Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why are so many people not wearing face masks?

1192021222325»

Comments

• Glovepup said:
    It's not just wearing masks it's also making sure they are being worn properly. The quality of the mask is also an issue.

It seems fashionable by certain people to wear them under their chin.
    Or not cover the nose. 
    Both examples I find a lot more annoying than somebody not wearing one at all.
    I would like to ask these ignorant pigs why they are wearing these things incorrectly, but it's not worth it.  The answer is ignorance and disregard for everybody else.

• Glovepup said:
    It's not just wearing masks it's also making sure they are being worn properly. The quality of the mask is also an issue.

Or not cover the nose. 
    I would like to ask these ignorant pigs why they are wearing these things incorrectly, but it's not worth it.  The answer is ignorance and disregard for everybody else.

I tend to do the usual British thing and mutter about it loudly..... though it's generally elderly doing it for me so I reckon I'd have to really shout for them to hear. 
  • Glovepup said:

Or not cover the nose. 

Ready to put on to avoid a fine (unfortunately)
  • Glovepup said:

Or not cover the nose. 

Ready to put on to avoid a fine (unfortunately)

A fine?  I think not, only 1700 have been fined so far.
  • Saw this new contraption on the highly informative Dr John Campbell's Youtube channel.  

It is a plastic device that seals the mask around your face into a perfect fit. It also stops ones glasses from steaming up.

The inventor Stefan has no intention of making a profit, details can be found on his twitter account https://twitter.com/PlasticFull.   A plastic printer is required, but see this as a genuine improvement.

Dr John Campbell's Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg
  • Shame you end up with a cauliflower ear like an Argentinian prop
  • I’ve just asked the guy in the petrol station to put his mask on before he serves me. His defence was that there was a screen. He was standing next to the screen, not behind it.

I get that he maybe doing an 8 hr shift or more and it isn’t comfy but he argued. That is what annoyed me. He knows he has to wear it but still argued. Anyway, rant over 
  • Had an interesting one a few weeks ago in local Sainsburys. There was a guy shopping with his wife basically calling out anyone not wearing mask properly, and in one case berating someone for using their phone. "Youve put your phone to your ear. Now you'll have to wash your hands. Me and My wife are care workers and this affects us..... ".

I found it funny in that he was shopping with his wife, and not on his own in line with the shops recommendation, and twice in the course of my shopping asked him to move from the shelves as he was standing like a gormless buffoon, stopping people moving around him. It would have been easy for me to have a go and call him a hypocrite, but actually the real thing that was going through my head was. "How much stress that guy must be feeling day in day out, having to work under a cloud and cope with looking after his family that he calls out everyone else, yet cant see that hes not contributing to someone elses stress/anxiety?"
    Think we all have to  realise that in this climate not to sweat the small stuff and give people the benefit of the doubt.
  • I’ve just asked the guy in the petrol station to put his mask on before he serves me. His defence was that there was a screen. He was standing next to the screen, not behind it.

I get that he maybe doing an 8 hr shift or more and it isn’t comfy but he argued. That is what annoyed me. He knows he has to wear it but still argued. Anyway, rant over 
    You're right, he's a bellend. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021

Yes, Nelson has always been a big mask wearer:

Edit - and look at that sword. The boy is proper Charlton.