Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    Can we sign overseas players after 1 Jan and B*e*I*?

I see that TS confirmed what I said about an attacking midfielder and a striker. Thomas must be in the know.
  • Options
    Seen a lot of people calling for JFC to be released/moved on to free up wages, not sure why that is, I've always liked him and wouldn't be far off my first-team. Have I missed something? I don't watch all the games, seen probably 5 this season, and I don't think JFC was playing in any of those ones due to rotation?
    Agreed i saw him one game this season and he looked like he was one of our brighter players personally. Always good going forward and feel fitness is his main issue, i think people forget how good he was pre-injury? Maybe thats why people are quick to move him on?

• Options
    I think the issue people have with JFC is he's not a first choice centre mid while also being a senior player. We've got a lot of midfielders, he wouldn't get into many people's first 11 and there's quite a few young players that people always like to see rotate in. JFC ends up the odd one out in a lot of minds as a result. Bowyer is clearly a fan of him so I would be surprised to see him move on, but from a purely squad-building perspective he's an over 21 player in a position where we have lots of cover, and we really need to get in a striker and a bit of pace. With the wage cap some sacrifices might need to be made and he's the obvious one for it if it has to happen
  • Options
    The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

Steve Gallen was working on bringing in a striker since the window shut. 

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
    I'm extremely confident the Schwartz deal is agreed.
    Mind you if he's not played for 6 months, how fit will he be? 
    He's been playing in their reserves so should be fit, but may not be as sharp as we like.
  • Options
    I think the issue people have with JFC is he's not a first choice centre mid while also being a senior player. We've got a lot of midfielders, he wouldn't get into many people's first 11 and there's quite a few young players that people always like to see rotate in. JFC ends up the odd one out in a lot of minds as a result. Bowyer is clearly a fan of him so I would be surprised to see him move on, but from a purely squad-building perspective he's an over 21 player in a position where we have lots of cover, and we really need to get in a striker and a bit of pace. With the wage cap some sacrifices might need to be made and he's the obvious one for it if it has to happen
    I get that, but it's a busy season and injuries happen and you need depth in the squad, I agree we could shed some weight/spaces in Mid, but JFC seems an odd choice to me. Especially when he has experience of promotion in this league, re-signed earlier than most when the club was in total disarray, and has the ability to pass forwards and bring the ball up the field when the biggest complaints of the squad recently is that we spent most of the time in our own half with the ball around our defenders.
  • Options
    Kyle Vassell on some Facebook group is linked? Rotherham striker. 27. 6ft. Doesn’t score many. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Kyle Vassell on some Facebook group is linked? Rotherham striker. 27. 6ft. Doesn’t score many. 
    Linked by the same place that has linked Amos with a move to Wycombe in January, someone just making up rubbish
  • Options
    I get that, but it's a busy season and injuries happen and you need depth in the squad, I agree we could shed some weight/spaces in Mid, but JFC seems an odd choice to me. Especially when he has experience of promotion in this league, re-signed earlier than most when the club was in total disarray, and has the ability to pass forwards and bring the ball up the field when the biggest complaints of the squad recently is that we spent most of the time in our own half with the ball around our defenders.
    You have to look at our squad and make sure you have at least one player that plays in that same position. 

Deji and JFC are the players to make way in my opinion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen a lot of people calling for JFC to be released/moved on to free up wages, not sure why that is, I've always liked him and wouldn't be far off my first-team. Have I missed something? I don't watch all the games, seen probably 5 this season, and I don't think JFC was playing in any of those ones due to rotation?
    Agreed i saw him one game this season and he looked like he was one of our brighter players personally. Always good going forward and feel fitness is his main issue, i think people forget how good he was pre-injury? Maybe thats why people are quick to move him on?

He wasn’t great pre injury. He was reasonable in Karl robinsons poor team. Doubt we would have got promoted with him in the team ahead of Cullen 
  • Options

He wasn’t great pre injury. He was reasonable in Karl robinsons poor team. Doubt we would have got promoted with him in the team ahead of Cullen 
    Different players though, Bielik, Cullen, JFC and Aribo would have been a great diamond that season. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Surprised that Centre Half wasn't mentioned. 

Personally if Smyth went back to Qpr or Levitt returns to United I would like to see a centre half with a similar presence to Ryan Inniss signed. Liam Lindsay at Stoke? 

