Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    6% went for very unlikely.  Interesting to know their reasons.

Now the information is out there to get an understanding of the Vaccines.

Pfizer is a mRNA vaccine where the Oxford university vaccine is more traditional and came to fruition because Professor Sarah Gilbert had studied Flu vaccines for 3 Decades. As well as MERS when she went to the middle East to study the effects of that epidemic. 

Personally I would rather my son and Daughter have their vaccines before me as they both have jobs where you can't work from home. 

I will have mine when it's my turn as we need everyone to be a team player.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I think I’ve changed my mind and would now have it.
    Respect for having the courage to say that.
    Thanks @Redrobo, not sure I’m being courageous though thanks for saying so. I just wanted better information and i now think there is.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I have just got my invitation to be vaccinated. After much thought and in deference to my wife I have booked in for this Thursday.
    My initial fears aren’t completely gone but on balance it seems to be the right thing to do.
    Good for you 
  • Options
    I was always pretty sure I would have it but went through a phase of questioning safety etc.

Not sure why looking back - I’m all in now and couldn’t imagine ever not being tbh. The vaccination programme has potential to be one of our finest achievements as a country.
    Indeed 
  • Options
    More to the point .
    How many of us are going to take the flu jab this winter ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More to the point .
    Not sure that’s particularly relevant to this debate. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    More to the point .
    Not me, it hasn’t been recommended for me to take it by the experts (over 50s the NHS says), but the coronavirus jab has so I’ve had both jabs.  
  • Options
    The experts are saying that the flu will be worse than the covid this winter .
    So take the Jab .
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    Show me where it says that on the NHS website relating to 34 year old me??
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I've had mine, mainly because I didn't want the earache from family and my Dr etc. but, for me, this is one of those times when I can understand both side of the argument. There hasn't been anything anyone has said, or I have thought about that would make me one side or the other. 

On one extreme you have those who think people should have a jab that has only been trialed for a 5th(?) of the time new meds are usually tested. Then the other extreme are those that think its timed to kill everyone.

I think its a personal choice. I definitely don't agree with any kind of restriction put on those who haven't had it.

I had mine in Feb / March, but I don't think I would have it now. Least of all because last time I heard WHO were saying that people like me, on immunosuppressive medication shouldn't have it.

I think the lack of take-up there has been from medical professionals here in France is quite telling. Although, that might have changed, I've not read up on covid for a good few months.

• Options
    Very happy I had both as when I then caught Covid it barely affected me.  Sadly 3 weeks after catching it and 16 days of being negative and my little girl gave me Norovirus.  I had forgotten other viruses existed.  If only they had a vaccine for this horribleness.
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    It  probably doesn't relate directly to 34 year olds but flu, real flu is a killer. A few year back  a good friend of mine, who was relatively young and healthy, spent 2 weeks in an induced coma with flu. A nurse in the ICU  told me its the same every winter for their unit, loads of cases.
    If you are offered a flu jab, take it, I had one for the first time last year and haven't grown a spare head or had anything drop off.
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    It  probably doesn't relate directly to 34 year olds but flu, real flu is a killer. A few year back  a good friend of mine, who was relatively young and healthy, spent 2 weeks in an induced coma with flu. A nurse in the ICU  told me its the same every winter for their unit, loads of cases.
    If you are offered a flu jab, take it, I had one for the first time last year and haven't grown a spare head or had anything drop off.
    I agree mate, the point Im making is that we should all listen to the advice, as in NHS, their experts including your GP.  Not research you found online.  If Im offered it I will take it absolutely but I will never get one due to word of mouth or a hunch if that makes sense.
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    I agree mate, the point Im making is that we should all listen to the advice, as in NHS, their experts including your GP.  Not research you found online.  If Im offered it I will take it absolutely but I will never get one due to word of mouth or a hunch if that makes sense.
    Glad about that and agree with you. I hate the "I've done my research crowd" meaning twitter, face book and instergram. I thought we were heading down the anti vax line. But I have just came back from the pub and didnt really read the thread properly.

