Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely gutted
    Who the hell are we going with upfront tomorrow 
  • Options
    Thanks for the 2m that’s all I’ll say
  • Options
    I mean, good luck to him... Would have sold him for less... Think this is a good deal for all parties. He tried, scored some goals, but I've never been his biggest fan. Personally don't think he'll make much of an impact at QPR. Let's just hope we get a couple of decent strikers! 
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted
    Washington and Davison presumably. As far as I know Chuks is still off with COVID so he won't be fit given that he couldn't do 90 minutes BEFORE he was ill.
  • Options
    Was he out of contract at the end of the season?
  • Options
    Thought he signed on a 3 year? 2 years left
  • Options
    Nah next season... Signed on a three year deal
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely gutted
    Washington and Davison presumably. As far as I know Chuks is still off with COVID so he won't be fit given that he couldn't do 90 minutes BEFORE he was ill.
     Chuks is fit and available according to Rich Cawley
    Yeah, but fit for how long though, Dazzler ........ He's missed half of pre-season, a couple of sub appearances, missed 2 weeks of training because of Covid isolation; followed by just a couple of days training. I bet you are more match fit than he is.

Anyway, he's made of glass and the medical boys will want to say no - but Bow needs a striker on the bench.
    If he's risked for more than 30 mins I'd be surprised.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very good deal , very limited , but given better service might do better with QPR  
    Good  luck mac, not the sort of player I expect charlton to make now we are on the up 
  • Options
    The easy chances he missed post lockdown cost us survival. Can get 5-1 on QPR relegation. Tempting now.
  • Options
    Not sure how many games he’ll start given this comment from Warburton...
    Faint praise indeed.  Welcome to big school Macaulay. 
  • Options
    The easy chances he missed post lockdown cost us survival. Can get 5-1 on QPR relegation. Tempting now.
    What about the easy defending that the back four screwed up?

Millwall or Hull at the Valley for example

Wigan's first goal against us... 
  • Options
    Well done Macauley,mostly good while it lasted,but...if I had to write an official report, It would be “could have done better”,anyways thanks for your half arsed effort after your head was turned...bit sad to hear that really,maybe if you had put a bit more effort in,we might have finished last season & this in a different & maybe better position...anyways,good luck at ya new club,

but to be honest,with the fee we got & Bows,JJ & Gallen on the look out for new strikers,I think we are the ones that could be better off long term...

cmon U Addicks
  • Options
    Let’s be honest, Bowyer never wanted him and never really fancied him as our main striker. He needed him until now as we were under an embargo, but with the takeover he has the opportunity to get the strikers in that he and Steve Gallen want which is really exciting. £2million is a good price for a player who we signed for £200k 12 months ago.

We know tomorrow has come too soon. But we now have two weeks and 2 extra million to spend. With the finances around football as they are, it’s a buyers market and I back Gallen and Bowyer to get some great business done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Bonne for me in the last couple of games has been awful! Washington has been doing a lot of the running. He just looked like he couldn’t be bothered and we now know why, better to cash in we will hopefully find better. 
  • Options
    Agree in the three games this season Washington, is way ahead of Bonne.  But, fair play I think he has always given 100%. Good luck to him, and I hope he’s done a good deal. But, £2 Million...... QPR been had over.... onwards and upwards....... 

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Let’s be honest, Bowyer never wanted him and never really fancied him as our main striker. He needed him until now as we were under an embargo, but with the takeover he has the opportunity to get the strikers in that he and Steve Gallen want which is really exciting. £2million is a good price for a player who we signed for £200k 12 months ago.

We know tomorrow has come too soon. But we now have two weeks and 2 extra million to spend. With the finances around footballer jobs as they are, it’s a buyers market and I back Gallen and Bowyer to get some great business done.
    I agree this is about Bowyer not believing in Bonne developing further so being willing to let him go for what he thinks is an inflated bid. Bonne did everything that we had any right to expect of him last season, so I wish him well. Time will tell whether Bowyer is right.

What I don’t get is the assumption we will replace him with better, because of the salary cap. We’re not going to get anyone who can even be a minor squad player in the Championship, where they can pay what they like. But we may get someone who fits in better with Bowyer’s plans, I guess. 
    I think you’ve perhaps answered my thoughts in the last sentence as we not get anyone better but may get someone who fits more into the managers style of play and what he wants. 

In terms of finances, a lot of championship clubs are in financial trouble so won’t be taking risks on too many players. Also, if it’s a promising u21 I would hope perhaps we can offer as much as a few lower championship clubs now.
  • Options
    Don't like his comment re his head being turned, that's poor from him, as we gave him his big break. Was hoping he would stay this season, but Bow doesnt seem too bothered, so I back his judgement. I liked bonne, so shitty comment aside, i say good luck and thanks for your efforts in a red shirt.
  • Options
    Not read the whole thread, so this may have been already said, but if he knew that Bowyer was not 100% behind him then surely that is why he has made the "head turn" comment. 

I liked him, though also felt he was not clinical enough.

However, when you remember that he was thrown into the first team as the "main man" a year or so too soon, then maybe it is not surprising. 

If he has a Leko type player to feed off at QPR then he could do well. 
  • Options
    2 mill?!? That’s a right result for you lot
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I think he will frighten Championship defences.
  • Options
    Good luck Macauley, at least he tried for us and didn't demand a move.
    Not sure if this is tongue in cheek because LB virtually said the opposite. Said Bonne went in to speak to SG & said that he'd heard that QPR wanted him & he wanted to go.