Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020

Please don't blame LB and the players for what happened tonight and what it means for next season. They all did their best in very difficult circumstances.

Remember, there is only one person to blame for the events that created this sad state of affairs.

The nationality of that person is Belgian.
    Is it Plastic Bertrand? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Please don't blame LB and the players for what happened tonight and what it means for next season. They all did their best in very difficult circumstances.

Remember, there is only one person to blame for the events that created this sad state of affairs.

The nationality of that person is Belgian.
    Is it Plastic Bertrand? 
    Is that what his friends call him?
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan Beautiful words. Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Draw with Wigan and we still stay up.  Barnsley won't get 4 points, Hull won't get another, Huddersfield will lose their next game... So last game of season we will be above Barnsley, Hull, Luton on GD, Huddersfield on GD and Wigan.  Massive bad luck for all of the last 3 to pick up points and send us down and even if they did the EFL will relegate Shef Weds instead of us anyway...
  • Options
    Desperate times require desperate measures. I'd be tempted to rest our key players against Wigan and go for 3 points against a Leeds side who with luck won't have anything to play for.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    I love how Bonne has missed SITTERS. Absolute sitters!! that will cost us our division status. And yet we're supposed to be impressed because we signed him from non league. Ok then.
    2 in 2 games from less than 3 yards out, but it’s ok because he wasn’t meant to be playing this year....
    So taking on players for development is a waste of time.  We should just chuck em in and if they don't perform, tough shit?  We could save so much money on coaching players.
    That isn't my point at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Huddersfield are the key to this as they could lose their last two games with us needing  a point to go above them. Luton will escape, Barnsley and Hull won't.
  • Options
    For all you Taylor haters, we took 7 points from the 3 games he decided not to play because of the extended season. 

If we have had stable ownership with a genuine 5 year plan of Premier football then Lyle Taylor who was great for us would still be a Charlton player now with at least a two year extension on a successful Championship strikers pay scale.

As we are small time he decided to move on, no doubt like Lee Bowyer will if he is offered a Championship position next season.

All this hate to Holmes, Grant and Taylor is just plain one eyed jealousy.

Mixing up professional footballers with Football fans is just wrong. Gerrard and Rooney only stayed at Liverpool and United because of massive wage increases. 

Taylor, Grant and Holmes never had that luxury. 

No denying Bellingham is a great talent but even more reason to be proactive in continuing to get at Birmingham down the flanks as Doughty and Aneke were doing so well.

• Options
    We will never know but with Taylor we may have beaten Cardiff....2 pts could make a huge difference.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Oh fuck off Bowyer. Managers like you should learn not to try & defend every time we are leading with 20 mins to go. Don't go round blaming a striker who had never played higher than League 2.

Do you not remember away at Bristol City or Millwall or Sheff Wed......or home to Hull where if we had seen the game it we would now be safe.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Oh fuck off Bowyer. Managers like you should learn not to try & defend every time we are leading with 20 mins to go. Don't go round blaming a striker who had never played higher than League 2.

Do you not remember away at Bristol City or Millwall or Sheff Wed......or home to Hull where if we had seen the game it we would now be safe.
    You're CLEARLY in the wrong profession, golfie ! 
  • Options
    Lack of intelligence 
    lack of spirit 
    lack of heart
    brum are dogshit and were given the red carpet ‘here go and take a free point we’re shitting ourselves’
    starts at the top and corrodes all but Doughty and Phillips 
    Alfie would be mad mad mad 🤡🤪🤯 to accept the contract offer from this piss poor shit show. He has a fine future for the taking. Sadly it will need to be elsewhere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a draw against wigan might enough. 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer has an issue with Macaulay Bonne agent who critised him when he didn't take him off at Swansea when he did his hamstring. 

No need for that language Golfie, but if Bowyer doesn't regret taking Field off who was playing well, Doughty who was getting behind the defence and tried to get another 10 minutes from Williams then i would be amazed.

• Options
    I can understand why people will point the finger at Bowyer’s subs, but we’ve spent £300k all season, the lowest spend by a mile, on Bonne who by his own admission wasn’t ready to play at this level.

The fact we’re currently out of the bottom 3 is a miracle, we were favourites to go down and it’s looking very likely we will, but the fact we’re currently in with a chance of staying up is a good thing at least.

The ball trickling into the net was painful and felt like the season summed up, Luton will 100% beat Hull meaning we will need at least 1 win in our last two fixtures, it’s against us like never before after tonight but I still have belief we can survive.
  • Options
    I can understand why people will point the finger at Bowyer’s subs, but we’ve spent £300k all season, the lowest spend by a mile, on Bonne who by his own admission wasn’t ready to play at this level.

The fact we’re currently out of the bottom 3 is a miracle, we were favourites to go down and it’s looking very likely we will, but the fact we’re currently in with a chance of staying up is a good thing at least.

The ball trickling into the net was painful and felt like the season summed up, Luton will 100% beat Hull meaning we will need at least 1 win in our last two fixtures, it’s against us like never before after tonight but I still have belief we can survive.
    That's the most infuriating bit for me I think, if we're going to concede equalisers and keep ourselves in the shit, can they at least be moments of quality from the opposition where we get to hold our hands up and say fair enough.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Ominous @oohaahmortimer hasn't posted his percentages yet.

40% on the khazi 30% Rereading Valley of Dreams by Curbs 30% Looking out his 2011/2012 N Power league 1 champions T shirt in honour of SCP  ;)
    Might need to rejig those percentages, given it's perfectly possible that he's rereading Valley of Dreams on the khazi.