Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    Let's look on the brightside, that could've gone a lot worse if David Davis had been eligible to play for them
  • Options
    Field is an excellent defensive player, but contributes nothing further up the pitch, whereas Pratley is a bit more box to box
    Takes him a bit longer to do that job  :D
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Let's look on the brightside, that could've gone a lot worse if David Davis had been eligible to play for them

Yes if David Davis had played it could've been a Chexit.
  • Options
    MattF said:

Yes if David Davis had played it could've been a Chexit.
    Or snookered! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Leuth said:
    Watching that goal again, everyone makes a small error (although I can't see how you can fault Sarr, he's never getting there ahead of Jutkiewicz) - perhaps the most culpable is Lockyer, even, that ball should never get past him, and actually Phillips, I hate to say, could have done a lot better
    Sorry, I may have misunderstood, but are you saying everyone was at fault for the goal apart from Sarr? The geezer that's right there in the middle of it all?

I know you love him Leuth, but come on .....
  • Options
    A bit of a curate’s egg, both the team and the manager.

The officiating, however, was awful. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    meldrew66 said:
    mascot88 said:
    I'm having to let it go ... if you get too close, if you get too worked up about it, we could all get sick, it's not good for us, I bet there is a study showing that supporting a shite football team will shorten your life expectancy. 

I'm back to hoping Roland drops dead,so the neck clamp he put on this club years ago may be, finally, wrenched free... 

Bowyer has a specific way of playing that, he feels, is the best way to get points which is 1-0 and with a decent striker that was working, we then live by the seat of our pants, but the players are all tired, that goal was inevitable, I'm angry at myself that I even let a drop o hope fall in when we went 1 up, and it took me a few hours to get over that after the game. 

88% chance of us going down now, and I'll be ****** if I am holding on to any hope as it has hurt me 80% of the time over the years. 

So that's that. 

F***** f****** f*** 

What is the secret to ‘getting over it’? I can’t shake off the anger, even after sleeping (not very well) on it. We all sat there when the extra 7 minutes were announced, all went “What? 7 minutes? No way” and then predicted the inevitable but, even so, it makes it no less hard to take. 

I am now now clinging onto the fact that Wigan recently only drew 0-0 with Barnsley as the last strand of hope that we can get at least one more point. 48 point may very well be enough.
    One reason there were seven minutes was because of all the substitutes. Each one means 30 seconds added on. So 10 subs=5 minutes.
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Put any manager in charge of those players and I reckon most would've gone defensive at the end, but as has been said, switching 3 at once seemed odd.

Thought McGeady was terrific at times. 

Far from over this. 

Keep the faith everyone. 
    Agree on McGeady - he is getting better by the game. The way he pulled one ball out of the sky in the first half was absolute class. He deserved a goal for his performance.
    agreed - i think he's a class act 
  • Options
    Biggest disappointment was that Birmingham were even worse than I expected - absolutely shocking - yet they still should have won. We really  are rank bad. No lack of effort (although Hemed looked borderline to me in the giving a toss department) but just woefully inept. Tactics and negativity from us as always played a part but at the end of the day we are purely and simply a piss poor side. We all know why but, I repeat,  the fact that we are not 20 points adrift under all the circs is a miracle. A complete overhaul needed regardless of the league we are in next season. Funnily enough I am now quite confident that we will stay up. Barnsley are toast and if Hull and Luton draw we could be safe already. Not done yet but we sure are a very hard watch.  
  • Options
    Biggest disappointment was that Birmingham were even worse than I expected - absolutely shocking - yet they still should have won. We really  are rank bad. No lack of effort (although Hemed looked borderline to me in the giving a toss department) but just woefully inept. Tactics and negativity from us as always played a part but at the end of the day we are purely and simply a piss poor side. We all know why but, I repeat,  the fact that we are not 20 points adrift under all the circs is a miracle. A complete overhaul needed regardless of the league we are in next season. Funnily enough I am now quite confident that we will stay up. Barnsley are toast and if Hull and Luton draw we could be safe already. Not done yet but we sure are a very hard watch.  
    You should only win if you outscore your opponent. They didn't, we actually had the 'should have been easier to score than miss' opportunities. 

Hemed was good at winning the ball and holding it up, the connection just is not there for he and Bonne.