Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    A good replacement for Macaulay Caulkin. Some might say an improvement!
    14 goals in 4 seasons would suggest otherwise. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I know we're shopping at Lidls ........ but we've already signed some players with decent pedigree, even if they were free agents.
    If they are keen and good enough, hungry to get their career back on track - that's fine.

What worries me, is none of this current Sandgaard era batch of signings has done any kind of proper intense pre-season.

How far behind is their fitness (and consequently liable to injury) - and how long before they are consistently able to make a meaningful contribution to a match?

I agree. That's a good reason why the free agents need to be in as soon as possible, especially those (like Maddison and Bogle) who hadn't played since March and will need an intensive pre season programme of their own
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    The constant negativity is boring. Get behind the lad, he might do alright.

This.

As my youngest has just told me - Bowyer loves right-offs with talent, it shows what a good manager he is if he turns it around.

Welcome, Omar and show us the early promise is back.
    As did Curbs and Powell. That's who Charlton have always been; we don't necessarily have the money to compete for the biggest players, but we take the players right for us and make a team greater than the sum of its parts. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of being a Charlton fan
    I'm not sure that applies to us in L1 though. Even under Roland we were considered a big fish by the other sides. If the takeover had happened in July rather than September I imagine we would have been splashing the cash
    I don't know, I think we still would have been restrained compared to what teams in our financial position would have done. When we were seemingly loaded in 2011/12 we still sought out bargains, cast-offs and free transfers alongside some paid transfers. The key was finding the right players, and we did that. I just don't think it's in the make-up of the better Charlton managers to throw money around, they know that getting out of this league requires the right personalities as much as talent.
  • Options
    ok with this as long as we also get another forward who scores goals ....
    We can play 4-4-2 and pair a 25 goal striker with a 10 goal strike partner.

or we can go 4-3-3 and have Maddison (15 goals), Bogle (10 goals), Oztumer (10 goals) and achieve the same? Maybe.
    Sorry but Oztumer 10 goals? Spat my tea out at that one. If I had any left I’d spit it out at Bogle 10 goals.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    The constant negativity is boring. Get behind the lad, he might do alright.

This.

As my youngest has just told me - Bowyer loves right-offs with talent, it shows what a good manager he is if he turns it around.

Welcome, Omar and show us the early promise is back.
    As did Curbs and Powell. That's who Charlton have always been; we don't necessarily have the money to compete for the biggest players, but we take the players right for us and make a team greater than the sum of its parts. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of being a Charlton fan
    This.  Always good to see us competing without ‘names’.  Makes everyone think we’re punching but in reality it’s just a well balanced team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafcfan said:
    So the most important question - how do you pronounce his surname?

Oh Ma

Bo Gull
    I think Bo Goal sounds even better
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I know we're shopping at Lidls ........ but we've already signed some players with decent pedigree, even if they were free agents.
    If they are keen and good enough, hungry to get their career back on track - that's fine.

What worries me, is none of this current Sandgaard era batch of signings has done any kind of proper intense pre-season.

How far behind is their fitness (and consequently liable to injury) - and how long before they are consistently able to make a meaningful contribution to a match?

I agree. That's a good reason why the free agents need to be in as soon as possible, especially those (like Maddison and Bogle) who hadn't played since March and will need an intensive pre season programme of their own
    Maddison posted a few hours ago, that he'd been put through a really hard session at Sparrows Lane today.
    And was very positive about it.

Thankfully he seems to be the sort of player you don't have to wrap in cotton wool when trying to get fit and sharp. Unlike say Chuks...
  • Options

or we can go 4-3-3 and have Maddison (15 goals), Bogle (10 goals), Oztumer (10 goals) and achieve the same? Maybe.
    Sorry but Oztumer 10 goals? Spat my tea out at that one. If I had any left I’d spit it out at Bogle 10 goals.
    Oztumer’s goal record for Walsall was very good .  In league one too. 
  • Options
    Another signing I’m pleased with, I think he’ll get 15-20 goals at this level, Hope I’m proved right.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    A good replacement for Macaulay Caulkin. Some might say an improvement!
    QPR have made a terrible mistake in that case. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    can someone confirm what the term “1year option” means ? Does this mean that either the club or the player can exercise the right to stay another year ? 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Correct me if I’m wrong Oztumer has scored 15 goals with a crap Walsall side at this level.

Two seasons in a row.

Purely based on proven records at league one level - all of those estimates have logic behind them
    Not aimed at you but if we are going on proven records then Bogle ain’t gonna score nowhere near enough goals to get us promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

#won’t score ten goals in his Charlton career imo
  • Options
    Good signing! Think Bowyer will improve him and hopefully him and Washington can form a good partnership. Expect a pacy smaller striker to come in now on loan I suspect. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

#won’t score ten goals in his Charlton career imo
    May be right but nonetheless he has far greater pedigree than Bogle 
  • Options

Correct me if I’m wrong Oztumer has scored 15 goals with a crap Walsall side at this level.

Two seasons in a row.

Purely based on proven records at league one level - all of those estimates have logic behind them
    Not aimed at you but if we are going on proven records then Bogle ain’t gonna score nowhere near enough goals to get us promoted.
    We absolutely need another striker no doubt .

historically we have always looked at 4-4-2 with the two strikers (heavily weighted towards the main one) getting the bulk of the goals.

if we have a front 3, then maybe you have 3 x 10-15 goal players than one that gets 25.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard, Omar. Think it is a good signing considering the restraints under which LB has to operate. Final bits of the jigsaw will be put in place over the coming week (another striker and a CB?) and then we can really judge. Feeling very optimistic.
  • Options
    Didn't jump out at me from that free signings list, was hoping for a fee paid forward and a half decent prem kid on loan. Probably a fitter option than Aneke for that 3rd spot assuming the loanee is of quality, but, saying that, Bogle does have the ability and hopefully Bows can get it back out of him.

• Options
    Hope to be proved wrong, but am so underwhelmed with this signing. Really hoping he is just back up 
  • Options
    I’m not going to lie, this signing has not got me excited but we are crying out for a player like him and I can see that he will add value to the squad. He is an above average league 1 player but not championship quality, this might be why he was given a 1 year deal.

a quick player who can finish and I would be happy with the striking options as a unit.
  • Options
    Of course these videos can always been slightly misleading - but one thing you can see is he does seem to have a little bit about him. Can actually dribble the ball and is not just a static lump up top. 
    Ah at last the goals vid, I do like these.

If only 20 goal a season strikers were two a penny, the problem then would be, we couldn't afford them.

The mind just Bogles, welcome Omar.

Give it your all and I’m sure you’ll do fine.