Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

It's better to be lucky than good. Unfortunately, we're neither.

Another sad state of affairs that'll leave the Valley faithful in their constant state of unease.

I thought we'd done enough to take the three points, but alas it was not to be. We had our opportunities, but couldn't keep the lead. The home side's equaliser came in the third minute of extra time.

If not for Phillips, we'd have come away with nothing. Three impressive saves, including the penalty save. 

Pleased for Bonne. We'll have to get our remaining points in the next few.

Again, a gut-punch finish to a decent performance. 

Over. To. You.

Comments

• Options
    Time to disconnect from football for a while
  • Options
    How many times are we gonna concede in injury time. We’re going down sadly.
  • Options
    Great defensive subs! Let's defend the lead that always works! Muppets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gut wrenching.

Thought we'd done enough.
  • Options
    If you can only score one goal a game tops it does put a lot of pressure on the defence to hold out. Managed it against Hull and QPR but not tonight. Got to somehow get that second to close the game out...
  • Options
    Luton will beat Hull and we will go third from bottom and stay there.
  • Options
    We won't get anything against eight-nil Wigan nor champions Leeds. Luton will save themselves by beating Hull.

Thank you and goodnight.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Taylor to blame not Bowyer 
    How did Taylor cost us this game? 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Bollocks - he weren't that good
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Looks to me we're down it sickens me to say. Phillips superb.
  • Options
    We are just not good enough to defend, defend, defend. When we will learn? Unfortunately, not soon enough.
  • Options
    I am absolutely crushed after that. 93rd minute equaliser that could have seen us potentially safe exchanged for a point that will probably see us down. I've got nothing else to say, I'm out
  • Options
    In big big trouble. 49 to keep us up I reckon, would have been there with a win. Don’t see anything other than two losses to end the season. 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Bow is the worse subber I have ever seen, field, Williams, doherty off (our only pace)
    The HT comments were all about taking Williams off... Doughty had received a knock just moments before being subbed
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
     Sorry. Taylor's a twat. But you need more than one sodding forward to survive in this league. The rest are shockingly short