Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Tuchel has worked Madrid out. Press in the middle third and win the ball. Madrid have nobody between the lines in the last third so it’s really easy for Chelsea to press and win the ball back when they continually play sideways.
  • Options
    Havertz is really coming into his own. Tidy player.
  • Options
    Chelsea have missed three or four absolute sitters. That will bite them in the bum if they aren't careful,
  • Options
    If Chelsea had someone like Benzema up front they'd have won this game at a canter. Just can't finish their chances
  • Options
    Chelsea have missed three or four absolute sitters. That will bite them in the bum if they aren't careful,
    Or possibly not!
  • Options
    Kante is unbelievable. So many tackles won to set Chelsea away. Blokes a machine.
  • Options
    Kanté has played brilliantly tonight. Huge part in those goals, nicking the ball
  • Options
    Wonder if Pep would be prefering Real Madrid in the Final given the fact that it was Chelsea who knocked them out of the FA Cup
  • Options
    If any side in the world can beat City, it’s Chelsea. 

Very solid defensively, great pace and movement on the counter.

Should be a great final.
  • Options
    Think Chelsea lack of finisher may cost them in the final. They won’t get many chances against City and they have to take them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First choice team at Man City beats Chelsea.
    Currently. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    So between ManC, Chelsea and Real.... which do you most want NOT to win it all?
    Please don't say 'Real'.

It's like saying 'Aston' ... or 'Crystal' ... or 'Port'.

They are called 'Madrid'.  The clue is in the club song.

Himno Real Madrid Nueva Versión Oficial | La Undecima | Placido Domingo | HD - YouTube

Although this is my preferred version:

Real Madrid Football Club Song / Real Madrid Fútbol Club canción - YouTube
    Odd thing to pick on. It's perfectly acceptable in English, using "Real" is the equivalent of calling Manchester "United" or their neighbours "City". "Villa" is widely used to shorten the name of the team from Aston.
    It's not Real

It's Really large debts...
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate same country finals
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    se9addick said:
    I was hoping that they will switch it to Wembley but I hear UEFA are saying it will still be played in Istanbul. 

Ludicrous.

Turkey are currently in Lockdown due to serious Covid infections & the powers that be think it's a good idea that 8k English fans travel there instead of a very safe UK venue.

Bonkers if they don't switch it.....bonkers.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Madrid fans are apparently absolutely furious that Hazard was laughing and joking with some Chelsea players at full time.

He's been a complete flop and their fans are not exactly shy in getting on a players back if he's not performing. I wonder if Madrid will try and move him on this summer to help fund a move for Mbappe or Haaland.
  • Options
    Big few weeks for Chelsea.

They could secure top 4, win both the FA Cup and the champions league and be heroes.

Or they could potentially finish 5th, lose both finals and then the season is probably classed as a failure.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I was hoping that they will switch it to Wembley but I hear UEFA are saying it will still be played in Istanbul. 

Ludicrous.

Turkey are currently in Lockdown due to serious Covid infections & the powers that be think it's a good idea that 8k English fans travel there instead of a very safe UK venue.

Same day as the championship play off final.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ludicrous.

Not to mention Chelsea have a full fixture list between now and the end of the season

Only choice is to play the 26th May which gives them both just two days to prepare after the last League game of the season - Could of course delay it a week, but then International Managers will be wanting the players so they can prepare for the Euros.

England themselves have friendlies on the 2nd and 6th June, cant see the likes of Foden or Mount being involved in the first one, but bet Southgate will want them for the second
  • Options
    Big few weeks for Chelsea.

They could secure top 4, win both the FA Cup and the champions league and be heroes.

Or they could potentially finish 5th, lose both finals and then the season is probably classed as a failure.
    Fingers crossed its the latter, like they were fantastic yesterday but that still doesn't take away from me wanting Leicester/ City both to win and if Chelsea can finish outside the top 4 even better. Granted they are looking a really good team at the moment, still feel the best of werner will come if they keep at it, surprised he came off yesterday as Real were struggling to handle him.

Kante really is a superb player, look how he transformed Leicester. Granted he hasn't been firing all season but last nights performance was next level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Ludicrous.

Then play it somewhere else......perhaps halfway between the 2 clubs so in the Midlands like they used to do for cup Semi Finals, so somewhere like Aston Villa. It's not rocket science.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ludicrous.

