Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghosts - Anyone claim to have seen one?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    So this isn't really ghosts, 
    But last Saturday my nan passed away who I was immensely close with. 

However about 3 weeks ago before anyone knew my nan was ill I had an extraordinary experience, 

I'm not one for ghosts etc however I was working at a school on my own one night on the phone to my partner sitting on a bench in school hall, I looked down the corridor and I could see what looked like a branch next to a big paper tree the kids had made swinging which looked to me like a dog's tail wagging at some pace too, I was mesmerised with it staring at it for 30 seconds after eventually walking away. 

Then after the call I looked back down the hall way and it wasn't there anymore. I walked to the tree and spent a good 10/15 mins trying to explain what had happened and I come to the conclusion it was unexplainable. From that evening that was when nan went down hill and fast. She sadly passed Saturday morning with a short battle with what looks like cancer. 

Other family members had extraordinary experience too with dresses moving and seeing lights around time of death. 

But I can't explain to you how unbelievable and life changing that experience was to me now after all this has happened, I was so calm and it made me feel at ease. It has made me deal with it so much better and I'm not scared of death anymore as there is definitely something out there reaching us I keep thinking it was grandad telling me it'll be ok.
  • Options
    Exactly, most people carry around a phone/camera with them these days and most of the ghosts are camera shy.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Exactly, most people carry around a phone/camera with them these days and most of the ghosts are camera shy.
    If you believed in this stuff, you'd simply twist it that the modern technology disrupts the devices ability to capture it.

Haven't seen god or any sign of him in my life time either. Yet people keep telling me he's there watching and listening.

Puts me right off my custard dipped self gratification marathons.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If you believed in this stuff, you'd simply twist it that the modern technology disrupts the devices ability to capture it.

Haven't seen god or any sign of him in my life time either. Yet people keep telling me he's there watching and listening.

Puts me right off my custard dipped self gratification marathons.
    Perhaps he's banged up with all the other 70s nonces now.
  • Options
    I saw 10 ghosts last Saturday. All in grey and largely invisible
  • Options
    Very much on the fence with it, won't laugh at someone the same way I won't laugh at someone for being religious as it gets people by. I do always challenge it however.

The majority of my family have ghost stories. My uncle was a paramedic and some of the stuff he tells me is bonkers.

Anyway my only thing ever was I was on my pc in the front room, my aunt left the house and said bye etc. Was only me left. Was a proper hot day, all of a sudden I felt a massive breeze, like actually went really cold and I don't really get hold, really hot person. So naturally I turn around and quite literally the front room is a tip, stuff on the floor, draws open, cupboards etc. So I thought ok I'll just act like nothing happened, I still to this day don't know if the room was messy before I looked around as I had my back to it. My aunt came back and I said did she make a mess frantically looking for her keys and open every draw etc and she couldn't remember. She's usually very tidy so I put it down to a case of she was in a hurry and was trying to find her keys and forgot, I had the ol' someone stepped over my grave and got a shiver, still don't know why the wind happened and the noise.

Ultimately I think the brain is an incredible thing, I got high as a kite once at a house in the schticks with my mates in Wales with nothing around us but green land. Anyway I went toilet and was adamant I could hear them discussing how they were going to kill me. Locked myself in the bathroom and didn't leave for at least half an hour before I thought I'm being ridiculous. Mind can really play tricks on you
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It's not really ghost related but I have experienced deja vu a remarkable amount of times, so much so to the point where I've been able to finish the sentence of someone I've never met one time. That was a weird one.

I also suffered from sleep paralysis for about 6 years or so, I would say roughly I would get it anywhere between 50-100 times a year at a guess. Everytime I recover from it I always and I mean always look up at my ceiling and hallucinate some spiders walking along, even if I try not to think about it. Always find that odd

Anyway I wish there was ghosts, life can be pretty dry, always wanted there to be something more to it all as I'm agnostic 
  • Options

However about 3 weeks ago before anyone knew my nan was ill I had an extraordinary experience, 

I'm not one for ghosts etc however I was working at a school on my own one night on the phone to my partner sitting on a bench in school hall, I looked down the corridor and I could see what looked like a branch next to a big paper tree the kids had made swinging which looked to me like a dog's tail wagging at some pace too, I was mesmerised with it staring at it for 30 seconds after eventually walking away. 

Then after the call I looked back down the hall way and it wasn't there anymore. I walked to the tree and spent a good 10/15 mins trying to explain what had happened and I come to the conclusion it was unexplainable. From that evening that was when nan went down hill and fast. She sadly passed Saturday morning with a short battle with what looks like cancer. 

Other family members had extraordinary experience too with dresses moving and seeing lights around time of death. 

But I can't explain to you how unbelievable and life changing that experience was to me now after all this has happened, I was so calm and it made me feel at ease. It has made me deal with it so much better and I'm not scared of death anymore as there is definitely something out there reaching us I keep thinking it was grandad telling me it'll be ok.
    I worked as a therapist with lots of bereaved people. A lot of them were almost embarrassed to bring up the subject of things they’d seen/heard - all of which gave them comfort and a knowing that all was OK. Having had similar experiences myself I feel sure that there is something out there that we can’t understand from what we know right now, but it is something that makes me feel safe and less anxious about death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I always remember the day of my Grandad's funeral all of us going back to his flat sitting in the front room and out of the corner of my eye with where I was sitting I could see the bathroom across the hallway and a glass panel above it but what I noticed or believed I had seen was the bathroom light turn off by itself. I even made the point of asking someone if anyone was in the bathroom and we couldn't account for anyone missing. I didn't explain why and just kept it to myself. To this day I'm still convinced of what I saw as if it was a message from my Grandad saying he was with us that day.
  • Options

I worked as a therapist with lots of bereaved people. A lot of them were almost embarrassed to bring up the subject of things they’d seen/heard - all of which gave them comfort and a knowing that all was OK. Having had similar experiences myself I feel sure that there is something out there that we can’t understand from what we know right now, but it is something that makes me feel safe and less anxious about death.
    100 percent, it's so weird how whenever I tell people they say how terrifying and scared I must of felt, I look back at it now and I had a sense of calm and just a warm sensation, as I say the weird thing was I didn't know about my nan being in pain yet. Things just didn't make sense. 

But yes your right after what I've experienced I'm with you, there is definitely something out the ordinary, and I can't thank whoever or whatever that was enough for me. 
  • Options

I always remember the day of my Grandad's funeral all of us going back to his flat sitting in the front room and out of the corner of my eye with where I was sitting I could see the bathroom across the hallway and a glass panel above it but what I noticed or believed I had seen was the bathroom light turn off by itself. I even made the point of asking someone if anyone was in the bathroom and we couldn't account for anyone missing. I didn't explain why and just kept it to myself. To this day I'm still convinced of what I saw as if it was a message from my Grandad saying he was with us that day.
    I think it's great, so personal to you. I find it weird when you hear about other people's stories etc it does sort of creep you out, but until it happens to you it's the complete opposite. 
  • Options
    My Nan died on my birthday back in 2017. Remember it well. Timings etc. She had bowel cancer and hung on for so long. Such a fighter. Me and the GF were out for a birthday meal at a Beefeater. My mum called at 2050 to say she’s left the hospice and was on her way home. Our meals came to our table dead on 2100. My Nan loved salt, used to just use the tub and pour a pile on her plate. When I picked up the salt I literally salted the whole table, plate the GF food uncontrollably it went everywhere. My sister called 20 minutes later to say Nan had passed at 2100. Always to this day believe it was her sharing my birthday with me.