Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:
    God that is so depressing. Manager admits none if his FOUR strikers will get 20 goals this season but he is HOPING that they might get into double figures.

But don't worry we aren't looking to strengthen there but out on the right instead. 

Ooh aah might as well give up with his "top 6" prediction thingy.

You might as well give up with your 'Being a Charlton Fan thingy', It must be boring being this negative.

Bowyer is a realist, what do you want him to say?

'Yeah I expect Aneke to get 40 and Bogle 29, no pressure lads.'
    Yeah, my bad for wanting a striker to score goals. 
    I was trying to label the point that even our manager doesnt think our strikers are good enough to get the "magical" 20 goals this season.....but he is hoping (emphasis on the word hope) that they will get into double figures.

Gee whizz. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:
    God that is so depressing. Manager admits none if his FOUR strikers will get 20 goals this season but he is HOPING that they might get into double figures.

But don't worry we aren't looking to strengthen there but out on the right instead. 

You might as well give up with your 'Being a Charlton Fan thingy', It must be boring being this negative.

Tell me the striker we could've signed, taking into account cap space, transfer fees and everything else that you can confidently say would score 20 for us this season.

No idea. Tell me what investment fund I should be putting clients money into. 
    And that could be a reasonable response if he was moaning about investments, however he hasn't once mentioned them(well not on this thread, he may have done on another thread)

You however have been moaning about strikers, so name one.........
  • Options
    Given how late in the window we had to do our business and with the handicap of the wage cap, I don't believe it was ever remotely possible to sign a 20 goal a season striker. Seeing as fairly often there are no 20 goal strikers in league one (there was only one last year), and with the other constraints it's totally unrealistic to expect us to find one, and bemoaning the lack one of want smacks of looking for something to moan about. Might as well go complain that you didn't win the lottery this week and the unicorn you requested to come shit gold on your lawn never arrived.
    I wondered where that pile of gold came from ...
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

Tell me the striker we could've signed, taking into account cap space, transfer fees and everything else that you can confidently say would score 20 for us this season.

Richard Rufus is your man.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    I said we wouldn't sign another striker. I agree we need defensive cover. Neither Pearce or Deji are good enough if our current crop get long term injured.
    Completely entitled to your opinion. However...

You don’t believe Pearce is good enough when fit if Famewo for example was to be injured?

Started and captained us 25 times in the league when we won promotion, conceding 27 isn't bad at all, and we won 14 of them.

Famewo, being the left sided centre back, has had an excellent start, but Pearce is most definitely good enough for this level.

I think it would also be unfair to say Oshilaja isn’t either, how many games has he played for us at this level in his best position with a proper partner and in a proper back 4, with a proper team in front of him? Absolutely none.
    What is the value of using team statistics on a field of 22 players + 2 managers to correlate to an individual performance? Personally, I'd rather assess the individual, and the game is still a game of opinions and not run by people like Driesen. I don't think these players are good enough, that's my assessment, it's the beauty of the game that we will disagree, but more and more these days people on here are using stats as if they are the final answer over personal opinion. It is still a game decided by the eye, and it likely always will be. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

I was trying to label the point that even our manager doesnt think our strikers are good enough to get the "magical" 20 goals this season.....but he is hoping (emphasis on the word hope) that they will get into double figures.

Gee whizz. 
    Labour

• Options
    Golfie probably can't bring himself to write that word tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

We have 4/5 players that could be getting 15 goals each, last year we didn't.. so I'd say we are better off. Yeah it would be nice to have a Taylor capable of getting 25 but we know what happens when you reply on that.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    We have been speaking to him for over a week, so my guess is we do need a striker :)
    LB: “But we ain’t been speaking about a striker. If we have anything left we’ll focus on another position.”
  • Options
    LB has been known to misdirect when he’s negotiating. 

We need a right sided defender AND a striker. Suspect the cap will only allow one of those and defenders will be cheaper. 

Do you think they’ll hold some back for January or max the cap now and shuffle at the time?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    LB has been known to misdirect when he’s negotiating. 
    When?

That's as straightforward as he could've put it. Couple that with his other quote about our strikers all needing to chip in this season. It's clear as day.
  • Options
    Is there a deadline for signing free agents?

If not, I guess we can keep chipping away and if he's short of offers he may come.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    saw that, they have been speaking to a striker though, last i heard on that was last weekend, see where he ends up i guess. He was earning something like 7k wasn't keen on dropping so much salary.
    I think a lot of players will very soon have to make a decision about whether to sign on lower wages or pack it up until Jan. 

Have you heard anything about Adam Matthews of late @Redhenry?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    We did everything by the book. We were made aware of him by his agent and Steve Gallen [Charlton’s director of football] spoke to their owner. We made an offer and they declined it."

It's that agent's fault again. First Bonne then Phillips and now this lad. I tell thee he's the scourge of football.
  • Options
    I think we need another CB most of all. I think that was best we’ve played so far this season at Blackpool. Think that’s most chances we’ve created and they never looked like scoring. Think bogle has done alright seeing as he hadn’t done nothing fit a few months will get better. Seems more involved in play than bonne was. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

And that could be a reasonable response if he was moaning about investments, however he hasn't once mentioned them(well not on this thread, he may have done on another thread)

I haven't been moaning about our strikers (not today at any rate)......LEE BOWYER has.

Try actually reading what I write & to what it was in response to. I didnt come on here to slag any particular player off, I simply commented on something OUR manager has said about our strike force.

I really hate the way people pick on me & try to make me out to be the bad man.

You can all fuck off. I'm out.
    Doubt you’ll leave but if you could that would be great, thanks. 
  • Options
    Wonder if it’s Andre Green?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Actually my take on that comment was positive. Four strikers getting 48 goals between them would be rather good.

Just saying. 
    Bowyer didn't actually mention Smyth in that interview, I think he was just referring to the other 3 as the 10+ goalscorers
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We did everything by the book. We were made aware of him by his agent and Steve Gallen [Charlton’s director of football] spoke to their owner. We made an offer and they declined it."

It's that agent's fault again. First Bonne then Phillips and now this lad. I tell thee he's the scourge of football.
    It probably only became public knowledge because their owner put out a statement obviously on the hope of a bidding war.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

I haven't been moaning about our strikers (not today at any rate)......LEE BOWYER has.

Try actually reading what I write & to what it was in response to. I didnt come on here to slag any particular player off, I simply commented on something OUR manager has said about our strike force.

I really hate the way people pick on me & try to make me out to be the bad man.

You can all fuck off. I'm out.
    I did think that, also i have directed things to you in the past. I dont think people do bully you. Personally i think you massively troll any transfers in particular, not really sure the fun in it though. Either that or you are just a miserable bugger. It does swing over both sides by the looks of it 
  • Options
    Really hope it’s not Andre green 
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about Andre Green. He had been linked with Championship clubs though
  • Options
    The signing of Smyth would seem to put the kibosh on Green