Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghosts - Anyone claim to have seen one?

Comments

• Options
    Considering this day and age with the amount of video footage being taken by various devices, which lead to people catching the most random events on camera - if ghosts existed, we would have inconclusive proof by now.

That being said, it is still always interesting to me to listen to people's experiences. 
    Surely that’s what we have got?
  • Options
    really interesting, fascinating to read, and absolute batshit.
  • Options
    Imagine how many trillions of beings have existed since the dawn of time. Just think how many ghosts would be roaming about if they did exist. You wouldn’t be able to move for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Pretty sure there is another thread on here about ghosts. An absolute classic thread too 
  • Options
    Possible plausible explanation imo - If something highly charged has occurred, it can leave an imprint on that moment in time. The example given was that various different people had reported seeing Roman type soldiers marching through a field. When the field was excavated for developing, there were remains of a Roman road found and the explanation given was that maybe they were marching into battle, and it left an imprint.

Everything is made of energy, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink playing for Charlton being the only exception of course.  Certain materials have properties that can absorb, or "record" energy or events.  The human brain is exceptional, we may never get to the bottom of what it is actually capable of, it may act as a receiver of such captured energy, and replay events recorded from many years previously in a persons subconscious.
  • Options
    Possible plausible explanation imo - If something highly charged has occurred, it can leave an imprint on that moment in time. The example given was that various different people had reported seeing Roman type soldiers marching through a field. When the field was excavated for developing, there were remains of a Roman road found and the explanation given was that maybe they were marching into battle, and it left an imprint.

Everything is made of energy, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink playing for Charlton being the only exception of course.  Certain materials have properties that can absorb, or "record" energy or events.  The human brain is exceptional, we may never get to the bottom of what it is actually capable of, it may act as a receiver of such captured energy, and replay events recorded from many years previously in a persons subconscious.
    This is the "Stone tape theory". You can read more about it on Wikipedia and elsewhere.
  • Options

My best pal was on exercise on Salisbury plain and saw a group of roman soldiers march to a tree and watch as one of their number was executed by hanging in a tree. 

He is absolutely not the type to come up with anything like that, not to say that 72 hours with hardly any sleep on an army exercise doesnt make you hallucinate but he has told that story so many times to the point I could quite it, in full, verbatim.

I would never say I dont believe him, I believe he saw what he saw but I think his brain rather than his eyes saw it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    A few things have happened without me seeing anything.

sort of, I kept my eyes closed!  My mum died when I was in my mid 20’s. My birthday was a few weeks later. I woke up and looked at the clock, 6.44 and the alarm was set at 6:45. I closed my eyes waiting for the alarm. I felt the duvet be pulled back, slight pressure on my upper body and a kiss on the back of my neck. I jumped and was fully awake, I touched my neck where I was kissed and my neck was cold, the rest of my neck was normal temperature.

i probably fell back to sleep and dreamt it but can you fall asleep, dream and wake up in 30 seconds? I wish I opened my eyes when I felt it. It felt real, but so did the dream I had about a bmx when I was 11.

16 years later and nothing similar has happened. I really don’t know if it was a dream or her.

weird things have happened to my dad since, he altered the house after she died which she was against. After he did it, he went into the room that he altered and the picture frames were all wonky. 

We were in the plume of feathers in maze hill which is supposedly haunted. My dad turned round as someone touched him on the shoulder, nobody was there.

i woke up drunk and saw a Victorian boy at the end of my bed!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqmMoI0wks

Space and Time are fused together. Past, present and future have happened! I think!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Been sightings of elfs at the bar
    I must have missed that one occasion. 
  • Options
    Don't believe in them one bit although my aunt told a very freaky story. 

She was very close to her grandparents as a young child and her grandfather died when she was about 8. One night she had a 'dream' where he visited her and told her "they will both miss her but he'll look after the grandmother" now they're together again (this was about 5 years after he died). My aunt went down for breakfast and told my nan about the dream. 

