Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why are so many people not wearing face masks?

Comments

• Options
    Any tips from glasses wearers on how not to get steamed glasses? Was walking through school playground this morning like Stevie Wonder.

there is no way I could drive wearing one
    The number of people I see driving alone in their cars wearing one is another thing that's doing my head in.

I just think everyone's gone mad.

I'm serious when I say that I hate going out now because all this mask wearing is freaking me out. I mean it. I'm bewildered by it. The lollipop man is just creepy now.
    If you're making a short trip between two places that'll require a mask, it's surely better to leave it in situ than to go fiddling about with it.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Get a mask that's got a wire insert so you can mould it as closely to your nose and face as possible, and then put your glasses over the top. That way you should get a decent seal and your breath won't escape up onto your glasses.
    100%, for people who wear glasses this is good advice.
    Someone else gave me this tip but it doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    Life art (dry) anti fog wipes.  There are other anti fog products available.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Get a mask that's got a wire insert so you can mould it as closely to your nose and face as possible, and then put your glasses over the top. That way you should get a decent seal and your breath won't escape up onto your glasses.
    I found this quite good but when I bent down to pick something up off the floor my glasses fell off. If they broke I would be really buggered so tend to put up with the fog.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    aliwibble said:
    I found this quite good but when I bent down to pick something up off the floor my glasses fell off. If they broke I would be really buggered so tend to put up with the fog.

While not the coolest look you could combine with a sports band that attaches to the ends of your ear loops and goes round the back of your head, glasses don’t fall off any more.

Or a Larry Grayson neck chain if you preferred.

or these that one of my recent bosses thought were great. Looked a bit odd to me. 

• Options
    Sadly no great surprise that face mask exemption cards sold by a charity for 55p appear on eBay with sellers charging up to £14.99
  • Options
    Under Armour masks are only £26 each   :D
  • Options
    My brother bought me the 1986 Danish shirt as a present and I am going to print out the following on a face mask to go with it.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Show your disgust at being told to wear a face mask on November the 5th 2020 at The Million Mask March 

#Anonymous

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Show your disgust at being told to wear a face mask on November the 5th 2020 at The Million Mask March 

#Anonymous

😉
    Be a good test for the Gov this one, should be banned from taking place however.......
  • Options

#Anonymous

😉
    Be a good test for the Gov this one, should be banned from taking place however.......
    If the organisers added BLM to the march title  the government wouldn't know what to do about it. 
  • Options

#Anonymous

😉
    If the organisers added BLM to the march title  the government wouldn't know what to do about it. 
    100%
  • Options
    clive said:
    Such a small amount.  There should be mountains more.  I do not travel on a bus, train, or tube without somebody not wearing a face covering.
  • Options
    has anyone noticed a pattern in non wearers? Overweight young mums wearing tracksuits and dropping the c bomb at their kids is one. Suit wearing males aged 25-30 is another.
  • Options
    has anyone noticed a pattern in non wearers? Overweight young mums wearing tracksuits and dropping the c bomb at their kids is one. Suit wearing males aged 25-30 is another.
    That is not my experience. I guess it depends on the route and time of day
  • Options
    Apologies if the tone sounds argumentative, not intended. What is your experience? Travelling for work, I have noticed that pattens change in different areas. In north west Kent, it’s definitely young chavs that don’t care
  • Options
    Apologies if the tone sounds argumentative, not intended. What is your experience? Travelling for work, I have noticed that pattens change in different areas. In north west Kent, it’s definitely young chavs that don’t care
    Decided to take a trip into Primark in Bromley yesterday, and 99% of people were wearing masks. However I can categorically say the few I saw that did not fall into that exact category!
  • Options
    You just described half the mums at my kids primary school.
  • Options
    In my experience, mostly young men, and young BAME in particular, eastern Europeans (mostly men) and some older men
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Hitchin Town lastnight, 600 fans, no masks and no social distancing. How can they attend but 1000 of us can't? 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Hitchin Town lastnight, 600 fans, no masks and no social distancing 

Shocking. And sad
  • Options
    Outside you’re not required to though.

What I can’t understand is the difference between the trials at league grounds where you had to wear one and the non requirement further down the pyramid.

Although if I was contemplating going to say, Cray Wanderers, and had to wear one, then I don’t think I’d bother going.

• Options
    Outside you’re not required to though.

What I can’t understand is the difference between the trials at league grounds where you had to wear one and the non requirement further down the pyramid.

Although if I was contemplating going to say, Cray Wanderers, and had to wear one, then I don’t think I’d bother going.

No, but the guy in the food kiosk probably should though 
  • Options
    Much better compliance on the buses but i've whittled it down to 3 regular abusers,

Fat chav bird with brood, having her 15 minutes of fame.
    Black teen gangsta boy.
    Chav real geezer, just dying for someone to say something.
  • Options
    Had a trip to Fairlop (central line) on Train and underground and was surprised that about 90% of people were wearing them.
    I thought there would be more rebels.

Didn't notice anyone enforcing the rules just folk being responsible overall. This was in the daytime and early evening so not sure when more alcohol is consumed if masks go back on.

Masks are anti social but necessary until proved other wise. The fact that WHO hesitated in stating that wearing masks should be mandatory at the beginning didn't help.
  • Options
    Is there a rule about wearing face masks at non league games though?