Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Thompson (Dr Kish / @Ketts) RIP

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if another blog will start up?.
  • Options
    No you haven't mate
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Davo55 said:
    Do I understand correctly that Chris was the author of the Frankie Valley blog, and then Dr Kish? I hadn't realised it was the same writer. Frankie Valley was joyously funny, focusing on the lighter side of football and the travails of cafc; Dr Kish a bit more focused and serious. Both excellent but quite different in style, in my opinion.
    No different authors. Chris took up the blogging after Frankie retired from it.
    Thanks @Phil
  • Options
    Very sad have been reading the blogs for years 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jesus christ,  Les Turner , Seb and Now Chris all gone in the same 3 of Charltons most loyal supporters.
  • Options
    This is really sad. I didn’t know who Dr Kish was but whatever he wrote on his website I just knew it was fact as he obviously had great links within the club.

RIP Ketts
  • Options
    Not the best of years for the Charlton fan base is it. 
    RIP.
  • Options
    Have read the blog religiously for years. It's the best one out there - fair-minded and well-connected. Rest in peace.
  • Options
    I didn't know you Chris, but I loved your blog
    The humour came through in your writing, but it was also clear how much you really loved our club.
    Condolences to all your family & friends.
    RIP Chris.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Another dedicated fan gone but won't be forgotten. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Chris.  What a loss.
  • Options
    That’s a sad loss. What football knowledge that man had...
  • Options
    Truly sad news. I loved to read Dr. Kish's blogs and often felt that I should leave a comment but sadly never did. Always very informative and educated comments on anything Charlton related. RIP Kish.
  • Options
    Oh wow. Didnt know him, but read Dr Kish when links were posted on here. Always seemed to be ITK. Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    Yes used to read the blog. Sad times. RIP Ketts
  • Options
    Going to miss Chris as a friend and fellow fan. He was always at away games and more recently, seeing him struggle to climb the stairs on crutches after double knee replacements. We both shared the same knee issues and I was so pleased he got the operations.
    Devastated to have lost a fellow fan. RIP mate and love and condolences to all the family at this sad time.

• Options
    A true gentleman. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sad news, never met him but his blog was essential reading.

RIP

• Options
    Dr.Kish is one of my first go to blogs for all news Charlton. Loved the self-deprecating humour he showed. I will surely miss his contributions and I wish to send my condolences to his family. RIP Dr. Kish
  • Options
    RIP Ketts.
    Big fan of Frankie Valley and Dr Kish.
    Will be sadly missed.
  • Options
    Been some top fans pass away this year and not to see the take over we desperately want RIP 
  • Options
    Really shocked to read this. RIP Chris. 
  • Options
    Really sad tonight reading this news. I didn't know Chris but felt I did through his enjoyable Dr Kish blogs. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Chris, and condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    Didn’t know him personally but loved the blog for many years. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    Rest in Peace Chris 
  • Options
    RIP. I never knew Chris, but like everyone else I enjoyed reading his blogs.