Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• They all bat to be fair. 
  • The England Women’s cricket side thumped the Silver Ferns in yesterday’s ODI in Christchurch yesterday having no trouble passing the NZ side’s 178 in 34 overs.  NZ won the toss in scorching weather and elected to bat on a friendly pitch.

England are the current World Champions and the next tournament is in NZ next year.  Hopefully NZ might do a little better in the meantime.  They have lost 10 ODI on the trot, their last win was against India in February 2019 when there was nothing at stake.
  • Day/night test match starts on Wednesday. 9am start so should be able to watch it all during the day whilst I WFH.
  • Day/night test match starts on Wednesday. 9am start so should be able to watch it all during the day whilst I WFH.
    Hope you don't work in air traffic control.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    Day/night test match starts on Wednesday. 9am start so should be able to watch it all during the day whilst I WFH.
    Hope you don't work in air traffic control.
    It’ll give a whole new tragic meaning to “that’s one down”
  • England win the toss and bat
  • We have won the toss and will bat. Anderson, Archer, Bairstow and Crawley come in place of Burns Lawrence Stone and Moeen
  • So going in with the one front line spinner which will see, presumably, Root bowling more
  • Yay to winning the toss!  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Indians have three spinners by comparison 
  • If the first ball turns square England will have a long time to regret their team selection!
  • AshBurton said:
    I’m increasingly convinced Jofra is battIng three places too high
    Oh good, Archer promoted to No 8
  • Amazed that India only have two slips and a gully in the first over of a Test
  • SIBLEY DUCK
  • 2-1

Some things just don't change. They bowled 6th stump to Sibley prior to that and the minute they let him have one on off peg, he nicks off.
    I still don't get this
    I still don't get this
    Trying to make it last 5 days 
    bookies orders 
  • Tough start this, two top class bowlers & the pink ball doing all sorts.

Come on Zak.
  • Crawley gives me feelings I haven't experienced since Trescothick
  • Sponsored links:

• The worst thing anyone could say here is that Crawley looks superb and a proper Test opener. But if one was allowed to do so then I'm sure they would!
  • When was the last time we had such a long tail? Archer at 8, unbelievable. 
  • That's a surprise - Bairstow asking for the review even before consulting his partner!!!!
  • Blimey, he’s missed that by miles 
  • Bairstow and his reviews are a joke. Someone in authority needs to have a serious word.
  • So there we have it again. Two down with not many on the board.
  • Bairstow and his reviews are a joke. Someone in authority needs to have a serious word.
    This. Absolute f******g joke, he would review it if he was clean bowled.
  • Bairstow isn't good enough.

Who would honestly want him playing Down Under vs their pace attack?  
  • Awful review, I can’t understand how someone can review so quickly when the ball was straight and not near the bat