Then play it somewhere else......perhaps halfway between the 2 clubs so in the Midlands like they used to do for cup Semi Finals, so somewhere like Aston Villa. It's not rocket science.
    Villa have asked to host it and UEFA said no.
  • Options

Uefa is set to decide by Wednesday whether to switch the Champions League final to Wembley from Istanbul because of travel restrictions.

European football's governing body will meet with UK government officials and the Football Association to discuss options for the final.

Chelsea face Manchester City in the final on 29 May.

There is a fixture issue to resolve, as Wembley is scheduled to stage the Championship play-off final on 29 May. However, it is understood the EFL would consider moving the match if asked by Uefa, and its board would make the final call.

• Options

Uefa is set to decide by Wednesday whether to switch the Champions League final to Wembley from Istanbul because of travel restrictions.

European football's governing body will meet with UK government officials and the Football Association to discuss options for the final.

Chelsea face Manchester City in the final on 29 May.

There is a fixture issue to resolve, as Wembley is scheduled to stage the Championship play-off final on 29 May. However, it is understood the EFL would consider moving the match if asked by Uefa, and its board would make the final call.

I hate the fact that the EFL would move the Play-Off Finals to accommodate the Champions League

Feels a case of them and us again as with the Super League

If UEFA and the FA want to do the right thing and host the Champions League here then find another venue, there are plenty here with the capacity required, including Aston Villa's who are a winner of the competition so where better to host it?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hold the Champions League final at The Valley

I look forward to Adkins telling his players "That'll be us next year"
  • Options

Portugal is a strong candidate to host the Champions League final after Uefa did not gain guarantees of exemptions it wants to move the game to Wembley.

Uefa, UK government officials and the Football Association met on Monday to discuss moving the game between Chelsea and Manchester City from Istanbul.

Uefa has decided it will be moved after Turkey was put on England's red travel list meaning fans cannot travel.

Portugal is on the green list so fans would be allowed to attend on 29 May.

The match could still be played at Wembley but it would require a major shift from the government, who have so far failed to reach an agreement with Uefa.

European football's governing body feels in Portugal it is going to be easier to gain access for sponsors and broadcasters, who would need to be compensated if they were unable to attend the game.

Porto has been mentioned as a potential venue but it is understood Lisbon, which hosted last year's final, is also a possibility.

Travellers from England to green-list countries must follows rules before departure but do not have to quarantine on their return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57051804

• Options

Portugal is a strong candidate to host the Champions League final after Uefa did not gain guarantees of exemptions it wants to move the game to Wembley.

Uefa, UK government officials and the Football Association met on Monday to discuss moving the game between Chelsea and Manchester City from Istanbul.

Uefa has decided it will be moved after Turkey was put on England's red travel list meaning fans cannot travel.

Portugal is on the green list so fans would be allowed to attend on 29 May.

The match could still be played at Wembley but it would require a major shift from the government, who have so far failed to reach an agreement with Uefa.

European football's governing body feels in Portugal it is going to be easier to gain access for sponsors and broadcasters, who would need to be compensated if they were unable to attend the game.

Porto has been mentioned as a potential venue but it is understood Lisbon, which hosted last year's final, is also a possibility.

Travellers from England to green-list countries must follows rules before departure but do not have to quarantine on their return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57051804

Makes sense, Portugal is basically equidistant from London and Manchester.  
  • Options
    Seems ridiculous, it should be moved 100%. Wembley or a neutral venue ie. Villa Park. I know Portugal is on the list but surely its better to have less travel? still as long as it gets moved i suppose. 
  • Options
    Seems ridiculous, it should be moved 100%. Wembley or a neutral venue ie. Villa Park. I know Portugal is on the list but surely its better to have less travel? still as long as it gets moved i suppose. 
    I think the UK government aren’t up for having sponsors/media from all over the world coming into the country without having to quarantine (if they are coming in from a red/amber list country) and I can understand that. It would probably make more sense for us to have 8,000 of our people to travel to a relatively “safe” country like Portugal than have 2,000 people from all over the world, including high risk countries, come here with no real effective controls in place. 

Why Portugal would be up for it is a bit of a mystery to me. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Won’t there be thousands of Sponsors and Broadcasters coming in from all over the place when the Euros start just a week later?