Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    Any chance of this thread being binned, as it's moved a long way from the original question?
  • Options
    Rob said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Here we go with the victim routine. Not all your posts get ridiculed, but you do get stick for not listening to anything anyone else says or seeing their perspective, but then accuse people of doing exactly the same thing.

What you’re trying to achieve continually telling us about people (not even on here) not realising about Covid, I’m not quite sure.

The never ending cycle of this thread 🤣
    I think that whatever I post on this Covid thread I will get LOLs or people telling me stop posting.

You get ridiculed and LOL’d for many different reasons I’d imagine. To still be this paranoid about Covid this far on is deeply sad to some but I imagine humorous to others. The whole “oh so you think people dying of Covid is funny then?” act is so old and tiresome and probably laughable to some. You know full well that no one is or has ever laughed at death or illness, instead it’s at the same paranoia and the way you put things. Yet trotting out the above line obviously makes you happier. The complete refusal to ever admit that you were wrong or that some of your comments a few years ago were ill-advised at best is similar to the stubbornness of a child who can’t accept when they’ve been caught out by their parents. This, I’d expect also encourages a few LOLs. Oh, and the “Covid hasn’t gone away you know” thing always made me laugh because of the irony of you constantly saying it way before anyone even uttered those words. As I say, you’re not silly so I’m sure you know all this, but as others have said, it’s much easier to play the victim and pretend you think people are laughing at Covid itself.
    I posted yesterday about a study that links Covid infection to eye damage and 2 people LOLd that. It's hardly a laughing matter.
    Why do you think people think the subject of what you posted is a ‘laughing matter’? It’s not. So, maybe that’s a clue to tell you the LOL’s are aimed at you and not at COVID itself. Of course you probably know that after all this time but still you insist on posting in a similar vein, presumably to get a reaction. And then you do the guilt trip back to them, presumably to try to make them feel bad, which in turn can put the moderators in a difficult spot. I wish after all this time you would just respect other members of this forum as to their wishes without the, as I perceive it, passive aggressive responses to get a reaction. People aren’t trying to undermine your freedom of speech but people are put off by being repeatedly preached to. 
    I don't post to get a reaction, I post to inform, there is so little coverage given to the hundreds of studies pointing to the whole body dangers of Covid infection.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Here we go with the victim routine. Not all your posts get ridiculed, but you do get stick for not listening to anything anyone else says or seeing their perspective, but then accuse people of doing exactly the same thing.

What you’re trying to achieve continually telling us about people (not even on here) not realising about Covid, I’m not quite sure.

The never ending cycle of this thread 🤣
    I think that whatever I post on this Covid thread I will get LOLs or people telling me stop posting.

You get ridiculed and LOL’d for many different reasons I’d imagine. To still be this paranoid about Covid this far on is deeply sad to some but I imagine humorous to others. The whole “oh so you think people dying of Covid is funny then?” act is so old and tiresome and probably laughable to some. You know full well that no one is or has ever laughed at death or illness, instead it’s at the same paranoia and the way you put things. Yet trotting out the above line obviously makes you happier. The complete refusal to ever admit that you were wrong or that some of your comments a few years ago were ill-advised at best is similar to the stubbornness of a child who can’t accept when they’ve been caught out by their parents. This, I’d expect also encourages a few LOLs. Oh, and the “Covid hasn’t gone away you know” thing always made me laugh because of the irony of you constantly saying it way before anyone even uttered those words. As I say, you’re not silly so I’m sure you know all this, but as others have said, it’s much easier to play the victim and pretend you think people are laughing at Covid itself.
    I posted yesterday about a study that links Covid infection to eye damage and 2 people LOLd that. It's hardly a laughing matter.
    Why do you think people think the subject of what you posted is a ‘laughing matter’? It’s not. So, maybe that’s a clue to tell you the LOL’s are aimed at you and not at COVID itself. Of course you probably know that after all this time but still you insist on posting in a similar vein, presumably to get a reaction. And then you do the guilt trip back to them, presumably to try to make them feel bad, which in turn can put the moderators in a difficult spot. I wish after all this time you would just respect other members of this forum as to their wishes without the, as I perceive it, passive aggressive responses to get a reaction. People aren’t trying to undermine your freedom of speech but people are put off by being repeatedly preached to. 
    I don't post to get a reaction, I post to inform, there is so little coverage given to the hundreds of studies pointing to the whole body dangers of Covid infection.
    So you keep telling us.
    Again and again and again. 
    We get it.
  • Options
    Any chance of this thread being binned, as it's moved a long way from the original question?
    The post yesterday made reference to vaccines against Covid so it is very relevant to this thread, it revealed that 'one in four people with Long Covid will experience brain fog and one in three to four will develop anxiety or depression. However, the findings of the study, published in the journal General Hospital Psychiatry, suggest that full Covid vaccination makes sufferers four times less likely to have brain fog –  a term used to describe symptoms including poor concentration, feeling confused and cognitive impairment. '

