Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Redrobo said:

On one extreme you have those who think people should have a jab that has only been trialed for a 5th(?) of the time new meds are usually tested. 

It has been trialed in the same way as all other vaccines, it's just that it was done under emergency conditions quicker.  It's only an argument for the misinformed.
    In which case it HASNT been trialed in the same way. This hasn't been 10+ years as is the case for ALL treatments called vaccines.. And I understand ALL Coronavirus clinical trials were abandoned previously. The one point you make that is true is yes ~ this one was pushed through quicker. I will be keen to read the findings when the clinical trial is completed in 2023. 
    Not the same, better. The sick, the old and most of the population have tested it now.
    Lets hope that you and all the people you may have infected are alive to read those results in 2023.
    May I also point out that in any trial, some humans have to volunteer to test a vaccine. I guess when the call came, you were hiding behind the settee.
    Its safe now, you can come out.

Aren't fully vaccinated people still getting covid, so therefore still able to pass it on?
    Yes and, speaking to my GP this evening ~ sadly in some cases dying in hospital also. I was under the impression that the vaccine eliminated this possibility of hospitalisation and death from covid~19. Very sad to learn this. 
    Eliminated ? A carefully chosen word by you is my guess. You obviously know enough to know that having two doses of vaccine  reduces the chances of hospitalisation by over 90%. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Redrobo said:

On one extreme you have those who think people should have a jab that has only been trialed for a 5th(?) of the time new meds are usually tested. 

It has been trialed in the same way as all other vaccines, it's just that it was done under emergency conditions quicker.  It's only an argument for the misinformed.
    In which case it HASNT been trialed in the same way. This hasn't been 10+ years as is the case for ALL treatments called vaccines.. And I understand ALL Coronavirus clinical trials were abandoned previously. The one point you make that is true is yes ~ this one was pushed through quicker. I will be keen to read the findings when the clinical trial is completed in 2023. 
    Not the same, better. The sick, the old and most of the population have tested it now.
    Lets hope that you and all the people you may have infected are alive to read those results in 2023.
    May I also point out that in any trial, some humans have to volunteer to test a vaccine. I guess when the call came, you were hiding behind the settee.

Aren't fully vaccinated people still getting covid, so therefore still able to pass it on?
    Yes and, speaking to my GP this evening ~ sadly in some cases dying in hospital also. I was under the impression that the vaccine eliminated this possibility of hospitalisation and death from covid~19. Very sad to learn this. 
    Eliminated ? A carefully chosen word by you is my guess. You obviously know enough to know that having two doses of vaccine  reduces the chances of hospitalisation by over 90%. 
    I'll be in the 10% my luck
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Redrobo said:

You should start looking up the facts then. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Redrobo said:

And we’re supposed to take your opinion seriously. If you’ve only just learned this, you really haven’t been paying attention at all. 
    He has. He’s just stirring the pot. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Redrobo said:

And we’re supposed to take your opinion seriously. If you’ve only just learned this, you really haven’t been paying attention at all. 
    He has. He’s just stirring the pot. 
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    This is the world now, things need to be black and white, binary, absolute. I never expected a vaccine to elimate people passing away from the disease but to increase chances of survival for those most at risk, minimise symptoms for those who get infected same as the flu jab which in turn limits the passing on of the pox to anyone on the same train carriage as the guy who has never called in sick from work because he only has a cough. 

I really fucking hate people sometimes, the world I don't think has ever been more selfish, self-absorbed or needy, the western world at least. I had a vaccine same as why I wear a mask still. It isn't so I can lock eyes with some div in Tescos who isn't wearing one to have a row, them call me a sheep and me punch a few of their teeth out. Its so, if, if I am carrying this virus about that has the potential to not just kill people but kill people in a really undignified way then it limits the chance if me giving it to someone else. And also importantly, I wear one in the same way I'd take a hood down if I was wearing one when I walked past an old person because I know that can freak them out. 

I've never been against critical thinking or hoping against the grain, some of the stuff I've seen though is just nonsense. Yes question stuff but in times like this show something resembling community spirit. 

Excellent post.
  • Options
    Anti vaxxers protesting outside schools is a new low for these idiots. 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/anti-vaxxers-protest-outside-school-gates-253455/
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    0% chance of me or Mrs Molloy taking a DNA-affecting "vaccine" that is in fact not a vaccine but a pre-infection treatment i.e. the Pfizer and Moderna products.
    Go on then, how does the moderna vaccine affect your DNA. Looking forward to this.

