Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely gutted. 

Would love to be positive but I can’t see us getting anything from Wigan & Leeds and I really doubt the other results will go our way. 4 minutes is how close we were to safety. 
  • Options
    Utterly utterly predictable 
  • Options
    I am usually a glass half full person but after tonight I can't see us staying up. If we can't beat poor sides like Reading and Birmingham, we have no chance against Wigan and Leeds. We are a very average team but the annoying thing is we could have saved ourselves. Defensive subs cost us tonight. 

• Options
    Still in our hands with a game against Wigan , but we may just nab it if we can draw the final two 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Sometimes I really hate supporting this football club.

Two chances, including one tap in, to go 0-2 up. We draw 1-1.

Bonne's two goals both canceled out. His two misses from inside the six yard box might be what relegates us in the end.

Why slag off a young striker who has scored 10 goals in the championship?

It's not compulsory to make 5 changes every match. We invited Birmingham on and then don't have the outlet of Doughty to run at them.  I have given Lee Bowyer 100% support since day 1 but really tough to work out what's was the rationale with the subs.

Can't see how we are getting another point this season. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We started the season with a league 1 budget and guess where we:re going to end up. Hemed zero goals this season and the starting midfield zero goals this season - we have been poor all season let's face it - Gallagher prob a bigger miss than Taylor but how often have have we won by more than 1 goal this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer is quick to have a go at his younger players when they make a mistake. 
    Fair enough. 
    Now have a go at yourself for fucking up the substitutes again.
  • Options
    I am very critical of Bowyer but doubt if we would have scored another and the players he took off were probably leggy.

Its more the defending I have a problem with. Weak.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with taking Williams off, it was taking Doughty off which was stranger, as it left us without a pacey outlet up top.
  • Options
    It could prove to be a good point, don't forget they missed a pen too. If Hull and Luton draw then the point could be priceless, either way pick ourselves up and  go again, if win Saturday we are safe. Given our budget if someone had of said to me we will go into the Wigan game knowing we need a win to stay up I'd have taken it bother pre season and post lock down.
  • Options
    Gutting absolutely gutting, went too defensive to soon, missed 2 glorious chances to go 2 up; now we need to beat Wigan, hope Barnsley lose all their last 3 and Hull/Luton draw. SSN saying we should have won it, but that doesn't help. LB must now put out a full attacking side on Saturday we, must win it, and 50 points should see us safe. Not blaming Dills for anything the pen save was outstanding and that fantastic save in the second half kept us in it. Nuff said...goodnight.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Brum had 24 shots, 7 on target. We had 7 shots, 3 on target

If you let an opposition have so many more attempts on goal than you, it's really hard to win
    Yes.

Unless you are Charlton. Our last match we had many more shots than our opponent and still could not score.🙈
  • Options
    We needed to throw everything at them tonight in the hope or knowledge that a win would've meant the results of our last two games would be irrelevant. Just feel sick after that
  • Options
    Is timidity a tactic? Bowyer needs to focus on his substitutions until the end of the season. This will have to go down as the most avoidable relegation in living memory. What a season on and off the pitch. Has really highlighted the dross that the game has become. Meanwhile, EFL fiddles as Rome burns.  
  • Options
    That's now 8 goals conceded after the 90-minute mark and 8 points thrown away (including the additional 2 today).
  • Options
    Over the last few games, those below us have given us ample opportunities to get clear of them and we haven’t taken it.
    Now Luton will be saying “we can do it” and they’ll start believing it now, especially after seeing how bad we have actually been. They’ll be up for it over the last two games, and unfortunately we won’t be.
    i can see major changes in the playing squad for next season, and sadly I can’t see it being for the better 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we had a couple chances to time waste in their corner flag but instead we whipped in weak crosses, that resulted in us getting pushed back into our own end.
    Would have been nice to see some corner time wasting or passing around the back instead of lumping the ball into the box with only minutes left in regulation.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    SDAddick said:
    Sometimes I really hate supporting this football club.

Two chances, including one tap in, to go 0-2 up. We draw 1-1.

Bonne's two goals both canceled out. His two misses from inside the six yard box might be what relegates us in the end.

Why slag off a young striker who has scored 10 goals in the championship?

It's not compulsory to make 5 changes every match. We invited Birmingham on and then don't have the outlet of Doughty to run at them.  I have given Lee Bowyer 100% support since day 1 but really tough to work out what's was the rationale with the subs.

Can't see how we are getting another point this season. 
    Since when is 24 young. He should be entering his prime
  • Options
    Negative substitutions from Bowyer have cost us again. December home games ring a few bells? 
    Hate to agree with this... 

This season is just about up there for one of the worst ever for me. Every time a smile starts to appear, something happens, normally in the 97th minute, to kick you in the nuts. Even the couple of comfortable good wins we’ve had I’ve managed to miss.

I have absolutely no faith in this team or the general cautious approach (and I love you dearly Lee) for us to see this out without the assistance of others. If Luton win one of their last two games I think we’re done.
  • Options
    Another point in our quest for survival
  • Options
    jbcafc said:
    That's now 8 goals conceded after the 90-minute mark and 8 points thrown away (including the additional 2 today).
    ......and all sooooooo frigging predictable too. Couldn’t be more pissed off right now than I am.
  • Options
    The amount of points we’ve lost from similar positions this season... it’s not bad luck, just shocking game management.
  • Options
    Without doubt, this lot are the biggest bunch of bottlers in the history of football.
    Although this one is also "special"