Of course diagnosing mental health is not an exact science and is very much based on the person's own reporting of their symptoms. There is no test for ME/CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and it took many years for clinicians to recognise it as an actual condition. Nearly 2 million people in this country believe that they have Long Covid from the symptoms they have. The number is growing not getting smaller so it's not something that should be hidden.

Covid is too important a subject to be shut down just because someone doesn't like what I post. 

• Options
    edited May 22
    Redskin said:
    ME, I'd consider myself more sympathetic to the perspective you hold than most, but did you read the review article itself?

"It should be noted that the research summarised in this review is fundamentally descriptive, so causal attribution to acute COVID-19 disease is not possible." 

There may be a correlation between mental health and Long COVID, there may also be a correlation to a pandemic that led to millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear.
    Enforced lockdowns and its ruinous ramifications at every level and the Government's behavioural science unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda resulted in an inhumane societal stasis that undoubtedly gave rise to 'millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear'
    This post received a 'lol' which I can only imagine referred to the Government's behavioural science 'unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda...'
    Whoever posted it must have baulked at the notion of the Government being instructed by their own behavioural science unit to raise the population's fear levels as the diktat of 'social distancing' was perceived as not being adhered to in sufficient numbers.

In 2022, I posted this extract from SPI-B's recommendations to the Government on how this could be achieved:

Among the many other insidious diktats in the Government sponsored, Spi-B's Options for increasing adherence to social distancing measures, 22nd March 2022, were these 'observations':

A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened.

The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.

Hilarious...
  • Options
    Yea , we need to hit home to the public how serious this virus is, while we continue to have secret party's and gatherings and those pesky peasants in the general public can't even go their own grandparents funeral.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    ME, I'd consider myself more sympathetic to the perspective you hold than most, but did you read the review article itself?

"It should be noted that the research summarised in this review is fundamentally descriptive, so causal attribution to acute COVID-19 disease is not possible." 

There may be a correlation between mental health and Long COVID, there may also be a correlation to a pandemic that led to millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear.
    Enforced lockdowns and its ruinous ramifications at every level and the Government's behavioural science unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda resulted in an inhumane societal stasis that undoubtedly gave rise to 'millions experiencing financial hardship, isolation and fear'
    This post received a 'lol' which I can only imagine referred to the Government's behavioural science 'unit SPI-B subjecting the populace to a program of fear-based propaganda...'
    Whoever posted it must have baulked at the notion of the Government being instructed by their own behavioural science unit to raise the population's fear levels as the diktat of 'social distancing' was perceived as not being adhered to in sufficient numbers.

In 2022, I posted this extract from SPI-B's recommendations to the Government on how this could be achieved:

Among the many other insidious diktats in the Government sponsored, Spi-B's Options for increasing adherence to social distancing measures, 22nd March 2022, were these 'observations':

A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened.

The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.

Hilarious...
    Your view is ridiculous and parochial. What the U.K. government did in terms of Covid was largely the same as every other government worldwide. I realise you don’t believe that either the vaccines and those early measures of lockdown didn’t save live but you are 100% wrong and not acknowledging that fact makes all your posts hilarious.
    Your statement that, ' What the UK Government did in terms of Covid was largely the same as every other government worldwide' does not preclude all the disastrous ramifications that resulted from lockdowns. It's an inane statement.

