Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ghosts - Anyone claim to have seen one?

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Has anyone been to a medium.

i went after my mum died. I recorded it and found and listened to the tape about a year ago. Half was complete b******s, but half turned out to be accurate.

i bought a new car just after she died. The medium mentioned the car in detail, she could have looked out of the window but from memory I went in the evening during winter and parked around the corner. 

I’m still very 50/50 on this but do find some of the other stories fascinating 
    Did the medium charge you for his/her services?
    A charitable donation 
  • Can anyone who sees a ghost please ask them why they don’t appear in normal situations in front of multiple people or in a tv studio / In Asda/ in an office etc 

thanks 
  • Ghosts have nothing to do with the deceased. They are beings from other dimensions who have undergone partial density shifting.
    I do that after a Vindaloo.
  • Assuming for a minute that ghosts are real and there is a scientific reason why they exist, not sure the ghost itself, know what that reason.
  • It’s fascinating because a lot of people who I would consider quite respectable and not people who would bullshit (on here as well), have had some sort of experience.  I use the word experience, because who knows what it is.

my only ‘experience’ was looking at a house with my ex down in Kent somewhere (near Sevenoaks I think) when we may have bought.  It was a typical old house that had probably been built a few hundred years ago.  We went into one of the rooms, and all I can say is that the temperature just dropped.  I mean noticeably dropped.  It was a summer’s day, and I’m not one to notice subtle changes as I don’t think I’m the most aware person, but this just threw me.  I was so baffled by it, and because I have an inclination to ‘believe’ in ‘ghosts’, as we left I looked up at the room which was at the front of the house, because I was sure I might see something.  I didn’t, but I still for the life of me, can’t compute that real, noticeable drop in temperature.  This is why for me, I call it an ‘experience’

I remember doing my stint for Lewisham Libraries and covering Manor House in Lee.  The staff had talked about the legend of some ghost there, so I was poking around in the attic trying to see it.  I was about 22/23.  Didn’t see a thing.  

I wouldn’t dismiss it personally, like I don’t dismiss aliens, or multiple universes or religion.  We will never know
  • I've seen Ghosts. Shite!
    Surprised they brought it back for a second series.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've seen Ghosts. Shite!
    Surprised they brought it back for a second series.
    I lasted 10 minutes into episode 1. It was as funny as having piles!
  • cabbles said:
    It’s fascinating because a lot of people who I would consider quite respectable and not people who would bullshit (on here as well), have had some sort of experience.  I use the word experience, because who knows what it is.

my only ‘experience’ was looking at a house with my ex down in Kent somewhere (near Sevenoaks I think) when we may have bought.  It was a typical old house that had probably been built a few hundred years ago.  We went into one of the rooms, and all I can say is that the temperature just dropped.  I mean noticeably dropped.  It was a summer’s day, and I’m not one to notice subtle changes as I don’t think I’m the most aware person, but this just threw me.  I was so baffled by it, and because I have an inclination to ‘believe’ in ‘ghosts’, as we left I looked up at the room which was at the front of the house, because I was sure I might see something.  I didn’t, but I still for the life of me, can’t compute that real, noticeable drop in temperature.  This is why for me, I call it an ‘experience’

I remember doing my stint for Lewisham Libraries and covering Manor House in Lee.  The staff had talked about the legend of some ghost there, so I was poking around in the attic trying to see it.  I was about 22/23.  Didn’t see a thing.  

I wouldn’t dismiss it personally, like I don’t dismiss aliens, or multiple universes or religion.  We will never know
    We live in a world where scientists believe in God, make of that what you will. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Can someone paste the link to the old ghost thread 
    Here you go

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/48453/ghostly-encounters
  • We used to hire out houses in the countryside for Christmas, and all the family would go down, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. 

One we hired in Herefordshire, just outside a village called Much Marcle. It was a lovely farmhouse, surrounded by fields and me, being the youngest, was shoved up in the box room which was basically one end of the attic, converted into a "bedroom". The bed was pushed up against a half sized door that obviously led into the rest of the attic. We'd already spent a few days and all was good, but then I went to bed one night and was playing this digital game I got for Christmas, when all of a sudden I heard a loud buzzing. It was like a bumblebee was flying around really close to my head. I remember turning the game around to use the light from it to see if I could see anything, but nothing, so I lent over and turned the main light on and still couldn't see anything, the room was tiny and I looked everywhere,  more because I didn't want to get stung if it was cought up in the bedsheets or something.  Sure this happened 2 or 3 times over that same night, then nothing.

I do wonder now if it may have been a bumblebee or hornet (definitely werent a wasp) that had woken from hibernation due to the house being warmed up for a few days on the spin (it had snowed that year), but I checked that room and couldn't find it. Have also heard that noises and smells can be a sign of a haunting, but who knows

Nb - A couple of years later, it turned out Fred and Rose West had buried some of their victims in an adjacent field to this gaff.....
  • edited October 2020
    Imagine how famous the first confirmed ghost would be. I'm sure that in today's fame-craving culture, ghosts would be fighting each other to "appear" on the news or a talk show.

And as others have said, why is it almost always a Victorian lady in a grey dress or someone "wakes up" to see a dead relative sitting on the end of their bed? 
    Does anyone honestly believe that they will ever see a ghost sitting next to them in the car while they're driving, or walking across a football pitch during a live game, for example? (although we have had a few players who might as well been ghosts)

With almost everyone carrying a camera with them nowadays, you would expect thousands of ghost sightings to be recorded every day, where are they?
  • We used to hire out houses in the countryside for Christmas, and all the family would go down, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. 

One we hired in Herefordshire, just outside a village called Much Marcle. It was a lovely farmhouse, surrounded by fields and me, being the youngest, was shoved up in the box room which was basically one end of the attic, converted into a "bedroom". The bed was pushed up against a half sized door that obviously led into the rest of the attic. We'd already spent a few days and all was good, but then I went to bed one night and was playing this digital game I got for Christmas, when all of a sudden I heard a loud buzzing. It was like a bumblebee was flying around really close to my head. I remember turning the game around to use the light from it to see if I could see anything, but nothing, so I lent over and turned the main light on and still couldn't see anything, the room was tiny and I looked everywhere,  more because I didn't want to get stung if it was cought up in the bedsheets or something.  Sure this happened 2 or 3 times over that same night, then nothing.

I do wonder now if it may have been a bumblebee or hornet (definitely werent a wasp) that had woken from hibernation due to the house being warmed up for a few days on the spin (it had snowed that year), but I checked that room and couldn't find it. Have also heard that noises and smells can be a sign of a haunting, but who knows

Nb - A couple of years later, it turned out Fred and Rose West had buried some of their victims in an adjacent field to this gaff.....
    Shit. I didn't know they'd been killing bees as well. Bastards. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And why is it that people who have that regression done to see their previous lives are always part of Henry VIII’s court or a soldier from ancient Egypt and never an accounts clerk from 1930 ? 
  • Or Cleopatra!

Shit. I didn't know they'd been killing bees as well. Bastards. 
    I remain open minded mate. Neither believe or disbelieve in ghosts, just thought I'd share that experience that come to me while reading Cabes' story
  • MrOneLung said:
    And why is it that people who have that regression done to see their previous lives are always part of Henry VIII’s court or a soldier from ancient Egypt and never an accounts clerk from 1930 ? 
    Again, not saying I believe in it, but pretty sure there have been people who've claimed to have been ordinary folk in a former life
  • If ghosts aint real, who plays em in horror films? 
  • edited October 2020

• think of all the times the clock hasn’t said 11:11