Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BETTING THREAD 2020 -2021 SEASON

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a random one but was confident it would come in.

• Options
    5 games BTTS
    3 Saturdays in a row I’ve had 9 of the 10 teams score. 
    So close yet so far. 
  • Options
    Charlton lost me my ACCA
    Stuck money on an Everton/Chelsea win double to console myself.... expect Chelsea to lose Monday night now.

• Options
    So after 2 draws and 3 straight wins against promotion chasing teams, Shrewsbury collect 11 points from last 15. Prior to that they took 9 points from 13 games.  Shrewsbury 9/2 for top half finish William Hill and Sky looks value. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Got 1-1 and 2-1 spurs in the next... Plus both with Davidson Sanches fgs
    So far today I've had Liverpool to draw 1-1 with West Brom, spurs to draw 1-1 wolves and a 12.5 shot at leopardstown that was getting annihilated on the home straight before the 1/2 favourite decided to fall over his own feet on the flat with no obstacles in sight... Just lumped on Boca Juniors 2-1 
  • Options
    Cheeky little win yesterday 😅
  • Options

Blow up ref! 
  • Options
    Anyone else only saw the 3-1 and wondered why he wanted game to end
  • Options
    So what do you make of this, on Sunday evening I laid a £10 double 9/1 and 2/1.  The 2/1 shot became a non runner and the other race had a non runner. I can go with the rule 4 of 5p in the first race, but a 45p in the pound deduction for my horse not running in the second is ridiculous. Surely I am just on a single at 9/1 for £10 collect £100 less the 5p in the pound. As you see I got £61.30.  Talk about take the piss. 

• Options
    no idea sorry, i've hit another purple patch, a few weeks ago withdrew a bit and this week enough for a PS5, fingers crossed i keep the running up, been mixing darts/snooker Footy, most wins going on footy but others small boosts like trebles/doubles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what do you make of this, on Sunday evening I laid a £10 double 9/1 and 2/1.  The 2/1 shot became a non runner and the other race had a non runner. I can go with the rule 4 of 5p in the first race, but a 45p in the pound deduction for my horse not running in the second is ridiculous. Surely I am just on a single at 9/1 for £10 collect £100 less the 5p in the pound. As you see I got £61.30.  Talk about take the piss. 

That's because it was a £5 E/W double. The 45p R4 on the N/R wasn't applied after all and it is only there for information purposes for those that might have backed another horse in that race:

• Options
    In fact, the return of £61.30 is exactly half the return for the £10 E/W you had on the single below so that proves that this is the case. 
  • Options
    In fact, the return of £61.30 is exactly half the return for the £10 E/W you had on the single below so that proves that this is the case. 
    Oops humble pie time, thanks Addick. I spread bets all over on this winner to the point I didn’t remember what I had on.  
  • Options
    I don't think there can have ever been, in percentage terms, a price collapse between two Premier League sides as there has in the Villa v Liverpool Cup game.

Liverpool opened at 2.28 to win in 90 minutes. They are now 1.04. That's the equivalent, in old money, of being backed from 5/4 in to 1/25 or a percentage increase from 44.44% to 96.15%. 

The reason is, of course, because Villa are having to put a team of kids out tonight. I'm still not sure I would be piling into 1.04 but would probably be trading out had I managed to secure the 2.28!!! 
  • Options
    I don't think there can have ever been, in percentage terms, a price collapse between two Premier League sides as there has in the Villa v Liverpool Cup game.

Liverpool opened at 2.28 to win in 90 minutes. They are now 1.04. That's the equivalent, in old money, of being backed from 5/4 in to 1/25 or a percentage increase from 44.44% to 96.15%. 

The reason is, of course, because Villa are having to put a team of kids out tonight. I'm still not sure I would be piling into 1.04 but would probably be trading out had I managed to secure the 2.28!!! 
    I'm surprised the bookies have still got the villa v spurs game up
  • Options
    So am I as Villa aren't playing Spurs  :smiley:
  • Options
    Tonight IS THE PERFECT STORM!

Bournemouth to beat Millwall, Charlton to beat Rochdale.   The double pays nearly 2/1.