What she didn't know is that her grandmother had died in the night. My nan/her mother had already received the telephone call that morning to tell her, but she didn't want to tell my aunt until after school because of an exam or something like that. Not technically a ghost and she has never claimed to see anything, just hear, but freaky anyway. 
  • Options
    When I was around 5/6 we moved into a new house and my room was round the back of the house until 2/3 years later when we swapped rooms.

During those years I never saw anything. But the first night in the new room I woke up and was talking to an old man,I couldn't see him only hear him. 

A few days passed and I woke again this time I could see him faintly. I could tell he wore glasses and a cardigan and smoked a pipe. 

Again a few days later I wake in the night and talk to the man, he tells me he's not going to harm me and enjoys our chats. I can see him clearly now and he tells me his name is Joe. 

Until this night I hadn't said anything to my mum. I decided to tell her but I never told her his name, I only described him to her. 

The next door neighbour was an old lady who had lived there for god knows how long. Mum was talking to her and described what I said. The lady said that sounds like Joe, he died in the house about 6 months before we moved in. Died in his sleep in the front bedroom where I now sleep! 

Do I believe in ghosts, no. But I cannot explain how I would have or could have known especially as we had never discussed that before and mum didn't know a man had died there let alone his name.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm agnostic about ghosts as I am religions etc.

However the mentioning of Romans marching reminds me of when I lived on the Balcombe Road in Horley, Surrey.

I was out doing an all nighter aged 15. I told my gran I was at a friend's and a few of my mates did the same. It was the last day of school so none of the parents/guardians seemed to mind.

Long story short, at about 2am we heard what sounded like a crowd of people walking in step. We all trying to act brave followed the noise which led us to Haroldslea Drive a 2 minute walk from my house. We got there and you could hear what sounded like hundreds of people walking and could hear metal clattering. 

None of us saw anything but a voice shouted out - not one of us, a grown mans voice and the sound stopped dead. After 5 minutes or so of the sound not starting again we started to walk back towards the road and the voice shouted again and the sound moved away. Or we moved from it at full tilt.

Terrified us all but none of us could explain what we heard.

A year or so later, my brother who doesn't believe in anything like ghosts or gods or anything abnormal really said he'd heard similar from his bedroom on nights he couldn't sleep.

A bit of research on the internet more recently uncovered that there used to be a castle on Haroldslea Drive, Thunderfield Castle and military troops would use the old Haroldslea Drive road as their route onto the Balcombe Road. It said there were also allegedly bells heard but neither my brother or myself ever experienced that.

EDIT:
    Doing some research it seems like it's only been reported on one night a year, that WAS NOT the night we experienced what we did and my brother reported hearing it a few times:
    https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/battlefields.php?pageNum_paradata=2&totalRows_paradata=101
  • Options
    Yep seen a ghost, seen an alien, seen the Loch Ness Monster and Father Christmas. 
  • Options
    I've seen what I believe were ghosts twice. Once as a kid when we were rustling around in an abandoned air raid shelter. Probably imaginations running wild but quite terrifying at the time.

Second time at New Year in the early 90s in a v remote B&B in far north of Scotland (yes, drink had been taken) but I woke up suddenly in middle of night to see a young blonde woman in the room - just standing looking at me. Told the owners at breakfast and they reported two stories of lorry drivers picking up a young female German hitch hiker who then mysteriously disappeared when they returned to the cab. It was a vivid sighting for me at the time but not at all scary.

I'd been recounting it flippantly as my ghost story ever since but I was rather spooked a couple of years ago to read this newspaper report, esp as the photo looks uncannily like the girl I believe I saw:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43663127

But that was in NI not Scotland?
  • Options
    Ghosts have nothing to do with the deceased. They are beings from other dimensions who have undergone partial density shifting.
    You are my density
  • Options
    @North Lower Neil she was hitching in the north of Scotland before getting ferry to NI.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm agnostic about ghosts as I am religions etc.

However the mentioning of Romans marching reminds me of when I lived on the Balcombe Road in Horley, Surrey.

I was out doing an all nighter aged 15. I told my gran I was at a friend's and a few of my mates did the same. It was the last day of school so none of the parents/guardians seemed to mind.

Long story short, at about 2am we heard what sounded like a crowd of people walking in step. We all trying to act brave followed the noise which led us to Haroldslea Drive a 2 minute walk from my house. We got there and you could hear what sounded like hundreds of people walking and could hear metal clattering. 

