is here.
  • Do we just slog here or is that stupid?
  • That was some true rabbit-in-headlights stuff. I think we need to attack
  • gonna lose by an innings