I've never said the vaccines didn't save lives, they may well have done, but the trumpeting of Governments around the world and Big Pharma  that they did in their millions was reliant on manufactured modelling and nothing more. 
    It was, and remains, a wholly unquantifiable claim.

I've never said I didn't believe that 'early measures of lockdown didn't save lives', I said they merely deferred contagion which was the case. 
    That they saved lives is a baseless and unquantifiable assumption.

Your last point is really scraping the bottom of the asinine barrel.
    So, you think a verified, leaked document from the Government's Behavioural Science Agency, SPI-B, that proposed:

A substantial number of people still 
    do not feel sufficiently personally threatened.

The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging 
    are 'options' that break every single ethic and tenet of psychological practise is...hilarious.

You think when I posted that lockdowns were responsible for an 80%% rise in young people being referred to mental health care; Infant school children developing nervous tics, stammers and suffering panic attacks to say nothing of their arrested development; a rise in cases of suicides; domestic abuse; child abuse; the poor pushed further into a life of penury, to say nothing of the ruinous effect on the economy that we are still paying the price for, is: hilarious 

I've posted data from the ONS website that you and your ilk LOLed as it was in conflict with your obedient observance of the Covid orthodoxy.
    Data. From. The. ONS Website: hilarious.

That I'm '100% wrong' concerning all things vaccine/lockdown related is nothing more than willful self-delusion on your part, but I don't believe you're self-delusional to the point that you actually believe that everything I post is 'hilarious', rather, that you hope none of it is true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As my hen sanctuary has to be registered with DEFRA I’m alerted to any incidents of bird flu. This year there have been less than previous years and no national ‘flockdown’ where we have to take measures to protect the birds from wild birds. Fingers crossed this continues.
    From all the other stuff they send me Blue Tongue in cattle seems to be this year’s problem.
    H5N1 Bird Flu is pretty bad in the USA at the moment, having moved into cattle herds and other species.
    Yes but has so far successfully been contained in the US. Even Canada has been fine. So makes sense if bird flu is in a low year in the UK
  • Options
    Been really rough for over a week now. Cough, cold and zero energy. Done a few tests which have all come up negative but feel exactly as I did when I had Covid (apart from not losing my taste).
  • Options
    Been really rough for over a week now. Cough, cold and zero energy. Done a few tests which have all come up negative but feel exactly as I did when I had Covid (apart from not losing my taste).

We've been feeling the same for over three weeks now - quite a few guests at our son's wedding on the 4 May have had the same so must have been a bug that's doing the rounds. None has tested positive for Covid.
  • Options
    Amen 🙏🏼 brother 
  • Options
    gmantaxi said:
    Amen 🙏🏼 brother 
    If that was the only criteria for closing threads then this would be a very small forum.
  • Options
    As a fit, sport playing, DIY-ing, 29 year old male who is generally healthy and looks after himself I've had a really rough start to the year health wise. Lots of illnesses back to back, multiple bouts of flu type illnesses and an between feeling very low energy, regular brain fog, headaches, sore throats, colds, extreme fatigue etc. As soon as I try and push through it (which is my general approach in life) I've ended up bed-ridden for a week. 

Have been having investigations from Doctors for months now, as first they suspected mono/Glandular fever, been round the houses on other investigations for Cancer and liver/kidney failure (thankfully both all clear) I am now suspected of having long covid. 

I don't generally think COVID should be dominating our lives anymore and for the most part I am in the just get on with it camp. I have always thought a couple of small cultural changes would have benefited society coming out of the pandemic (these were suggested by JVT) things like if you are unwell (cold type illness) then stay at home if you possibly can, if you need to take public transport and are feeling unwell wear a mask to protect others, if you are visiting the elderly and are feeling unwell wear a mask. If these were commonplace as they are in lots of Asian countries I think we would be healthier. Beyond that I don't think the pandemic should really influence our lives. I will caution that by saying whatever it is that I have had since Christmas has absolutely knocked me for six an so many people have said I don't seem like the same person. Its killing me not being able to do the things I want to do. Some days the brain fog takes hours to clear, some days my eyes wont focus so I cant drive, some days the fatigue is so bad that as someone who previously worked out regularly I can barely get down the stairs without needing to sit down. 
  • Options
    edited May 28
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @cantersaddick. One of the main pieces of advice I've seen, is not to push yourself too much.

