Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Comments

• Options
    iamdan said:
    Any news on his sons?
    I knew I was going to be way too late for this one when I saw there were 60 comments, but fast work...
  • Options
     Curious what ideas he has to boost the commercial side especially in a post COVID environment. 

Not easy to generate income at the best of times so will be interested to see if we do some radically new things or the existing things better (or of course both!). 

Will there be interesting things to get more fans to spend more ?
  • Options
    Give him a bucket of fresh tarmac and fill those bloody holes in the car park in! Then it's Sparrows Lane and that bloody trench...  chop chop!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Wasnt Sandgaard put in touch with Varney due to his link with Joma?

Wonder if that was this fella

Goatee and jacket with t-shirt. It's a no from me.
    Mini-Sandgaard...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Wasnt Sandgaard put in touch with Varney due to his link with Joma?

Wonder if that was this fella

Goatee and jacket with t-shirt. It's a no from me.
    Mini-Sandgaard...
    yep, they can both f*ck off  ;)
  • Options
    Has he got a Masters degree from Manchester Uni ? If not it's a step down from our last commercial guru !

Who knows how he will pan out but once again a sign that TS isnt messing about which is all positive.

My only worry is LB had better start winning some games 5-4 soon 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Reminds me of when we brought Paul Hart in back when the spivs were in charge and we got excited about their 5 year plan. Just waiting for Sandgaard to have a scrap with the Madrid police now.

In hindsight, seeing Slater getting decked was a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    That photo looks like a little lion man to me.
    In the mane.
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Mumford

Is this the guy? Another Welshman to go with with our 3 Welsh internationals!
  • Options
    Sounds like a good appointment.

As an aside, there's still no mention of Ged Roddy on the OS staff list.

Does that mean it didnt/hasn't happened?

However. I'm pleased to report Paul Elliott is no longer our owner!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Admittedly don’t know anything about him, but another incredibly impressive CV working at big clubs across Europe.

This again feels similar to Ged Roddy’s appointment, setting the foundations behind the scenes with experienced and quality individuals. People who should be able to implement the vision and strategy off the pitch to enable us to grow and become successful on the pitch.

We are so lucky to have Sandgaard, I really do believe that. 
    Isn’t it working WITH those clubs, rather than at?
    Yes with and not at, doesn’t seem as though he was employed by them but worked closely alongside.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Can anyone add some detail to his "excellent CV" as all we seem to know is that he has worked at a lot of large clubs - but doing what?
    A quick search on LinkedIn says he represents All Football, which is the biggest global football information app in the world, with over 80 million members. He is their development manager. He’s worked with international businesses who look to get into the sports and leisure sector.

Seems like he’ll fit well with the role. He will have a huge range of connections and networks that could be used to increase the club’s profile and in turn, finances and reputation.
    thanks Sage, I don't do Linkedin
    No problem :smile:
  • Options
    Any chance they will start selling season tickets again? You’d think if fans wanted to give the Club money they’d want to take it.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I provide turn-key solutions for investors, companies and worldwide brands who want to get involved with the sports market. I represent All Football, which is the biggest global football information app in the world, with over 80 million members. I have more than 15 years experience in the sports, leisure and lifestyle market. I have worked with players, global national teams and the most famous clubs in the world. I’ve helped global blue chip brands locate strategic partners in the sports arena.

Congratulations Henry, I thought you were retired  :)
    You’re thinking that because of his wardrobe right
  • Options
    Looks like an excellent appointment.
    I would point out it says he's worked with all those top clubs not employed by those clubs.
    So he may have just done some deals/work for them short term.
    Good point, I was thinking he moves around quite a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Is anyone going to accept a sponsored / branded stadium ... 🤔
    Yes why not they can call it what they want, it will always be The Valley
  • Options

Congratulations to Wayne, it’s a very positive appointment for #cafc & good news for #cact too. I know from working with him during his time at #Joma that he appreciates the importance commercially of a close working relationship between the club & CACT. I wish him every success.
    I see Sunderland is crawling already to get the after dinner work for the Club  ;)
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Congratulations to Wayne, it’s a very positive appointment for #cafc & good news for #cact too. I know from working with him during his time at #Joma that he appreciates the importance commercially of a close working relationship between the club & CACT. I wish him every success.
    I see Sunderland is crawling already to get the after dinner work for the a proper Club  ;)

• Options
    Yes, but how tall is he?
  • Options
    clive said:

Mumford has worked with some of the biggest football clubs in the world including Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, Real Madrid and Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

Which shows the importance of grammar.  "...Juventus and Real Madrid, and Wolverhampton Wanderers." makes sense, as written it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    The question is why would he leave his own successful agency to work for a league one club?

Perhaps the ambition and financial backing of TS makes it a good move for WM, as with Roddy.

He mentions the All Football app. I've never heard of it but sounds big.

He then mentions blue chip companies and partners which I guess will be his aim at Charlton.

How possible or realistic is that in league one or even the championship.

It is certainly thinking big from TS.

I look forward to our official airline partner, car partner, soft drink partner, etc etc
    It is pretty usual in this situation for the role to be part time and for him to still be involved in with his agency, so I would not rule out a 'part time' role so he can do both.

MPs on company boards and running the country seems fine, so why not a commercial head at a league one club....
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Any news on his sons?
    No room for nepotism.