Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Great goal from Rashford.

Exciting match. 
  • Options
    Brighton deserved that
  • Options
    Madness 
  • Options
    Penalty!?!
  • Options
    Hadn’t he blown the final whistle? 
  • Options
    He did. Thought that meant the game ended
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I think because the incident happened before the final whistle its got to be looked at
  • Options
    What on earth is Maupay doing there. Definite pen.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I think because the incident happened before the final whistle its got to be looked at
    Really? I assumed the final whistle meant it’s all over. What happens if the spot something half an hour after the final whistle goes when the teams are back in the changing room?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Really? I assumed the final whistle meant it’s all over. What happens if the spot something half an hour after the final whistle goes when the teams are back in the changing room?
    If VAR said to the Referee straight after the incident that something suspicious had happened and it needed looking into then the ref wont take them off the field, even if it takes 30mins (which'll see VAR getting absolutely slated for taking that long in the first place) - VAR would have basically said to the ref that he's blown for full time too early and should have given the penalty
  • Options
    Jammy United Cnuts. Hate them with a passion
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    If VAR said to the Referee straight after the incident that something suspicious had happened and it needed looking into then the ref wont take them off the field, even if it takes 30mins (which'll see VAR getting absolutely slated for taking that long in the first place) - VAR would have basically said to the ref that he's blown for full time too early and should have given the penalty
    It’s the right decision, definitely shows why VAR is necessary I just would have thought there’s a time after which incidents won’t be reviewed and it would make sense if that time was the final whistle. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s the right decision, definitely shows why VAR is necessary I just would have thought there’s a time after which incidents won’t be reviewed and it would make sense if that time was the final whistle. 
    I think its just a fluke of luck with this incident that its effectively happened exactly as the whistles been blown

What would have been interesting had the referee taken the players off only for VAR to then suddenly look back and see it

If it got to that point though I wonder if VAR would quietly ignore it and take the brunt of missing the incident rather than telling the ref that the Goalkeeper and penalty taker need to return to the pitch because something got spotted thirty minutes ago... As reckon that would be so much more damaging for VAR on the whole
  • Options
    The whistle went like 5 seconds after the header, VAR need time to review. Would be a different story if play went on for another minute and then the final whistle went 
  • Options
    The ref made the correct decision, however what would he had done the the keeper saved it and the player put the rebound in?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The ref made the correct decision, however what would he had done the the keeper saved it and the player put the rebound in?
    Provided it touched the Goalkeeper first as if it simply hits the post then the penalty taker cant connect with the ball if I'm right in thinking?

Guess if all that can happen before the ref blows the whistle (again) then guess its allowed
  • Options
    Palace v Everton is on Amazon now 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Palace v Everton is on Amazon now 
    Shocking from Palace keeper, should be saving a shot like that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't see the difference between that Palace hand ball VAR check and the one given against Brighton?
  • Options
    Looks like the referee agrees. Hand ball rule needs a major overhaul I think.
  • Options
    Palace losing. 
    That's all that matters 
  • Options
    Palace losing. 
    That's all that matters 
    Of course and it looks like the referee got the decision correct but I've no idea why the rule has to be so technical
  • Options
    Palace losing. 
    That's all that matters 
    Of course and it looks like the referee got the decision correct but I've no idea why the rule has to be so technical
    Me neither 
  • Options
    What a shit second half
  • Options
    Always had a soft spot for Everton. Proper club. Would be great to see them challenge those victims from across the city. 
  • Options
    Well spent Chelsea... Well spent!! 
    Abysmal defending for all 3 goals.
  • Options
    The chant "you're worse than Crystal Palace" seems appropriate when they're wearing that kit!