Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pies

Comments

• Options
    Almost any pie without garlic, lots of pepper or spices (which I hate). Unfortunately, these days most have these in, not sure if it is good for you or just to disguise the fact that there is so little meat the pie would be tasteless.
  • Options
    Steak and kidney pie

Steak and Ale Pie

Chicken pie - must be with chicken gravy, not that white sauce shit.
  • Options
    I made a quick & easy chicken and ham pie over the weekend. We had some chicken breasts that were about to go out of date so made the filling with condensed chicken soup, a bit of milk, lemon juice, parsley, seasoning and toped it off with some ready rolled puff pastry.

Not quite haute cuisine but tasted pretty good.
    Hello Gordon Ramsay. 
  • Options
    Pukka pies mince the kidney, hence the 'extra' gravey. Peters pies don't so you do get pieces of kidney.  Anyone recommend a Steak and Kidney pudding which, personally,  i think trumps any pie?
  • Options
    Probably sacrilege to pie lovers, but Pukka Pies have been £1 each in Morrisons for ages and I'm regularly topping up for pie mash and gravy once a week (some broccoli added to keep the wife and two of the kids happy).
  • Options
    Kidney is an unnecessary and disgusting addition to anything. You don't need to eat it 

Liver is the same, rotten stuff 
  • Options
    Love them both! Each to their own
  • Options
    Like a bushhtucker trial eating either 

• Options
    when I worked in Singapore, found an Australian brand of frozen pies that were microwavable and didn't go soggy which were fantastic.

Pair that up with the instant mash and gravy from the vending machine in the 7-11 shop opposite, and that was a great 5 minute dinner.
  • Options
    Well at least you have tried them . When did you do the bushtucker challenge to reach that conclusion?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wha 

No man draw back a step, we used to get fed all sorts of shit like that as a kid why would I have done one of them trials. Its a metaphor/figurative speak
  • Options
    Theres a pie place near me that I have been desperate to try!

Might be done this weekend....

https://www.piecaramba.co.uk/
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Wha 

No man draw back a step, we used to get fed all sorts of shit like that as a kid why would I have done one of them trials. Its a metaphor/figurative speak
    I enjoy both and get where you are coming from but Liver & Bacon cooked the correct way just melts in the mouth. Good quality liver not over cooked and left slightly pink is about as tender as you can get.
  • Options

Can't beat the classic Steak and Kidney or Steak and Ale pie.

Dennis of Bexley do some great pies, as do Ginger Pig at borough market.

For Match-day pies can't beat Piebury Corner at Arsenal. Definitely best matchday pie I've had.

• Options
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned cream pie yet.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    when I worked in Singapore, found an Australian brand of frozen pies that were microwavable and didn't go soggy which were fantastic.

Pair that up with the instant mash and gravy from the vending machine in the 7-11 shop opposite, and that was a great 5 minute dinner.
    Years ago whilst in Oz I got a liking for theirs, 4 and 20 I think they were called.
  • Options
    Where's Dave?
  • Options
    If you want a really good pie - the Gardeners. 
  • Options
    Does apple and clove crumble count as a pie?
    Or apple and blackberry?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Where's Dave?
    Straining his condensed chicken soup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Where's Dave?
    Straining his condensed chicken soup.
    That's one way of putting it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Or apple and blackberry?
    Crumble aint pastry! 
    Delicious though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Or apple and blackberry?
    Crumble aint pastry! 
    Delicious though.
    Love crumble, must he hot, with cold custard.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Or apple and blackberry?
    Crumble aint pastry! 
    Delicious though.
    It's not just me who likes cold custard then. My wife always takes the piss when I have it with crumble or apple pie.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Or apple and blackberry?
    Crumble aint pastry! 
    Delicious though.
    It's not just me who likes cold custard then. My wife always takes the piss when I have it with crumble or apple pie.
    No sir. Hot pie, crumble.....or whatever.....always with cold custard. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Next time any of you visit Carrow Road check out their pies available at all kiosk outlets at the ground, I believe they do two or three different ones.
    I remember going to a Boxing Day game there a few haircuts back......they had a Christmas Pie special on sale, absolutely stonking bit of grub, so good that despite the queue, I went back and got another.
    Their pies are quite simply superb.
    Though when we will next find ourselves in Norwich at Carrow Road , God alone knows?

• Options

This pie is great for veggies and also has paneer in it.
  • Options
    I like all sorts of pies but we make a mean leftover turkey and ham pie at Christmas. Includes leeks, orange (juice and zest), sherry, wholegrain mustard, tarragon, single cream and chicken stock. Really nice and tasty filling with a puff pastry topping. Has become a bit of a Christmas tradition. It's a Paul Hollywood recipe and you can pull the recipe off the BBC Food website.
    Sounds incredible. I'll look it up. 
    Here you go. Am sure the pie purists can add a pastry base.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/leftover_turkey_and_ham_95969

• Options
    Been away from the uk for too long to be able to enjoy a decent British pie. 
    Here in the states, you can get one of those big chicken and veg pies to cook at home, but it’s not the same. 
    I’ve recently discovered salteñas though - Bolivian pastry, similar to a Cornish pasty but with hot meat veg and gravy filling. Very good.

However, if you ever get a chance to go to New Zealand, their attitude to pies is awesome.
    Pretty much any town you go to, there are Pie Shops (about as common as Fish and Chip Shops in the uk) and the range of fillings and varieties is brilliant. Hot, cold, exotic, traditional, spicy, plain, meat, veggie, whatever. 
    And that’s without talking about the sausage rolls. 😋
  • Options
    Does a cheese and bean melt from Greggs count as a pie?