Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• There must be a stat somewhere of how many reviews Bairstow has wasted
  • I know I've been banging on about this almost as much as Golfie has about us coming from behind but, seriously, what have we got to lose by asking someone who averages 53 in First Class cricket to have a go at batting at 3? If he is a success there then I would love to see in Australia this as our line up:

Burns/Sibley/A N Other
    Crawley
    Pope
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Foakes

• edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    This is what got Bairstow dropped in the first place and the way he keeps waltzing back in puts serious questions of the integrity of the selectors and Root
    like buttler, he's root's mate and plays well in white ball cricket, which is his excuse for dropping either near the end of a series, they do well in white ball cricket and they get picked again. Never ending cycle. Harsh on lawrence, as although he got out on fairly low scores, like pope he always looks like he's on top form in the middle.
  • Bairstow and his reviews are a joke. Someone in authority needs to have a serious word.
    This. Absolute f******g joke, he would review it if he was clean bowled.
    Only Kohli is allowed to do that!
  • That is all we need - Root sustaining a finger injury
    There was an analysis done in 2019 (the last full year of neutral umpires, I think).  Bairstow was the only player (for any team) to have had more than three unsuccessful reviews.  (In contrast, and by coincidence, the only players in any team to have more than three successful reviews that year were Root and Burns). 
  • Just spotted that that fascist bastard Modi has renamed the stadium after himself
  • I know I've been banging on about this almost as much as Golfie has about us coming from behind but, seriously, what have we got to lose by asking someone who averages 53 in First Class cricket to have a go at batting at 3? If he is a success there then I would love to see in Australia this as our line up:

Burns/Sibley/A N Other
    Crawley
    Pope
    Root
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Foakes

My money is on them not going into the first Ashes test with three openers, two wicket keepers and no bowlers. 

;) 
  • Oh gawd. That turned square!
  • Leuth said:
    Just spotted that that fascist bastard Modi has renamed the stadium after himself
    Dodgy, I hope that when eventually leaves power they immediately drop the name
  • Sponsored links:

• Crawley probably has 20 bats plus given to him each year by Gray Nichs. But if anyone has any doubt how some players become attached to a particular bat then look at the number of red ball marks and tape he has on that bat. He will probably carry on using it 'til it breaks in two!
  • dont want to jynx it but crawley is looking very good.
  • Zak Crawley has played some wonderful shots this morning. 
  • Focus on this test guys.

Fans and Team !

9-11am session
    11-11.20 Tiffin
    11.20-1.20pm session
    1.20-2pm lunch
    2pm-4 pm session
  • 50-2

Crawley 39 off 49
    The Rest 8 off 37
  • Crawley’s shot making has been superb, too late for the IPL auction this year though!
  • Crawley’s shot making has been superb, too late for the IPL auction this year though!
    Unfortunately for Kent we won't be seeing much of him this summer!
    He definitely did it out of anger not logic. Plumb
  • Quality 50 from Crawley. As good, given the conditions, as I can remember from one of our openers
  • Phew, good old umpires call
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately for Kent we won't be seeing much of him this summer!
    Umpires call, blimey.

Gutted for Kent but pleased for England.
    I was at the St Lawrence ground in late September 2018 against Glamorgan when Crawley eventually got pass the Nervous 90's to score his maiden century for Kent.
    168 runs and slightly different conditions to an Autumn day in Canterbury.

• Quality 50 from Crawley. As good, given the conditions, as I can remember from one of our openers
    the last opener to look this fluid for england went on to be england's greatest ever run scorer
  • Sorry folks, I just switched on...
  • Wasted that one. 
  • looks pretty plumb to me..
  • Wasted that one. 
    We keep the review at least
  • Ben Stokes Nemesis Ashwin.
  • edited February 2021
    Sh*t.

Crawley looked so well in.

Considering the tail is so long we're bang in trouble here.
  • Crawley can't review if he wanted to because Bairstow and Root wasted two anyway
  • Crawley can't review if he wanted to because Bairstow and Root wasted two anyway
    dont you keep your review if its umpires call? Think he might have hit it tbh... v close to the bat