Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton | Post-match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    1968CAFC said:
    Matt southall
    tahnoon niminer 
    esi 
    lyle Taylor 

too many c***s spoil the broth 
    Yeh and all three C***s have three things in common  Greed and Zero integrity are two of them 👎👎
    What about RD as well 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Phillips spilled the ball ,it was identical to the spill against Millwall,don't he ever learn,I am well pissed off 
    I didn’t think he was at fault against Millwall but I thought he was tonight-it was soft and down his throat and he should have held on to it. 

He has been brilliant this season though and if that pen goes in we lose that game for sure so not going to knock him too much.
  • Options
    Not blaming Bonne at all, he was effectively a non-league striker last season & is now being asked to lead the line in the Championship in a relegation threatened side who don’t create many chances. 

And still managed double figures!
  • Options
    If we beat Wigan we stay up.

• Options
    I don't know how it's possible to make a team as poor as Birmingham, look like Barcelona in the last 20 minutes.
    There was no one to put their foot on the ball, slow things down, keep possession, draw fouls and generally frustrate the hell out of them, as other teams do to us in the final minutes when we're losing.
    Oztumer could have done it, but he wasn't even on the bench.
    We just kept inviting pressure down our right side with endless long throws into the box.
    Something had to give and 7 minutes was always going to be too much for us.
    Williams is pretty good at it.....
  • Options
    Tough night but in typical Charlton fashion I think we'll go out and win on Saturday
    91st minute, Hemed deflects off his backside, Charlton win 1-0 
  • Options
    Dillon will be frustrated he didn't push the ball away, but keepers don't save everything, everyone makes mistakes

That's why I've been annoyed with Bowyer calling out individuals, like Bonne and Morgan after the Reading game, for errors. Apart from anything else it can easily look like double standards if other players make worse mistakes, and the manager says nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I right in thinking that if Barnsley lose tomorrow & we beat Wigan, we’re safe no matter what?

Even if there’s a winner with Luton & Hull on Saturday, we beat Wigan & their 12 point deduction puts them down 
    We beat Wigan, they can’t catch us. If Hull Luton has a winner, the loser can’t catch us. And even if Barnsley get 7 points from Leeds Forest and Brentford, they can’t catch us.
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that if Barnsley lose tomorrow & we beat Wigan, we’re safe no matter what?

Even if there’s a winner with Luton & Hull on Saturday, we beat Wigan & their 12 point deduction puts them down 
    We beat Wigan, they can’t catch us. If Hull Luton has a winner, the loser can’t catch us. And even if Barnsley get 7 points from Leeds Forest and Brentford, they can’t catch us.
    All depends on the -12 points for Wigan 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Anyone suggesting Bowyer has got it wrong this season needs to look at our squad and match day  bench and give their heads a wobble. He’s working with a weaker squad than he had last year, not to mention injuries.
    taylor skipping the last 9 games.
    He has no option but to be negative in the last part of the game.
    We are still 2 points ahead of the bottom 3 and they’ve not got easy games to come either.
    Ask Hull, Luton and Barnsley fans if theyd rather be where we are or where they are. 
    This isn’t done yet.
  • Options
    My only regret was not putting my life savings on Birmingham getting a draw once Bowyer made his substitutions. How many times this season have we sat back in the last 15 minutes and invited the opposition to camp in our half. It's like inviting them to score - and it was inevitable Birmingham would.
     Hope I don't get another email tomorrow inviting me to renew my season ticket because, right now, I feel like telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    Sort of glad it's Wednesday and playing again Saturday. Less time to sulk over the equaliser, straight into a game where if we win we stay up.

Wigan will have used up all their goals against Hull and we'll snatch an unlikely win, its the Championship way. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    I love how Bonne has missed SITTERS. Absolute sitters!! that will cost us our division status. And yet we're supposed to be impressed because we signed him from non league. Ok then.
    2 in 2 games from less than 3 yards out, but it’s ok because he wasn’t meant to be playing this year....
    So taking on players for development is a waste of time.  We should just chuck em in and if they don't perform, tough shit?  We could save so much money on coaching players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put any manager in charge of those players and I reckon most would've gone defensive at the end, but as has been said, switching 3 at once seemed odd.

Thought McGeady was terrific at times. 

Far from over this. 

Keep the faith everyone. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield could be in real trouble if we pick up another point . Could be 3 Yorkshire teams going down  .
  • Options
    Refuse to post as I was raging after FT. 

Time to reflect. 

I think we're down. Them last 5 minutes were huge. I can't see us getting anything against Wigan or Leeds I think they must be the top 2 inform teams. 

Hate seeing Lee getting the blame. The amount of crap he has had to deal with is like no other. Has done wonders for us to be in the position we are. 
    That was 2 poor teams out there. I don't think we can moan to much about relegation we just haven't  been good enough. 

Win lose or draw
    Prem champ  league 1 or  2 

I will always be Charlton. 
    Are we that poor though? Are Phillips, Matthews, Doughty, Lockyer, Field, Cullen, Williams and McGeady not good standard Championship players? I appreciate that we are toothless up front but I still don’t think we’re as bad as people make out...
  • Options
    I don't know how it's possible to make a team as poor as Birmingham, look like Barcelona in the last 20 minutes.
    There was no one to put their foot on the ball, slow things down, keep possession, draw fouls and generally frustrate the hell out of them, as other teams do to us in the final minutes when we're losing.
    Oztumer could have done it, but he wasn't even on the bench.
    We just kept inviting pressure down our right side with endless long throws into the box.
    Something had to give and 7 minutes was always going to be too much for us.
    Easy to say all that when our squad for most of the season, if not all season has been weaker than last season.
    Taylor missed 14 weeks plus the final 9 games.
    plus all the other injuries.
    We are still in this
  • Options
    We've seen out our fair share of games out this season, first two games of the restart then Brentford and Leeds at home and Forest away and maybe others I've forgotten. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    "We’ve created enough chances to win flipping two games again tonight."

Sorry Lee, but that is nonsense. No team scores from every chance it creates, otherwise games would finish 6-6, and Birmingham had SEVEN shots on target to our 3