• Options
    So take the Jab .
    @BR7_addick
    Historically the flu vaccine has only been offered to those over sixty and those who are deemed to be clinically vulnerable. That decision has been made on a cost / benefit equation. Those under sixty at less risk due to their age. That’s not the same as the vaccine not being advisable to those under sixty if cost wasn’t an issue. All staff members in the NHS are offered the flu jab regardless of age. If I were 34 years old and wasn’t offered a free flu vaccine, particularly this winter, I would pay the tenner and have it done at the chemist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Question for the mods. @Stig
    could we run a new survey of how many of us have actually taken the vaccines. Would be very useful to compare this survey from early days of the vaccines as opposed to the reality now. Perhaps expand to ask if vaccine passports required for foreign travel and domestic access would encourage the no’s to have the jabs.

Pubs don't even make you scan into venues anymore, vaccine passports will probably never be a thing. Vaccines won't excuse me from a lockdown in my own country, if and when they happen again. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Question for the mods. @Stig
    could we run a new survey of how many of us have actually taken the vaccines. Would be very useful to compare this survey from early days of the vaccines as opposed to the reality now. Perhaps expand to ask if vaccine passports required for foreign travel and domestic access would encourage the no’s to have the jabs.

Pubs don't even make you scan into venues anymore, vaccine passports will probably never be a thing. Vaccines won't excuse me from a lockdown in my own country, if and when they happen again. 
    I agree
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    Glad about that and agree with you. I hate the "I've done my research crowd" meaning twitter, face book and instergram. I thought we were heading down the anti vax line. But I have just came back from the pub and didnt really read the thread properly.

You've just come back from the pub at 3pm?
  • Options
    Ive been holding out here in Sydney for the Pfizer jab which is in very short supply. Spoke to my GP yesterday and he won't give me special compensation to get it....I fall one year out of the age range, and he said the government are reserving supplies for younger people. Lovely....

The Aussie government has been so lapse......they recently got bailed out with 1 million Pfizer vaccines donated by the Polish Government....they had a good 12 months to think about and reserve a vaccine, but because we had so few cases they just didn't bother until it was too late.

The Delta variant hit these shores and since then the various states have been running around like headless chickens, its been farcical.

So reluctantly (from a health issue situation) Ive booked the Astra Zeneca Jab for Monday. I really want to come home as soon as the opportunity arises to fly again, so Ive got no choice but to take the only alternative.
  • Options
    So take the Jab .

You've just come back from the pub at 3pm?
    Yes but I didn’t get in there much before 1. Team building 😉 
    I bought a pint yesterday, a pale ale, £6.35. 

• Options
    It will be interesting to see if the Government attempts to produce a vaccine passport at events like football matches. I have no idea how they attempt to enforce it?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Ive been holding out here in Sydney for the Pfizer jab which is in very short supply. Spoke to my GP yesterday and he won't give me special compensation to get it....I fall one year out of the age range, and he said the government are reserving supplies for younger people. Lovely....

The Aussie government has been so lapse......they recently got bailed out with 1 million Pfizer vaccines donated by the Polish Government....they had a good 12 months to think about and reserve a vaccine, but because we had so few cases they just didn't bother until it was too late.

The Delta variant hit these shores and since then the various states have been running around like headless chickens, its been farcical.

So reluctantly (from a health issue situation) Ive booked the Astra Zeneca Jab for Monday. I really want to come home as soon as the opportunity arises to fly again, so Ive got no choice but to take the only alternative.
    Not really sure why you’re obsessing about a preference for Pfizer over AZ. The data is not very different in the big scheme of things. Get any vaccine you can would be my advice. 
  • Options
    So take the Jab .
    Not heard that Stu……in what way do they mean worse?
    More cases or a more life threatening variant?