Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• absolute game on from here. Need to get 2 or 3 decent scores in our innings and we might be well in the driving seat. But nowhere near a test match wicket.
  • I have to say, these pitches are very refreshing and should be encouraged in English club cricket
  • Joe Root is proving, single-handedly, that England's selection for this Test was either perfect, or awful.  
  • 1 wicket for a pace bowler in this innings, not sure if the decision not to play bess was either idiocy or genius.
  • Root's best figures are 4/87 so he's almost certainly one wicket away from beating that.
  • I love Indian English:
    - Axar Patel didn’t get the elewation 
    - the spinners have wrecked havoc

• AshBurton said:
    I love Indian English:
    - Axar Patel didn’t get the elewation 
    - the spinners have wrecked havoc

Best thing about cricket commentary is that they have someone from both sides commentating pretty often.

Football should do the same in internationals, you get the other perspective, they know more about their own players etc.
  • I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

Will it get reported? Of course not.
    Hard to blame it on the pitch this much. its hardly spitting off the surface. Most of the wickets have been ones that didnt turn, its just the occasional one that does turn which puts the shits up the batsmen. Its more poor batting on both sides. 

The last match I agree, the ball was going through the top in the first session which isnt really on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The ball is turning quickly on this pitch, and batsmen not named R Ashwin can't cope with the quick turn. The Magnificent Bastard making it look easy, need to nab the tail quickly
  • If this isn't a test wicket why did Crawley make it look so easy before miss reading a straight ball ?
  • Get in, well held Zak!
  • Root's best figures are 4/87 so he's almost certainly one wicket away from beating that.
    Just needs to avoid conceding another 83 runs now.
  • 5 for for root incoming
  • Joe Root 4-5  B)
  • Who will get the 5 fer, or will a run out spoil things  :D
  • I remember that 4/87. His figures were about 4/20 and then Keshav Maharaj basically had a slogathon and he stayed on to try and nab the 5th which never came. Bumrah is no Maharaj though
  • edited February 2021
    What was Rohit Sharma on when they didn't give the stumping?
  • please dont slog another 30 odd
  • Sponsored links:

• I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

Hard to blame it on the pitch this much. its hardly spitting off the surface. Most of the wickets have been ones that didnt turn, its just the occasional one that does turn which puts the shits up the batsmen. Its more poor batting on both sides. 

The last match I agree, the ball was going through the top in the first session which isnt really on. 
    I am now firmly of the opinion that @cantersaddick would make a perfect addition to the C4 commentary team. 
  • Come on Joe, 5fer time.
  • What was Rohit Sharma on when they didn't give the stumping?
    53 off 75 balls, India 91/2. 
  • Chizz said:
    I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

I am now firmly of the opinion that @cantersaddick would make a perfect addition to the C4 commentary team. 
    Can't be worse than Swann
  • Chizz said:
    What was Rohit Sharma on when they didn't give the stumping?
    53 off 75 balls, India 91/2. 
    So only 13 runs but they could be important.
  • I think the 3rd umpire may have got that one right....
  • Chizz said:
    I said that the last pitch wasn't a Test wicket. Well this certainly isn't it. A Test match should last 4-5 days but we could well be batting for the second time inside the fourth session which is ridiculous.

He normally winds me up a lot, but actually it's quite decent having a spinner on commentary today.
  • Chizz said:

He normally winds me up a lot, but actually it's quite decent having a spinner on commentary today.
    Each to their own. He adds nothing for me. Hes a poor radio commentator but a truly shocking TV commentator. The only insights he has it "Jimmy's my mate" "Broady's my mate".
  • edited February 2021

The ball should not be turning square on the first day of a Test match. You don't need the ball to spit every ball. Indians know how to play spin bowling and they can't play even a part timer like Root.

Only two batsmen have managed more than 27. Those two opened the batting and had an opportunity to score runs against the fast bowlers. To put this in perspective the figures for the respective types of bowlers in this match are:

Seamers: 2-124
    Spinners: 18-126

18 wickets @ 7.00 per wicket for spinners in the first 4 sessions of a Test match!

• edited June 16
    Chizz said:

only commentator seemingly mentioning the stumping yesterday, silence from the other commentators after he mentioned it. Star Sports and BCCI are corrupt c***s.