Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    Gutted.  Down to us in the next 2 games.  Go down and we deserve to, stay up and we deserve to.
  • Options
    Bowyer went far too defensive and once again we proved were not good enough to play like that. We've completely bottled a must win game and sadly, I think we're going back to league 1.

Absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    Aneke put himself about and improved us when he came on, but maybe I would have and I am fat and old, with no discernable football ability.
  • Options
    We're screwed.  Just not good enough. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If you set up to try and not lose a game as opposed to trying to win it you will invariably not win it. Blame squarely on Bowyer im afraid. We don't have the players or confidence to hold onto a lead
  • Options
    How disappointing again. We are quite predictable. Couldn't see Birmingham scoring but knew they would! We should have been two up. Aneke did cause them problems but the other changes didn't help. Have to beat Wigan now. Not impossible but a tall order.

• Options
    That’s us down , baring a major major miracle! 

Every game has been vital, and every game we seem to not learn from the previous! 

Both management and players so naive and haven’t got what it takes to stay in this division! 

4 minutes left and to just be lumping it forward to nobody - just invites the negative and needless pressure! 

Times like these is where you had a warnock and not a bowyer! Can he even motivate the players anymore???   
  • Options
    Feels like a loss. Thought that was going to be a repeat of the Sheffield Wednesday away game with the form Brum were in when we played them and it as good as was.
     Managed to get to 75 minutes before totally changing everything up so maybe that's a positive, I'm not sure. Wigan will be salivating at the thought of playing us on Saturday and I worry we're in for a thrashing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That could be us, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Why did Doughty come off?

Bham spent the last 15 minutes playing route one and you knew they would score. We looked likely to lose at the end.

Morgan offered nothing.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Unlucky with the post.

Bonne missing from 1-yard out when it's easier to score. 

But Phillips kept us in it as well.

We're not getting any more points, let's be honest. We've had our opportunities. Now we leave our fate down to other teams. It's just not good enough. 
    Yep, this is what my lower intestine is telling me...
  • Options
    We are a very mundane mid-table club.... for League One.
  • Options
    That is a massive blow and one we won’t recover from now 
  • Options
    Pathetic subs by Bowyer, usual shit show from the players.

Fuck the whole lot off, sick and tired of the same old shit. Got to be the most spineless group of professional athletes in any sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Taylor to blame not Bowyer 
    Bollocks - he weren't that good
    He’d have put away some of these chances our strikers are fluffing. 
  • Options
    Brum had 24 shots, 7 on target. We had 7 shots, 3 on target

If you let an opposition have so many more attempts on goal than you, it's really hard to win
    Wigan will spank us I'm afraid, they look great in front of goal right now.
  • Options
    Massively disappointed of course, but when are we going to get a break? McGeady our best outfield player and so unlucky to hit the post. And Bonne should have scored the second of course. We looked more solid at the back after the substitutions, the Brum goal was streaky to say the least. If we win on Saturday we will stay up. Keep the faith.
  • Options
    Said this on the post match thread last week and it’s happened again. It’s cost us the 3 points once more.
    JoshAddick said:
    I love Bonne for his effort but how many times have we found ourself saying ‘he should have scored’ after a game? Too many for a professional striker in the Championship 

It's not his fucking fault. He scored one & the keeper saved the 2nd.

Blame anyone blame Bowyer.