You don't have to have a bad Covid infection to get Long Covid and anyone of any age can get it.

Nearly 2 million in the UK with Long Covid according to the ONS. 

Far more people getting other illnesses than before 2020. Plenty of evidence that a Covid infection can affect the immune system. 

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @cantersaddick. One of the main pieces of advice I've seen, is not to push yourself too much.

You don't have to have a bad Covid infection to get Long Covid and anyone of any age can get it.

Far more people getting other illnesses than before 2020. Plenty of evidence that a Covid infection can affect the immune system. 

Thanks, I am hoping I am finally on the mend but its been a really tough few months. Pushing myself is a problem of mine, I always want to be busy and doing something (and since we bought a project house the to do list is never ending) so as soon as I feel better I crack on and then make myself worse again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks, I am hoping I am finally on the mend but it’s been a really tough few months. Pushing myself is a problem of mine, I always want to be busy and doing something (and since we bought a project house the to do list is never ending) so as soon as I feel better I crack on and then make myself worse again.
    Hope things improve Cants. Does it sound very much like PVFS. Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome?
  • Options

Thanks, I am hoping I am finally on the mend but it’s been a really tough few months. Pushing myself is a problem of mine, I always want to be busy and doing something (and since we bought a project house the to do list is never ending) so as soon as I feel better I crack on and then make myself worse again.
    Hope things improve Cants. Does it sound very much like PVFS. Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome?
    Cheers mate. Thats not something that has been mentioned by any of the medical professionals Ive spoken to but a quick google and its probably the most accurate description of how I've been feeling for nearly 6 months. 
  • Options
    edited May 28
    @cantersaddick the following is a link to the website for the ME Association and discusses the links between Long Covid and ME (chronic fatigue syndrome). It's over a year old but I hope you find it helpful.

From my own research into the various studies and hearing stories from people who have suffered from Long Covid, I know that in the early days Long Covid patients were advised to exercise, but this was found to make their symptoms worse and the advice is now very different, so take it easy.

https://meassociation.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/LONG-COVID-AND-MECFS-ARE-THEY-THE-SAME-CONDITION-MAY-2023.pdf
  • Options
    Mate who was hospitalised the first time round has it again, so he’s naturally nervy. 

Interesting that his symptoms are identical to the first time, just less acute. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your trials @cantersaddick. Here's hoping that you get on the road to recovery very shortly.
  • Options
    It's a terrible thing to always need to have the last word.
  • Options
    It's a terrible thing to always need to have the last word.
    No it isn't. :)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Sorry to hear of your trials @cantersaddick. Here's hoping that you get on the road to recovery very shortly.
    Thanks mate. 😊 
  • Options
    @cantersaddick the following is a link to the website for the ME Association and discusses the links between Long Covid and ME (chronic fatigue syndrome). It's over a year old but I hope you find it helpful.

From my own research into the various studies and hearing stories from people who have suffered from Long Covid, I know that in the early days Long Covid patients were advised to exercise, but this was found to make their symptoms worse and the advice is now very different, so take it easy.

https://meassociation.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/LONG-COVID-AND-MECFS-ARE-THEY-THE-SAME-CONDITION-MAY-2023.pdf
    Thanks. I'll admit that I hadn't heard of PVFS or CFS until SHG mentioned them to me but reading the descriptions it's like they've been watching me. Will need to do some more research.
  • Options

"At the pivotal point of Pfizer's vaccine approval in December 2020, there was a gross misrepresentation in what was presented publicly. Instead of the 6 deaths publicly disclosed, 4 placebo, 2 vaccinated, suggesting a benefit of vaccination, there were in fact 11 deaths with more deaths in the vaccinated arm....
    We found undisclosed deaths especially in the vaccinated arm of this clinical trial, in contravention to legal and ethical obligations of trial sponsors."

Dr Jeyanthi Kunadhasan, testifying before an Australian Senate Committee that in Pfizer’s own clinical trial there were more deaths in the vaccinated group than the placebo group.

https://x.com/i/status/1801129537465708928