Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone add some detail to his "excellent CV" as all we seem to know is that he has worked at a lot of large clubs - but doing what?
    I’d hazard a guess it wasn’t washing the players kit.
  • Options
    Played 7 games for Birmingham apparently.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Anyone else laugh when they read "...and Wolverhampton Wanderers"?
    Yeah, it should have said Portugal.
  • Options
    Yet another very welcome sign that Thomas really means it when he says he’s here for the long haul and with serious ambitions. Like Ged Roddy, a strategic appointment of high quality. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Can anyone add some detail to his "excellent CV" as all we seem to know is that he has worked at a lot of large clubs - but doing what?
    A quick search on LinkedIn says he represents All Football, which is the biggest global football information app in the world, with over 80 million members. He is their development manager. He’s worked with international businesses who look to get into the sports and leisure sector.

Seems like he’ll fit well with the role. He will have a huge range of connections and networks that could be used to increase the club’s profile and in turn, finances and reputation.
    thanks Sage, I don't do Linkedin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SamB09 said:
    Welcome.

Sounds like a sensible and, no disrespect to Ravi who's done a great job, necessary appointment.

Has Ravi been fired?
    No
  • Options
    He's called Wayne? Anyone who's called Wayne, then it's a no from me.

• Options
    Looks like an excellent appointment.
    I would point out it says he's worked with all those top clubs not employed by those clubs.
    So he may have just done some deals/work for them short term.
  • Options
    Excellent appointment. Another sign of the commitment and vision of our new owner. Very positive and encouraging. Putting the off the field pieces into place are as important as the on the field pieces. This really is good news. Thomas is filling all the gaps that are a leftover from the Duchatelet era.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Admittedly don’t know anything about him, but another incredibly impressive CV working at big clubs across Europe.

This again feels similar to Ged Roddy’s appointment, setting the foundations behind the scenes with experienced and quality individuals. People who should be able to implement the vision and strategy off the pitch to enable us to grow and become successful on the pitch.

We are so lucky to have Sandgaard, I really do believe that. 
    Isn’t it working WITH those clubs, rather than at?
  • Options
    good addition for sandgaards vets team when we have the tournament in denmark 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Can we get rid of that other little prick yet?
    Solly has left 😉
    Ooooh, Harsh! ;)
    It was. I withdraw the comment.
  • Options
     From LinkedIn

I provide turn-key solutions for investors, companies and worldwide brands 

Behind liquid, the turning of a key variety is probably my favourite solution 
  • Options
    Is anyone going to accept a sponsored / branded stadium ... 🤔
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Chunes said:
    When are we appointing Keohane's replacement
    Here he is.

Swedish Chef - Wikipedia
    Sorry, but this really tickled my whistle!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's all very well having a great CV but will he have the expertise of Southall in ripping clubs and people off, that's what I'd like to know?