Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BETTING THREAD 2020 -2021 SEASON

Comments

• Options
    For some reason, I have joined you. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    For some reason, I have joined you. 
    So we can confirm Uboat is onboard.  Here all week.
  • Options
    On a serious level 50/1 is massive, but I appreciate unlikely, however that effectively means top 3 is 10/1 (50/1 EW odds 1/5 for 1-2-3), and that is certainly worth the punt.
  • Options
    You can get 90s now
  • Options
    You can get 90s now
    And £2.69 cash out..
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bet365 offering 100/1 now with 20/1 to finish 2nd or 3rd. Bows said last night that we are definitely going on a massive winning streak so I'll have some of that. (Ok, he didn't actually say that but I believe we are capable of doing that so gotta be worth a punt when you consider we are only 8 points off top place albeit having played more). You gotta be in it to win it. Unlikely but still very possible.
  • Options
    12/1 for promotion looks very interesting too
  • Options
    I would totally agree with you, it’s all very tempting. But having filled my boots earlier, I’m loathe to go in again.  We absolutely have a top six or top two squad. However, it’s like backing a Cheltenham Gold cup winner in a Novice chase at Fontwell, it cannot get beat. Then you find out the jockey has never ridden in a race in his life.  Right now, Lee is that Jockey.
  • Options
    Finally had a reasonable Saturday. Though the postponed game cost me. Got close couple weeks ago and had a £400 cash out didn’t take it and ended up with Zip. So this time took the out on my 4 and 5 folds. As turned out should have let it run... cost myself £276. 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Got Forest in my main "top half, x4 divisions, pre season accy".  Had written it off until I noticed yesterday they have now dropped Taylor and turned their form around (link?)... Only 4 points from the top half.  Every other team in my accys is currently top half so fingers crossed!  Still need quite a big up tick in form but they have done ok last 3 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got Forest in my main "top half, x4 divisions, pre season accy".  Had written it off until I noticed yesterday they have now dropped Taylor and turned their form around (link?)... Only 4 points from the top half.  Every other team in my accys is currently top half so fingers crossed!  Still need quite a big up tick in form but they have done ok last 3 games.
    Forest signed Glen Murray he scored twice against Wycombe, Taylor doesn’t get near starting 11 now. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well current best available is.

League 1 Champions 66/1. BET365
    League 1 Promotion 11/1 BET365
    Top Six  Finish 100/30 BET365

The top six at 10/3 appears generous most firms are 2/1 and Sky only 7/4. 

How about £100 promotion and £30 hedge on top 6. Get top 6 and your £100 is back and sit back for the playoffs.... ?
  • Options
    Sounds good. What team are you thinking of?  ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Ok, a bit long winded this one but wanted to see your thoughts..

mate of mine placed this bet yesterday:

The Lamela goal for spurs yesterday 'sealed' his bet, here is the goal:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymFZp3ZXxU

He checked after the game and sky had it down as a losing bet, so he checked the rules and here is their reasoning:

So he checked the rules on Opta:

To me, seems a bit harsh. If you watch the video of the goal... Son's pass is clearly intended for Lamela, and would've reached him without the deflection?

Is there anything else he can do about this?

• Options
    Well justice is done as it was obviously a valid assist. However, I am surprised that if Sky are going to apply the decision based on what Opta declare, their definition of an assist is not worded exactly the same as Opta’s definition. 

Sky say....if deflected the initiator given as an assist if the receiving player was the likely intended destination.

Opta say.....if deflected the initiator given as an assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection.

It’s a bit iffy, but I could see where one of these is true whilst the other is not. If a short pass from Player A to B was over hit and was heading for player C and a deflection occurs and either B or C score.

IN Sky words only B would get an assist as he was intended destination. 

Whereas in Opta C was the player likely to receive the ball even though pass intended for B.

• Options
    Today... 

Charlton, Cambridge Double add Bolton for the treble and Shrewsbury for four.

• Options
    Charlton win and over 1.5 goals
  • Options
    Simple double this weekend, Oxford and Hull at 2/1
  • Options
    I've done acc on Reading, Norwich, Hull & Brentford tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only have a flutter every couple of weeks or so, however about time something came in.
  • Options
    been a long losing run for me and can do with some inspiration.

hit me with your ‘it’s printing money’ football bets for today 
  • Options
    I've struggled lately too.
    Today I have Hull and Sunderland to win BTTS.
    Also have a novelty Welsh quadruple. Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham to win.
    Doesn't help with your printing money bets sorry
  • Options

Remortgage your house and put the money on Man City to win their next game. 
  • Options

• Options
    Man City on William Hill were evens to win.  Max bet £10.

THAT was printing money.

Charlton both teams to score, over 2.5 goals EVENS 
  • Options
    Well after lacking confidence a little I finally thought we were value at the weekend.  A good day but Cardiff let me down for a very good day. 
  • Options
    So today.... my bets for today.

Oxford and Orient Double...

An this treble coming in would mean a bad day for us.... so losing money would be less of a pain.

Blackpool, Doncaster, Ipswich.
  • Options

• Options