Since you asked
    https://www.spectator.com.au/2023/09/scientists-shocked-and-alarmed-at-whats-in-the-mrna-shots/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    0% chance of me or Mrs Molloy taking a DNA-affecting "vaccine" that is in fact not a vaccine but a pre-infection treatment i.e. the Pfizer and Moderna products.
    Go on then, how does the moderna vaccine affect your DNA. Looking forward to this.

Since you asked
    https://www.spectator.com.au/2023/09/scientists-shocked-and-alarmed-at-whats-in-the-mrna-shots/

Very interesting, thank you. Article is very speculative, but the bit about reverse transcription into liver cell lines in vitro got me reading a couple papers, so there is a potential mechanism
  • Options
    Should note that there is no actual evidence of the vaccine being transcribed into a human cell line in Vivo (though the virus itself can)
  • Options
    Im not an anti vaxer by any stretch but my mother in law was told yesterday at her doctors that in Wales anyone over 65 will be invited for a vaccine every 3 months. Not sure I would be doing that tbh
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Im not an anti vaxer by any stretch but my mother in law was told yesterday at her doctors that in Wales anyone over 65 will be invited for a vaccine every 3 months. Not sure I would be doing that tbh
    I’m not that knowledgeable about the vaccine roll out in Wales but I find that very hard to believe. In fact I’d say it’s a mistake.
  • Options
    No more for me. Last one was injected in the wrong spot and doc says I have a possible permanent injury (aka s.i.r.v.a). Not happy. Swimming helping to ease it, and slightly more hopeful for the longer term.
  • Options

The relevance of the discovery of far higher than prescribed maximum levels of DNA in some vials is that it may explain this - the persistence in the bodies of vaccinated people for 6 months, potentially indefinitely, of vaccine-specific spike proteins (of different characteristics to those resulting from Covid infection) and their presence throughout the body, i.e. not confined to the injection site - both of these findings contrary to the claims of the manufacturers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/new-study-detects-spike-protein-in-vaccinated-6-months-after-covid-19-vaccination-researchers-suggest-3-possible-reasons-5488364?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheChiefNerd&src_src=partner&src_cmp=TheChiefNerd

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Booked in for next Tuesday 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Bearing in mind we'll be in the air for 4+ hours a week on Friday, (Air Traffic Control permitting) we took up the invitation for Wrinkly's boosters on Sunday. 

Mr F hasn't felt any issues but I'm feeling OK again following 2 days of aching, shivering & headaches. But feel it's a small price to pay....

Mind you, I DID read on the leaflet regarding possible side effects that Tingles might be somewhat diminished .
  • Options
    Got mine tomorrow, along with the flu jab.
  • Options
    Just out of interest @PeanutsMolloy do you only read far right news outlets?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I don't understand why some are perfectly happy to believe that excess deaths are caused by a vaccine, but are not prepared to accept that Covid can, and does still kill people. As @ShootersHillGuru said we still don't know enough either way to be certain.

There are still concerns over the long term effects of Covid on the body by medical professionals, not usually put into the mainstream media, but printed in reputable medical publications. 

• Options

The relevance of the discovery of far higher than prescribed maximum levels of DNA in some vials is that it may explain this - the persistence in the bodies of vaccinated people for 6 months, potentially indefinitely, of vaccine-specific spike proteins (of different characteristics to those resulting from Covid infection) and their presence throughout the body, i.e. not confined to the injection site - both of these findings contrary to the claims of the manufacturers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/new-study-detects-spike-protein-in-vaccinated-6-months-after-covid-19-vaccination-researchers-suggest-3-possible-reasons-5488364?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheChiefNerd&src_src=partner&src_cmp=TheChiefNerd

Genuine question mate, what makes you think the Epoch times is a better source of news than the so-called mainstream media (Sky, BBC, CNN)?  

Because if I was to switch from Sky/BBC/CNN to Epoch News I’d want to know its sources and how it regulates its content from the get go?  Appreciate MSM isn’t perfect by the way but I can find out their journalists in seconds, where they studied, where they’re from, their possible biases etc.
  • Options
    I can't open the Epoch times article. That's fine because it refers to a study. I'd like to see that study if there's a link or reference to it in the article. 
  • Options
    Had my Pfizer jab yesterday, the flu jab 10 days before that. No discomfort beyond a tender arm around the injection area.