None of us saw anything but a voice shouted out - not one of us, a grown mans voice and the sound stopped dead. After 5 minutes or so of the sound not starting again we started to walk back towards the road and the voice shouted again and the sound moved away. Or we moved from it at full tilt.

Terrified us all but none of us could explain what we heard.

A year or so later, my brother who doesn't believe in anything like ghosts or gods or anything abnormal really said he'd heard similar from his bedroom on nights he couldn't sleep.

A bit of research on the internet more recently uncovered that there used to be a castle on Haroldslea Drive, Thunderfield Castle and military troops would use the old Haroldslea Drive road as their route onto the Balcombe Road. It said there were also allegedly bells heard but neither my brother or myself ever experienced that.

EDIT:
    Doing some research it seems like it's only been reported on one night a year, that WAS NOT the night we experienced what we did and my brother reported hearing it a few times:
    https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/battlefields.php?pageNum_paradata=2&totalRows_paradata=101
    Incredibly you’ve managed to undermine my confidence in the veracity of that website. 
  • Options
    Can someone paste the link to the old ghost thread 
  • Options
    I told my same story, with a bit more detail, on that thread. But prior to the news report.
  • Options

There was an interesting lecture relating to time travel by Brian Cox on tv a few years back. It was a bit mind blowing and whilst he made it as easy to follow as possible, it still wasn't easy.

Basically, whenever you move through space, by walking, running, driving, etc. relative to people who are say standing still, you are traveling just a bit slower through time than them. This effect has been proven by atomic clocks placed in airplanes and orbiting satellites.

According to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, time moves faster in the absence of a gravitational field. The higher up you are, the further you are from Earth’s mass and pull, which means slightly less gravity and a slightly faster clock.

I can't remember too much else, but the jist was that theoretically it is possible to travel forward in time. In the way they did in The Planet of the Apes. It is less clear whether you can travel back in time. Again it is theoretically possible but the energy required may render it highly unlikely. Mind you travelling forward meaningfully is unlikely too, but more feasible.

When we look at a star in the sky, we are of course looking at something from the past. The further away a star is for example the more we are looking back in time. You can even look so far back that you can see the start of the Universe with the right equipment. Some of the stars we can see may no longer exist, but we can see them!   

Always freaks me out that one, even though I know it's true.
    Yes, it's true mate, but it's nothing more complex than the speed of light, that's all, and it highlights the mind blowing vastness of the universe.

Even the light from our own sun takes just over 8 minutes to reach the Earth (with the speed of light travelling at 186,000 miles per second). Outside of that, the closest star to us (Proxima Centauri) is 4.2 light years away (186,000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 = 1 light year, just under 6 trillion miles).

So, when you look at the night sky, the very closest light from a star to reach us is over 4 years old (the distance of 1 light year takes 1 year to reach the Earth)! But a lot of the star light you can see has taken thousands/millions of years to reach us, hence looking at the past.
    Bloody nuts! 
  • Options
    What about reincarnation? I think I posted this before on another thread, but it's well worth a watch -

https://youtu.be/6wvbEQytuQk
  • Options
    Has anyone been to a medium.

i went after my mum died. I recorded it and found and listened to the tape about a year ago. Half was complete b******s, but half turned out to be accurate.

i bought a new car just after she died. The medium mentioned the car in detail, she could have looked out of the window but from memory I went in the evening during winter and parked around the corner. 

I’m still very 50/50 on this but do find some of the other stories fascinating 
  • Options

i went after my mum died. I recorded it and found and listened to the tape about a year ago. Half was complete b******s, but half turned out to be accurate.

i bought a new car just after she died. The medium mentioned the car in detail, she could have looked out of the window but from memory I went in the evening during winter and parked around the corner. 

Did the medium charge you for his/her services?
  • Options

It's like the video above. The boy gets a lot wrong, but what he gets right is amazing. The only explanation I can see personally, for him knowing what he did, is that his mum drummed it into him from a baby, in the hope they'll make some dough out of it later on. But she has no connection to the island either