We have missed him badly since he got injured. Clearly if Fanewo goes back to Norwich we would need two players in this role. 
  • Options
    JFC wasn’t the first player that spring to mind in terms of outgoing players for me, I would have put Deji before him, I’m not sure he’s what we need to get out of this division, apologies for labouring a point, but it seems like we signed him ‘on a recommendation from Lyle, that’s not worked out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Richard J said:

Personally if Smyth went back to Qpr or Levitt returns to United I would like to see a centre half with a similar presence to Ryan Inniss signed. Liam Lindsay at Stoke? 

We have missed him badly since he got injured. Clearly if Fanewo goes back to Norwich we would need two players in this role. 
    With the salary cap we’re very limited on what we can bring in, so adding pace and creativity to our midfield and a goalscorer up front would improve us far more than strengthening our defence.

With everyone fit we have 8 defenders plus cover in Pratley and Barker. We know we can keep games tight and get clean sheets. Scoring goals is our problem, not defending.
    Agree about the depth. He doesn't seem to want blood Barker though. I am talking about a loan also because of the financial cap. 

I still feel we need a similar player to Inniss because in a short time he became integral to the way we played. 
  • Options
    JFC wasn’t the first player that spring to mind in terms of outgoing players for me, I would have put Deji before him, I’m not sure he’s what we need to get out of this division, apologies for labouring a point, but it seems like we signed him ‘on a recommendation from Lyle, that’s not worked out.
    I don't think Gallen and Bowyer would be signing players based on what another player has told them

• Options
    I don't think Gallen and Bowyer would be signing players based on what another player has told them
    No doubt as we've seen from Ronnie Schwartz and Ellis Simms (when @Sage recommended him) - Gallen and Bowyer are surely open to suggestions but they'll be the ones to make the final decision on whether we go for him after doing the proper research and scouting
  • Options
    I’m don’t know if it’s doable or likely to happen, but still think we need to bring in 5-6 players to get us over the line.
  • Options
    I’m don’t know if it’s doable or likely to happen, but still think we need to bring in 5-6 players to get us over the line.
    On paper we have 7-8 players comfortably good enough to be in a promotion winning team. Doughty a big loss, but another 2 should have us top 6 I say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never going to happen.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Never going to happen.
    It could if Famewo, Levitt, Doughty, and another get moved on which tbh I’m expecting at least three of these to happen
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Never going to happen.
    It could if Famewo, Levitt, Doughty, and another get moved on which tbh I’m expecting at least three of these to happen
    Be very shocked if Doughty goes in January given his injury. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Never going to happen.
    Be very shocked if Doughty goes in January given his injury. 
    If he totally rules out a new contract I think we’ll try and do a deal and hope he’ll stay with an English club. I think even with an injury some clubs might take a punt because of his potential
  • Options
    Deji is shit. I’ll drive him anywhere he wants to move to
  • Options
    The Lincoln pair .. defender Montsma and midfielder Grant
  • Options
    It's probably why you like him.
    I like him much more as well when he's not playing :smile:
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    Richard J said:

With the salary cap we’re very limited on what we can bring in, so adding pace and creativity to our midfield and a goalscorer up front would improve us far more than strengthening our defence.

With everyone fit we have 8 defenders plus cover in Pratley and Barker. We know we can keep games tight and get clean sheets. Scoring goals is our problem, not defending.
    Agree about the depth. He doesn't seem to want blood Barker though. I am talking about a loan also because of the financial cap. 

I still feel we need a similar player to Inniss because in a short time he became integral to the way we played. 
    Agree on an alternative to Innis, but that may have to wait until the summer when we can release Oshilaja.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

Steve Gallen was working on bringing in a striker since the window shut. 

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
    I'm extremely confident the Schwartz deal is agreed.
    Mind you if he's not played for 6 months, how fit will he be? 
    Ronnie Scwartz IF we can get him could be this season's Yann kermogant. Match fitness only comes with games but at least he did a pre season and has played a few cup games so let's hope his freshness helps.

I just feels that Thomas Sandgaard could be creative in how RS is paid without breaking the wage cap ?
  • Options
    Montsma at Lincoln is a very decent shout. He’s been great for them this year since signing.

But I make @scoham right that any defensive signings are unlikely. One out one in likely to be the policy I reckon.