If you want to be sensible as you know we'll fuck it, go for +1.5 goals in each game.   That double pays more like 3/5.... and for the life of me I can't see there being an easier way to earn 60% on your money over 90 minutes today...
  • Options
    Back multiple cards at the Charlton game tonight. Ref Trevor Kettle loves dishing them out.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=833

This year: 15 games, 38 yellows, 2 reds
    2019/20: 28 games, 105 yellows, 9 reds
    2018/19: 41 games, 171 yellows, 7 reds
    The list goes on...
  • Options
    C_Dubz said:
    Back multiple cards at the Charlton game tonight. Ref Trevor Kettle loves dishing them out.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=833

This year: 15 games, 38 yellows, 2 reds
    2019/20: 28 games, 105 yellows, 9 reds
    2018/19: 41 games, 171 yellows, 7 reds
    The list goes on...
    The stats say he’s getting more lenient, at least for yellows.
    2018/19 4.2 yellows per match and a red every 6 matches.
    2019/20 3.75 yellows per match and a red every 3 matches
    2020/21 2.5 yellows per match and a red every 7.5 matches.

saying that, the returns I’m making by studying stats recently is atrocious so best ignore my ramblings.
  • Options
    Well, the cards would have been a good bet wouldn't it!

Charlton and Millwall over 1.5 goals WAS making money.
    The double lost me a bit, but I ended up, UP.

As I naturally lumped on larger 1.5 goals + than Charlton and Bournemouth win, as it was Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would expect Sassuolo to overpower SPAL in the second half of tonights Coppa Italia game. It's 0-0 at half time but Sassuolo are a supremely athletic team and as the game opens up and no desire for extra time it may be that at EVEN money they offer some value. 
  • Options
    I would expect Sassuolo to overpower SPAL in the second half of tonights Coppa Italia game. It's 0-0 at half time but Sassuolo are a supremely athletic team and as the game opens up and no desire for extra time it may be that at EVEN money they offer some value. 
    I've got on an accy. had an interesting win yesterday, followed bettingvillage on twitter (posts alot of booking doubles/trebles), but had a 6 game btts or over 2.5 goals, i took one out, happened to lose (luck) but ended up winning £5-£75 , all there booking bets seem to get close with the odd winner as longshots, i was backing their singles over 2.5/4=3.5 for a bit and most were coming in. Worth a look even just to help you with a acca. 
  • Options
    Have Cluj, Axaz and Arsenal for 3/1.
  • Options
    well, you really have to be bold to go anywhere near Charlton with your cash.

Today... i fancy

Derby, Norwich, Forest, Pompey, Hull and Plymouth fours,fives and all 6.

Wigan and Southend Double. 
  • Options
    Don’t understand the plunge on us. We were 7/5 only couple hours ago and now we are 11/10. Certainly not my money. 
  • Options
    BET365 have us at 11/4 for this evening. This is obviously a reflection of recent form and Pboro wiping out MK DONS 3-0 a team who took us to the cleaners and looked like the best team in the league that day. Now whilst a 1-0 win at Bristol, would hardly set the bookies alarm bells ringing, those that watched saw us miss more chances in one game than we created in the previous 6 , an yes I know we put 4 past Rochdale.  So I think we are over priced, in reality I’d have us at 9/5. The double chance Draw or Charlton is 8/11with Pboro 21/20.

SKYBET will offer you Charlton to win 1-0,2-0 or 2-1 at 7/2 or 3-0,3-1 or 3-2 at 12/1. 

I’m looking at taking £40 win at 11/4 and 3-0,3-1, or 3-2 £10 at 12/1.
  • Options
    Leeds let me down badly on two bets on Saturday. 

Had them across two bets and had wins from all others

Charlton away
    Norwich away
    West Ham home
    Chelsea away
    Bristol City home
    Leicester home

So frustrating 

• Options
    edited January 2021
    In a similar way to how the national lottery supports good causes, this website enables sports betting to do the same:

https://betdonation.co.uk

Would you open a new betting account through here if it helped the Charlton Upbeats or similar?
  • Options
    BET365 have us at 11/4 for this evening. This is obviously a reflection of recent form and Pboro wiping out MK DONS 3-0 a team who took us to the cleaners and looked like the best team in the league that day. Now whilst a 1-0 win at Bristol, would hardly set the bookies alarm bells ringing, those that watched saw us miss more chances in one game than we created in the previous 6 , an yes I know we put 4 past Rochdale.  So I think we are over priced, in reality I’d have us at 9/5. The double chance Draw or Charlton is 8/11with Pboro 21/20.

SKYBET will offer you Charlton to win 1-0,2-0 or 2-1 at 7/2 or 3-0,3-1 or 3-2 at 12/1. 

I’m looking at taking £40 win at 11/4 and 3-0,3-1, or 3-2 £10 at 12/1.
    i wouldn't say we are value, its about right (excluding the boost). we could easily knick it, but still not convinced we have turned the corner. We struggle with consistency and so hard to predict. Peterborough would be the value betting tonight but also could still see us winning. Personally i will avoid at all costs other than over 1.5 goals. 
  • Options
    Who’s with me?!